[Opensim-dev] how many users is too many?

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 25 14:41:06 UTC 2007

Jeff. We dont yet know how many avatars can simultaneously be in a sim. The 20 number is based solely on the number that could be gathered at a specific time on a specific day. It took a week to get everybody together at 10AM on Saturday a week or so ago. Perhaps you can encourage the next one and help get more then 20, that would be awesome.

On a technical basis, we did seem to have some clients dropping off on the standalone sim that was being used. It is tough to tell yet if these were internet issues, server os issues or sim issues.

But, I suspect it would be to our advantage to keep pushing this as we can gather simultaneously on one or another sim on a regular basis. It has been suggested that aiming for Saturdays at 10AM PDT (1700UTC) is a reasonable goal. Lets try to do this again and perhaps some sort of regular in-world meeting or stress tests may come out of it.

Charles