[Opensim-users] osprofile module - advice?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:08:21 UTC 2010

I have been doing some preliminary tests of adding in the osprofile
module to make avatar profiles work on my grid.  ASnd I am
confused... as well as not having got it working.  I am sure its
simple as others seem to have it fine in their setups.  But any
pointers would be appreciated to save some time...

1. Is there a known good version which works in 0.7?  There seems to
be the sourceforge version from melanie, and an xoopensim version
that suggests it fixes issues in running with 0.7.  The data bases
created by these two setups are quite different, so I assume they are
not compatible which seems a big pity.

2. I also wonder if osprofile can be added in alone, or if some other
module such as ossearch is required as well?  I ask as I had some
messages along the way saying serarch was not enabled when I tried to
"apply" an update the user profile.

3. I also see some mantis entries suggesting that core OpenSim needs
to populate the profile databases with the avatar UUID and DOB.  If
that is so how does it know what DB to use... I ask as the setup
instructions seem to imply a separate database "osmodules" should be
used, and I did that - so its separate to my main opensim database,
though on the same db server.  Is that a problem, and should I start
afresh and add the osprofile tables directly into the same database
as my main opensim content?

4. Our main web server PHP version is 5.1.4 by the way, and its
difficult to get that updated due to safety concerns by our system
admins. Is this a known issue and does osprofile reuiqre a later
version of PHP?  I see a mantis entry for an errore I ma getting at
http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4798 that suggests it was
fixed by using a later version of PHP which is why I ask.