[Opensim-dev] Protocol Gateways

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Wed Oct 7 20:09:26 UTC 2009

I'd say what you want is Region Module that creates and manipulates
the entities.
I've done this before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=kJNDcurLP1w&feature=fvst
(and hopefully will be doing a lot more of it, because that's fun)

Unfortunately no one here has had time to write any documentation
about how to do this. I wrote a brief tutorial about regions modules
a few months ago (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Region_Modules), but
one month later, the interface of region modules changed (http://
opensimulator.org/wiki/New_Region_Modules), and I haven't had time to
update the tutorial yet.

So for the time being, you're on your own to put the pieces together.