[Opensim-dev] Negative z values

Jim Williams sphere1952 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:06:01 UTC 2014

Maybe not "simple" but that is clearly how Opensim has worked as that is
how it works in Metropolis now -- and after I point out how it currently
works to a Mer friend of mine I'm pretty sure there will be at least one
user who will complain bitterly if that is not how it works in the future.
 In 20 meters you tend to have a lot of problems with things sticking out
that would rather be under water.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 13:00 25/04/2014, opensim-dev-request at opensimulator.org wrote:
>
>> Well...I just tried "terrain fill -100" and with Firestorm it does make
>> the
>> problem with looking down into the sea while above the water more obvious,
>> but once the camera is below sea level I can't see anything particularly
>> problematic.
>>
>> Doesn't seem to me that there's anything broken, and therefore there is
>> nothing to fix.
>>

> Nice.. and "terrain fill -100" is good way to get a test region.
>
> I just tried to see if I can "teleport" to a negative Z in Firestorm 4.6.1
> though and it sets -50 to 0 every time I type that in to the map.  So I
> suspect not everything is simple.

No essence.  No permanence.  No perfection.  Only action.