[Opensim-users] Windlight and LightShare in Opensim 0.7

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:03:11 UTC 2010

At 05:01 27/08/2010, opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de wrote:
>From: Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
>In OpenSim.ini.example, there's a setting right beneath AllowOSFunctions
>
>      ; Allow the user of LightShare functions
>      AllowLightShareFunctions = false
>
>Try setting this to true if you haven't already :)

Thanks Justin, I had missed that setting in my merge of the 0.7
settings into my setup.  I added that to the Wiki page too at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LightShare

The lsSetWindLightScene script now doer run on a suitably enabled
region, and I can see the data base entry beign create din the
regionswindlight table.  BUT the UUID of the region is set to the
null UUID.  I manually altered the data base to the region UUID, and
that had no effect.  In fact when I next canged the settings with
lsSetWindLightScene it just created another null UUID region entry in
regionswindlight. I assume that is wrong?  Should I Mantis that?

I am using Imrudence and have the settings on to tell me when
windlight settings change for a region, and I do see the pop up
indicating that.  But nothing alters when I try to set a red sea and
sky as a tests.  That may either be the problem above with the null
UUID, or some other issue to be addressed to make this work.

>On 26/08/10 21:52, Ai Austin wrote:
> > I tried adding in a specific allow_ls... line for my avatarUUID in the
> > [XEngine] section of OpenSim.ini , but that had no effect either. same
> > error message.
> >

> > Allow_lsGetWindlightScene = UUID
> > Allow_lsSetWindlightScene = UUID
> > Allow_lsSetWindlightSceneTargeted = UUID

I would note that this is an instance where a UUID linked allowance
of these functions would be most useful, rather than a simple turn it
on and off for anyone to use.