[Opensim-dev] MinFrameTime = 0.089, whats the impact of changeing only that ?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:35:28 UTC 2013

MinFrameTime is the minimum time for an iteration of the server-side scene loop in order to keep a constant frame rate.
  If there is spare time after work done by an iteration then the main scene loop goes to sleep for the remaining time.

On ODE, changing this without also changing ODE parameters such as UpdatePhysicsEveryNFrames will cause massive avatar
juddering.  Are you sure that you haven't changed these other parameters at some point?  I can't say what would happen
with BulletSim.

On 20/10/13 20:20, R.Gunther wrote:
> I figured out on my standalone that the not smooth moveing world i can fix by changeing
> ;MinFrameTime = 0.089  to   MinFrameTime = 0.025
>
> with MinFrameTime = 0.025, flying is buttersmooth. really its super compared to shocking movement with ;MinFrameTime =
> 0.089
> And then only changeing this number. But whats the impact ? Or is there soemthing else wrong that get hidden by lowering
> this setting ?
> Because with 0.7.5 it worked always smooth, since 0.7.6 its not smooth anymore. until ic hanged this parameter.
> I made anyway mantis about my problem http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6814

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org