-Unofficial OpenSim meetup - UK
-Presence Refactor in testing. (Friends, SQLite and HyperGrid still need implementation in this branch) link
-We're also looking for solid documentation writing. If you're interested, please subscribe to opensim-dev and send us a letter.
Version 0.6.8 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
Version 0.6.7 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
OpenSimulator has moved it's source repository to git. Please see Using_Git for more details about setting up git to access the source repository. For anyone that can't use git, we're keeping a SVN mirror at http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim-track/trunk.
Additionally, we have a viewgit for OpenSimulator at http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=summary&p=opensim
Version 0.6.6 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
Starting in r9562 OpenSim has a set of new configuration variables that specify how services and service connectors are set up.
Please reference the Services and Service Connectors Configuration page for more information.
- There is a current proposal to drop Visual Studio 2005 support in OpenSim by end of May. Visual Studio 2008 will still be supported. If you have strong opinions on the matter, use the mailing lists to make your voice heard. (this proposal was approved)
- We are experimenting with a feature suggestion tracker, visit opensimulator.org/features to suggest new feature ideas.
- 03 Sep 2008 - Made in IBM Labs: IBM Moves Real-Time Communication and Collaboration Into 3-D (integrated with OpenSim)
- 21st Feb 2008 - Made in IBM Labs: IBM 3-D Data Centers Show Virtual Worlds Fit for Business
- 15th Feb 2008 - RealXtend joins OpenSim: Team up to make open source Virtual World standard
- 5th Feb 2008 - 3Di, Inc. Creates Voice Communication Function for Its Virtual World Application "Jin-sei"
- nebadon2025.com: HOW TO: Compile Mono 3.0.3 from source code [Universal *nix] (Sat, 09 Feb 2013 12:50:00 +0000)
- WorldSimTerra (Português, English, Español)
- Adam's OpenSim resources blog post - a list of resources for running OpenSim
- Rock Vacirca's Blog - lots of tutorials, not only on OpenSim, but on MySQL, Hippo, Second Inventory, etc
- justincc's blog - A blog with a weekly OpenSim development update and regular articles on various OpenSim topics.
- lbsa71.net - tidbits from an OpenSim developer.
- Mo Hax - posts and videos about OpenSim and Second Life from beginner perspective, focus on content previewing and educational use
- Metaverse3d - French blog about metaverse and OpenSim.
- Subwereld - A Dutch weblog about the OpenSimulator Project, the virtual world grids and OpenSim tools.
- Maxping - A web magazine that writes about open source virtual worlds.
- Cyberlandia Blog - Italian blog about Opensim, hypergrid and virtual worlds
- b5od Teravus Misc Blog - Teravus' technology blog about .NET, OpenSimulator, Security and other topics (OpenSimulator Tag)