[Opensim-dev] how many users is too many?

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:41:56 UTC 2007

Jeff,

I think at this point in time it would take all the clients to be on the
*very* good connections (localhost :)

the number of 20 comes from two factors:

- the number of available people at that time
- the fact that some of them were being dropped off due to excessive packet
retransmits

I was monitoring the server, and the CPU was around 20-30% most of the time.

As Sean said - there's not much of optimizations done, but anyway if you do
any experiments - feel free to post the results :)

/d