HyperGrid Team/Chat Logs/2009.0422

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 06:17, 11 June 2011 by MakoBot (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

[11:49]  Teleport completed from http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sunred%20Gateway/127/143/22
[11:49]  The region you have entered is running a different simulator version. Click this message for details.
[11:49]  Tiffany Sicling: meetings are normally in the Learning Center
[11:49]  Tiffany Sicling: This is the lab area here
[11:49]  Andreas mueller: id read the signs :) nice idea
[11:50]  Tiffany Sicling: looks like more are showing up :)
[11:50]  eaglefx Binder: GooooooooooooooooooooooD Evening
[11:50]  eaglefx Binder: ;)
[11:51]  Richardus Raymaker: good evening.
[11:51]  Tiffany Sicling: hello everybody :)
[11:51]  Andreas mueller: good evening
[11:52]  Stargate HG2 v0.14 w/lit chevrons Full Perm: Systems Operational.
[11:52]  Andreas mueller: mono 2.4 seam to lower cpu load on idle
[11:53]  Tiffany Sicling: there was issues with scripts, so I went around reducing scripts as much as I could
[11:53]  Tiffany Sicling: xytext was eating up lots
[11:54]  Richardus Raymaker: hi kidd
[11:54]  Tiffany Sicling: each xytext panel was 10 scripts
[11:54]  kidd piko: hello Richardus
[11:54]  kidd piko: how are you doing today ??
[11:54]  Richardus Raymaker: not bad. :)
[11:55]  eaglefx Binder: Hi Kidd
[11:55]  Tiffany Sicling: The meeting starts in 5 minutes
[11:55]  eaglefx Binder: what did you mean by i needed to restart my sims?
[11:55]  kidd piko: hiya Eagle
[11:55]  eaglefx Binder: yeps
[11:56]  eaglefx Binder: does everyone comes in Warin also?
[11:56]  Tiffany Sicling: First will be status and updates
[11:56]  kidd piko: i was on College & Villiage and they were very slow
[11:56]  eaglefx Binder: ah might be boy playing WoW ;))
[11:56]  Richardus Raymaker: oh boy
[11:56]  eaglefx Binder: Warin comes now too
[11:57]  Tiffany Sicling: Greetings Warin !
[11:57]  Warin Cascabel: Hello, all.
[11:57]  eaglefx Binder: Very Welcome Mister Warin ;)
[11:57]  Andreas mueller: hi warin
[11:57]  kidd piko: hey Warin
[11:57]  eaglefx Binder: are you the Speaker Tiffany?
[11:57]  eaglefx Binder: ;)
[11:58]  Tiffany Sicling: For now, but I will be passing it off to others too so we all can take the floor :)
[11:58]  eaglefx Binder: Ouch
[11:58]  Tiffany Sicling: then I can sit in a cozy seat for a change :)
[11:58]  eaglefx Binder: lol
[11:58]  Tiffany Sicling: 1 minute, 10 seconds
[11:58]  eaglefx Binder: ok kidd is on then after you .. lOL
[11:58]  eaglefx Binder: hehe
[11:59]  Tiffany Sicling: I know you are just begging to come up here, eagle :P
[11:59]  eaglefx Binder: LOL
[11:59]  eaglefx Binder: Nooooooooooooo
[11:59]  Tiffany Sicling: 30 secs
[11:59]  eaglefx Binder P
[11:59]  Richardus Raymaker: please fasten your seat belts.
[12:00]  Tiffany Sicling: I took the xytext boards down do reduce lag and script engine has a cold
[12:00]  Tiffany Sicling: Meeting started.
[12:00]  Tiffany Sicling: First of all, I want to open with progress and updates.
[12:00]  eaglefx Binder: appluse
[12:00]  Tiffany Sicling: kidd has been working on the scripts, and if I am not mistaken, she has a routing protocol functioning, am I right ?
[12:01]  Tiffany Sicling: kidd
[12:01]  eaglefx Binder: she is not in the route right now ;)
[12:01]  kidd piko: no, not routing this week
[12:01]  eaglefx Binder: ;)
[12:01]  Tiffany Sicling: it would see so
[12:01]  Tiffany Sicling: ok thanks for clarifying that for me :)
[12:02]  kidd piko: the first stages for routing have been done
[12:02]  Tiffany Sicling: Routing will be in progress soon then :)
[12:02]  eaglefx Binder: Routing like?
[12:02]  Tiffany Sicling: Here's what routing will do for us:
[12:03]  Tiffany Sicling: a stargate is on a non-HG region, but the user wants to go to an HG region outside the current grid they are in.
[12:03]  Tiffany Sicling: they select the destination, and they are routed to a HUB location (like Nibiru and Nibiru II) and then sent on to their destination. There will be a 15 second layover delay
[12:04]  Tiffany Sicling: I am eager to see that in operation, that will be so cool!
[12:04]  Richardus Raymaker: safes some relogs to
[12:04]  Andreas mueller: sounds nice
[12:05]  Richardus Raymaker: if routeing can fix the problems with sims to far away
[12:05]  Tiffany Sicling: Updates to Nibiru. I have been doing some cleanup and optimizing with scripting and issues with the big gate.
[12:05]  kidd piko: yes, final goal with routing is that people should be able to TP from a non-HG region on Grid A to a different non-HG region on Grid B
[12:05]  Tiffany Sicling: Signs are being put up. Any suggestions for signs, please let me know :)
[12:06]  Tiffany Sicling: This gate behind me is a possible upcoming release that will be all linked together with kidd's scripts inside.
[12:08]  Tiffany Sicling: What I am hoping for this, is that instead of releasing a whole gate each time, just give a script update the owners and have them replace it inside. I am not sure about an update object since we're dealing with separate grids/SAs (StandAlones) that may not work with it.
[12:09]  Andreas mueller: what if all gates use a sql database
[12:09]  Warin Cascabel: If the update-script-with-PIN function is working, we can simply distribute update packages that can be rezzed in the same region as the gate.
[12:09]  Tiffany Sicling: I invite kidd to come up and share her ideas with her views on the goals for the gates. The big Stargate is still in research and development, but is pointed towards being a grid 2 grid gateway.
[12:10]  kidd piko: sure, Tiffany ...
[12:10]  Tiffany Sicling: you're right Warin !
[12:10]  kidd piko: but first I would like to hear more about what Warin is saying
[12:10]  kidd piko: can you bring the rest of us up to speed Warin?
[12:10]  Tiffany Sicling: okay, I give the floor to warin :)
[12:10]  Warin Cascabel: There's a pair of functions - I forget their names at the moment, but they're easy enough to search for on lslwiki.net, as they both have 'PIN' in the function names
[12:11]  Warin Cascabel: One of them sets a PIN on the prim containing scripts
[12:11]  Warin Cascabel: And the other one can be used to update the scripts in a prim, as long as it passes the correct PIN for the prim.
[12:12]  Warin Cascabel: Now, if the database contains the UUID of the gate itself, it's a trivial thing to just have the updater talk to the database, get the UUIDs of any gates in the region, and then call the function to replace the existing scripts with updated versions.
[12:12]  kidd piko: teh UUID are storing in the DB upon rezzing of the gate
[12:12]  Tiffany Sicling: Does this mean it could be possible to update them all by network ?
[12:12]  Warin Cascabel: llSetRemoteScriptAccessPin() and llRemoteLoadScriptPin() are the functions.
[12:13]  Warin Cascabel: Alas, no; the object which updates them needs to have the new scripts in inventory, and be present in the same region.
[12:13]  Warin Cascabel: Now, if we had an osMakeScript() function, we could do it all automatically - but that would be a HUGE security hole, and I'm sure it'd never be allowed into core
[12:13]  Warin Cascabel: BUT it might be possible to write a MRM to do that...
[12:13]  Tiffany Sicling: so we could offer an update object to the gate owners, whom all they have to do is rez it near the gate and it will update the gate script(s)
[12:13]  Warin Cascabel: Correct.
[12:13]  eaglefx Binder: great
[12:13]  kidd piko: so Warin, my understanding of llRemoteLoadScriptPin() is that one prim updates a script in a second prim and both prims need to be in the same region
[12:14]  kidd piko: is that correct?
[12:14]  Warin Cascabel: Correct.
[12:14]  Warin Cascabel: And the updater needs to know the UUID of the prim to update, and the PIN of the prim.
[12:14]  kidd piko: taht's not a problem at all
[12:14]  Warin Cascabel: Exactly. :)
[12:15]  kidd piko: so how does the Updater get the script to then update the second prim with it??
[12:15]  Warin Cascabel: Well, there's the rub.
[12:15]  Richardus Raymaker: i hope we can handle more then 25 groups here. lol.
[12:15]  Tiffany Sicling: Excellent, so we could release a cool shell and not to worry about having to distro them over and over :)
[12:15]  Warin Cascabel: When there's an update available, we could send out announcements to the stargate owners, let them pick up an updater
[12:15]  Warin Cascabel: but let me talk to afrisby and see if he thinks it would be possible to do this with an MRM.
[12:15]  Andreas mueller: may i ask a question?
[12:15]  Warin Cascabel: Sure, Andreas.
[12:16]  Tiffany Sicling: how about a line in the gate hover text that says "Update available"
[12:16]  Warin Cascabel: I'm allergic to hovertext, but as long as we made that configurable on/off, sure. :)
[12:16]  Andreas mueller: why do not all the gates get their updated information once a day from a sql database
[12:16]  Warin Cascabel: They can, but scripts are a bit different.
[12:16]  Andreas mueller: so no update needet even if theres a new code
[12:17]  Warin Cascabel: If we needed to change the scripts themselves (i.e. the functionality that they perform), that would require an update of the sort we're talking about.
[12:17]  Tiffany Sicling: or have it send llOwnerSay("Updates are available");
[12:17]  Andreas mueller: for the main scripts
[12:17]  Andreas mueller: but not for the grids information right?
[12:17]  Warin Cascabel: The gate codes are dynamic and not hardcoded into the scripts, so no updates would be required for those kinds of changes.
[12:17]  Warin Cascabel: Correct.
[12:18]  Tiffany Sicling: the grids and region information is dynamic, pulled from the DB
[12:18]  Tiffany Sicling: DB server
[12:18]  Andreas mueller: that sounds good
[12:18]  Warin Cascabel: llOwnerSay(), or llInstantMessage() would actually be better, since the owner wouldn't need to be in the same region as the gate.
[12:18]  Tiffany Sicling: yes, that's true, llInstantMessage sounds better
[12:19]  kidd piko: so that main advantage that we would gain using this technique is that they Gate owner would not need to open/edit the gate .....
[12:19]  kidd piko: but they WOULD need to ...
[12:19]  kidd piko: come put up an Updater every time there was an update ??
[12:19]  Tiffany Sicling: rez an update prim that would update the gate
[12:19]  Warin Cascabel: Pretty much, yes.
[12:20]  Tiffany Sicling: how well is it that an av can go to another grid, take a copy of a prim (with scripts), and take it back to their own grid/SA ?
[12:20]  Warin Cascabel: Unless we can work out an MRM that could read the text of a new script out of the Web site or database, and then replace the existing script with that.
[12:20]  kidd piko: there is no eval() in lsl is there?
[12:20]  Warin Cascabel: No.
[12:21]  kidd piko: i'm a just a little leary about MRM because it would require the gate owner to change their sim beyond just a few changes in the .ini
[12:21]  Warin Cascabel: How so?
[12:22]  kidd piko: wait ...
[12:22]  Richardus Raymaker: i think a updater box is more easy and safe
[12:22]  eaglefx Binder: brb in 30 sec
[12:22]  kidd piko: i think i am getting my MRM confused
[12:22]  Tiffany Sicling: ok eaglefx
[12:22]  Warin Cascabel: Basically, an MRM is a C# script, which is dropped into a prim. It only runs if it's owned by the region's master avatar
[12:22]  Warin Cascabel: The only out-world change is to enable them in the OpenSim.ini
[12:23]  Andreas mueller: wait
[12:23]  Andreas mueller: another idea
[12:23]  kidd piko: ok, ok, ok .... yes. that does sound very good
[12:23]  Tiffany Sicling: but remember, some users may be noobs or have hardly any knowledge to do that
[12:23]  Andreas mueller: what if theres a master script just for getting data from a database ... is this able to update all including scripts?
[12:23]  kidd piko: MRM is just a rpim like the Gate is a prim
[12:24]  Warin Cascabel: Unfortunately, Andreas, there's no way to update a script other than (a) manually, or (b) llRemoteLoadScriptPin().
[12:24]  Warin Cascabel: MRM is a script in a prim.
[12:25]  Andreas mueller: ok :) i am no scripter so just try to give some ideas
[12:25]  kidd piko: ok, so you are wonding if an MRM could be generate a script and then get the scriptt into the gate
[12:25]  kidd piko: *wondering
[12:26]  Warin Cascabel: Right. Basically, an MRM has the capability to do anything the actual OpenSim codebase can do
[12:26]  Warin Cascabel: which would include directly modifying the contents of an object
[12:26]  Warin Cascabel: or, hopefully, build a brand-new script in any object.
[12:27]  Warin Cascabel: Something that isn't even remotely possible with LSL - basically read the new text out of the database, or from a Web page, and then replace the script in the gate with the new one.
[12:27]  kidd piko: yes, i really like that idea
[12:27]  Tiffany Sicling: That sounds like some R&D on that to see what that can do
[12:27]  Richardus Raymaker: sounds dangerous to
[12:27]  Warin Cascabel: I will contact afrisby and see if that's feasible (MRM is still under development, so it may not be possible yet).
[12:28]  Warin Cascabel: MRMs can be dangerous, which is why they will ONLY run if they're owned by the region master avatar
[12:28]  Warin Cascabel: There are no controls or limits on what they can do, because they assume that the writer knows what he or she is doing.
[12:28]  eaglefx Binder: Ok
[12:28]  kidd piko: excellent
[12:29]  kidd piko: please keep us informed with what you hear from afrisby
[12:29]  Warin Cascabel: Will do.
[12:29]  eaglefx Binder: great, so is that covered, all of it?
[12:30]  kidd piko: no
[12:30]  kidd piko: i know i at least need to give an update
[12:30]  kidd piko: and there was one more thing that i wanted to mention about the MRM
[12:30]  eaglefx Binder: okay u better get up on the floor ;)
[12:31]  Tiffany Sicling: What kind of goals can we set for the update agenda ? Or at least a direction to go towards.
[12:31]  kidd piko: ok, Mr. Eagle
[12:31]  kidd piko: the non-HG regions will have less functionality thatn the main HG-Hub Region Gates
[12:32]  kidd piko: our goal is to have Rezz&Ready Gates for the non-HG regions
[12:32]  kidd piko: but for the HG-Hub Regoins/Gates, they will be required to meet certain settings and configuration requirements
[12:33]  kidd piko: so, i really don't see any issues with adding the requirements neccessary to be MRM ready
[12:33]  kidd piko: the HG-Hub regions are the ones that will most likely be getting most of the updates
[12:34]  eaglefx Binder: ok
[12:34]  Linda Lightfoot is Offline
[12:34]  kidd piko: in the meantime .. since we don;t have auto-script updates in place yet
[12:35]  kidd piko: I have a new script for the gates to distributes tonight
[12:35]  kidd piko: jsut a second ...
[12:35]  eaglefx Binder: ok but we cant change those, if we are to keep the ownerships and no modify
[12:36]  Tiffany Sicling: scripts can be given with no nod on it
[12:36]  Tiffany Sicling: the gates themselves should be full perm
[12:36]  eaglefx Binder: yes but i mean, can it htne goto the Prim gate, with no prob?
[12:37]  eaglefx Binder: Ok, we need change those then, mine is no mod
[12:37]  Tiffany Sicling: if the gate is full perm, and the script is not, you can still delete the script and replace it with another
[12:37]  eaglefx Binder: Ok great
[12:38]  Richardus Raymaker: its not pssible to have a invisible object with the whole HG script stuff that can be linked to the HG portal or something else ?
[12:38]  Richardus Raymaker: as long your region owner
[12:38]  Warin Cascabel: Actually, that's something I wanted to bring up, but I can wait until later.
[12:39]  kidd piko: Richardus, do you have a gate on your regions yet?
[12:39]  Andreas mueller: brb
[12:39]  Richardus Raymaker: not this one here. i can plae on on test VPS and one in my regions here. i now use eagles version
[12:40]  Richardus Raymaker: test vpps (default island) seems stable
[12:40]  kidd piko: ok, then we will need to set you up with both a gate and script together after the meeting
[12:40]  Richardus Raymaker: ok.
[12:40]  Tiffany Sicling: I would like to recommend some testing on this. Example. Make a prim and put some "hello Avatar" script in it. test giving this prim on other regions and see if they are transferrable and do it both ways with like, prim a and prim b.
[12:40]  kidd piko gave you Hyper/Local Grid Stargate Menu w/popular & busy v0.6a.
[12:41]  kidd piko: i think the same goes for Andreas
[12:41]  Richardus Raymaker: it works fine with chairs.
[12:42]  Tiffany Sicling: can we offer a update vendor that others come to get an update prim and take it and rez it on their grid/SA and it works ?
[12:42]  kidd piko: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/HyperGrid_Team/Current_Projects/HyperGrid_Stargate
[12:42]  eaglefx Binder: okay another thing we should work on is a box with the stuff inside, so we cna give it to other grid peple with the instruction
[12:42]  Warin Cascabel: As long as inventory works okay across gride, Tiffany, yes, we can do that.
[12:42]  kidd piko: I haven't had much time to flesh that out, but iwe will be able to keep the version organised
[12:43]  kidd piko: yes, Eagle that was the next thing that i wanted to speak about
[12:43]  Tiffany Sicling: a few weeks ago, I went to grid4us and grabbed a copy of his HG building.
[12:43]  eaglefx Binder: ok, as far as we gor some days ago we now have a logo even
[12:43]  Tiffany Sicling: everything came across but the scripts inside did not, and console complained about UUIDs for the scripts that did not exist.
[12:43]  Warin Cascabel: Ah. That would be a problem, then,.
[12:44]  kidd piko: Tiffany ...
[12:44]  Richardus Raymaker: so. then use uuid's in scipts if you dont send the object with the packadge
[12:44]  Tiffany Sicling: but I can rez a box there on grid4us, and the owner can take it, scripts intact.
[12:44]  kidd piko: there are ways to make your Hg region a little less secure by normal standards...
[12:44]  kidd piko: if you do that, then i beleive that everything will transfer from grid -to-grid
[12:45]  kidd piko: even scripts, etc..
[12:46]  Tiffany Sicling: if worst came to worst, we could make a bot that would, at request, go to another grid and drop an update box.
[12:46]  kidd piko: update box .. like the MRM ??
[12:46]  Tiffany Sicling: no, like an avatar bot
[12:46]  Tiffany Sicling: but that would be a PITA I think
[12:47]  BlueWall Slade is Offline
[12:48]  eaglefx Binder: .
[12:48]  Tiffany Sicling: So I think that we can put some agendas up for this next week.
[12:49]  Tiffany Sicling: grid 2 grid testing of prims and scripts.
[12:49]  eaglefx Binder: a round table for this would be great so we do not sit this far ;)
[12:49]  Tiffany Sicling: good idea eagle
[12:49]  eaglefx Binder: it is like we are unfriends all of us .. LOL
[12:49]  Richardus Raymaker: and good to hide if something wrong come sout of the gate
[12:49]  Andreas mueller: back
[12:50]  Tiffany Sicling: web Andreas
[12:50]  Tiffany Sicling: wb
[12:50]  Andreas mueller: ty
[12:50]  kidd piko: just one more note, please be thinking about how we are going to spead the Gate to other grids. even after we work out the details with the box/packaged Gate to give them, we still have to make contact with peopel in the other Gates to get them on board
[12:51]  eaglefx Binder: okay ... i guess we need to go on then?
[12:51]  Richardus Raymaker: Is nebadon still haveing the land in sl ? maby 1 good place ?
[12:51]  Tiffany Sicling: Agreed, kidd. I have a couple grids to talk with, they are now HG enabled.
[12:51]  Tiffany Sicling: Speaking of nebadon...
[12:51]  Tiffany Sicling: I talked with him way early this morning (CST)
[12:52]  eaglefx Binder: ok
[12:52]  Andreas mueller: a suggestion
[12:53]  Tiffany Sicling: He said it looks like there will be room to put a gate on Lbsa Plaza. That he has considered the idea, and we spoke briefly. I will find out further details later this week.
[12:53]  Andreas mueller: i am sure most of the grid owner want hypergates cause they want traffic
[12:53]  eaglefx Binder: okay cool
[12:53]  Warin Cascabel: And Lbsa is already pyramid-themed. :)
[12:54]  kidd piko: right, but we need to make contact and introduce them to the possibilities of increasing traffic with the Gates
[12:54]  eaglefx Binder: there has always been a dummy gate on WP, is that removed now, or why not replace that with a live one ;)
[12:54]  Richardus Raymaker: and atm the biggest welcome area, sofar i see.
[12:54]  Tiffany Sicling: The routing would give the plaza's the ability to use HG, but not have their regions HG enabled. That is a PLUS for them.
[12:54]  kidd piko: ok, so can we go over our assignments for the next week
[12:55]  Tiffany Sicling: They get a lot of traffic, so keeping the lag down is a major concern for them.
[12:55]  kidd piko: i know that i need to add Monitoring & routing functionality to the gates
[12:55]  eaglefx Binder: yes sure, i will paste the agenda as it was from last but a little modified
[12:55]  eaglefx Binder: 1. Prev. Updates!
2. Stargate progress - new release
3. Expanding Network - did we expand
4. Testing Results - how is peoples expirences?
[12:56]  eaglefx Binder: so i guess we covered nr. 2
[12:56]  kidd piko: well, i definately got some useful feedback from the tests
[12:56]  kidd piko: #4
[12:56]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: greetings all
[12:56]  Warin Cascabel: Hello, Bruce
[12:56]  eaglefx Binder: Hi Bruce
[12:57]  Andreas mueller: hi bruce
[12:57]  Tiffany Sicling: welcome, Bruce :)
[12:57]  kidd piko: hello Bruce
[12:57]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: hya all :-)
[12:57]  kidd piko: glad you could make it :)
[12:57]  Richardus Raymaker: kidd, not sure. but it looks like i have HG disabledin my osgrid region
[12:57]  eaglefx Binder: i have been testing back and forth with HG's and gto a bit trouble with rights e.t.c. but it seems like the DB got updated properly
[12:58]  kidd piko: that's alright Richardus, we need just as much testing from non-HG regions
[12:58]  Richardus Raymaker: but on my vpsit must work
[12:58]  Richardus Raymaker: nice.
[12:59]  eaglefx Binder: i remember you bruce said your entries was gone in the DB did that get solved?
[12:59]  kidd piko: Andreas do you have a region here in OSG??
[12:59]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: No problem with DB just OS crashing after 2 days on win 2003 server
[13:00]  Andreas mueller: well i can set up one for you
[13:00]  eaglefx Binder: ok ;)
[13:00]  Andreas mueller: hg enabled ?
[13:00]  eaglefx Binder: oh no not me i have several
[13:00]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: One quick question, am I fully rezed or all grey ?
[13:00]  eaglefx Binder: rezzed
[13:00]  Tiffany Sicling: excuse me, RL issue, brb
[13:00]  Andreas mueller: grayblack
[13:00]  kidd piko: no, that's alright Andreas, i was just wondering
[13:01]  Richardus Raymaker: white
[13:01]  Andreas mueller: because of?
[13:01]  eaglefx Binder: yes white now
[13:01]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: mmh
[13:01]  Richardus Raymaker: did you try to reattach clothes ?
[13:01]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: well each of you look fully rezzed to me
[13:02]  eaglefx Binder: try to rebake
[13:02]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: but I think I'm the only Hypergridnaute
[13:02]  eaglefx Binder: yes
[13:02]  Andreas mueller: yes cause nibiru II dont work :)
[13:02]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: oh
[13:02]  Tiffany Sicling: bak
[13:02]  eaglefx Binder: wb
[13:02]  Andreas mueller: wb
[13:02]  kidd piko: i think that may be another HG security setting taht might solve that rezzing issue
[13:03]  eaglefx Binder: i did a mantis and Diva updated after 9225, cuz of rezz problems
[13:03]  Richardus Raymaker: my 9230 have rezz problems to with 9249 it seems fine.
[13:04]  Richardus Raymaker: at least my inventory loads normal again
[13:04]  eaglefx Binder: okay, yes well she quickly closed it again ;))
[13:04]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: great so I will have to get r9225
[13:04]  eaglefx Binder: i didnt even get to comment .... lol
[13:05]  eaglefx Binder: yes u can try but it should be good after that rev
[13:05]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: grr I meant to say greater than r 9225 lol
[13:05]  Tiffany Sicling: hi gate.
[13:05]  eaglefx Binder: ok we proceed?
[13:05]  Tiffany Sicling: it doesn't talk yet.
[13:05]  eaglefx Binder: LOL
[13:05]  kidd piko: :)
[13:06]  eaglefx Binder: did you put in some easter eggs?
[13:06]  Tiffany Sicling: but this is a gate that I am naming RC1... however.
[13:06]  eaglefx Binder: ;))
[13:06]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: it only wispers in your ear, I guess
[13:06]  eaglefx Binder: heh
[13:06]  Tiffany Sicling: the 2 prim gates for testing.... are just test prims, and we will still use those for testing.
[13:07]  Tiffany Sicling: so far, there are 3 types of gates. the simple 2-prim, this one, and the large animated gate.
[13:07]  eaglefx Binder: the naming in the menu us much better
[13:07]  eaglefx Binder: is
[13:08]  Tiffany Sicling: the question is, which gates do we want for A. non-HG regions B. HG regions, C. Grid HG gateways/hubs
[13:09]  Tiffany Sicling: or a combination into one gate
[13:09]  Richardus Raymaker: where's the simple prim one ?
[13:09]  Tiffany Sicling: let me rez one
[13:09]  eaglefx Binder: yes keep it simple maybe!
[13:09]  Richardus Raymaker: lets first look how the look
[13:09]  Tiffany Sicling: There is a lab here with prototypes in it
[13:09]  eaglefx Binder: okayes
[13:10]  Tiffany Sicling: we can go there after the meeting here and look and talk about these there, much easier
[13:10]  eaglefx Binder: ok great
[13:10]  Warin Cascabel: Can I speak up on this issue?
[13:10]  Tiffany Sicling: yes you can, please :)
[13:10]  eaglefx Binder: yep
[13:10]  Stargate HG2 v0.15 RC1: Preparing HyperGrid Teleport to: vimana.dyndns.org:9000
[13:11]  Warin Cascabel: I'd like to propose that all the gates be written with a common API, and that the scripts be written in a modular fashion.
[13:11]  Warin Cascabel: That way, a region owner can choose whatever gate he or she wants, and they'll all work the same
[13:11]  Warin Cascabel: If they want low-prim, they can use that one for any purpose, and if their region won't barf on the big one, they can use that one if they prefer.
[13:11]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: I think that is a great idea
[13:11]  kidd piko: (snap)
[13:11]  Andreas mueller: maybe not all grid owners want a stagate
[13:12]  Andreas mueller: stargate
[13:12]  Warin Cascabel: And by writing the scripts modularly, we could use different paradigms - if they don't even want a Stargate, but just a giant door, they could use that too.
[13:12]  Richardus Raymaker: its nice to make your own gate design yes
[13:12]  Tiffany Sicling: True, some grid owners may not want any of these gates here.
[13:12]  Richardus Raymaker: let me guess. a dr. who stargate. :P
[13:12]  Andreas mueller: id would preffer a terminal look like
[13:12]  Warin Cascabel: And rather than a megalithic script which does everything, break it into discrete units which perform specific functions, so that if someone wants the DHD to do the controlling, they can - but if they just want a Stargate to do everything, they can do that too.
[13:13]  eaglefx Binder: okay that sounds functionaæ
[13:13]  eaglefx Binder: l
[13:13]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: I think Warin's proposal is good
[13:13]  Tiffany Sicling: Andreas, you're right. a grid might have an HG region that is based on western wild west, with cowboys and indians.
[13:13]  kidd piko: Warin, so far we have planned on having one script that is configurable via Notecard
[13:14]  Tiffany Sicling: a stargate would be out of place on that
[13:14]  Andreas mueller: yes i guess too
[13:15]  kidd piko: is that along the lines of what you are thinking in terms of API ??
[13:15]  kidd piko whispers: or at least part of it
[13:15]  kidd piko: ?
[13:15]  Tiffany Sicling: really, though, the prims don't make the HyperGrid work, they are just for show. So yes, I think a telephone booth, a Terminal, a Stargate, a door on a boat, etc. all could be possible.
[13:15]  Warin Cascabel: Well, for example, in my gate, I've got a Chevron/Glyph controller script, and an interface script.
[13:15]  Warin Cascabel: The interface script could easily be replaced by something that talks to your script, so that rather than chat comands, it uses a menu connected to the database.
[13:16]  Warin Cascabel: Or it could be replaced by something which talks to the DHD, which might have the actual database interface script in it
[13:16]  Warin Cascabel: but the chevron/glyph controller remains unchanged.
[13:16]  Warin Cascabel: Now, there are benefits and drawbacks to that method
[13:16]  Tiffany Sicling: the actual TP script could be in a box hidden behind a bush or chair. Have the interface object send/receive commands to the actual TP script to do the work.
[13:16]  Warin Cascabel: The most obvious benefit is that it's a lot more flexible.
[13:17]  Warin Cascabel: The most obvious drawback is that another script has to be in the object.
[13:17]  Warin Cascabel: But if I were to get off my ass and finish my SGC build, I'd want the dialing computers in the control room to be the interface.
[13:17]  Warin Cascabel: Rather than having to go down and touch the Stargate to bring up a menu.
[13:17]  Richardus Raymaker: cool
[13:18]  Tiffany Sicling: that could open up the possibility of a HUD that could also interface to the script
[13:18]  Warin Cascabel: So a minimal script in the Stargate would listen for comands from the dialing computer, which would interface with your script to pull the list of destinations.
[13:18]  eaglefx Binder: yes we have talked about HUD as well
[13:18]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: list of destination from notecard ?
[13:19]  Warin Cascabel: No, from the offworld database.
[13:19]  Tiffany Sicling: it works like a notecard, but reads from a php script instead
[13:19]  Warin Cascabel: Currently, my example script uses a notecard for destinations, but that's only for demonstration purposes.
[13:19]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: understood
[13:20]  eaglefx Binder: the inworld browser could also be of some use to make listings from the DB, to show more destinations
[13:20]  Tiffany Sicling: Now that I am thinking aboutit....
[13:20]  Tiffany Sicling: what if someone wants to put together a star trek theme on their HG sim ?
[13:20]  Warin Cascabel: And by having a common API for each type of script, different versions could be written for different situations, and they would all function seamlessly.
[13:20]  Tiffany Sicling: they would rather use a transporter
[13:21]  eaglefx Binder: yes
[13:21]  Warin Cascabel: (e.g. put everything into the gate, put the controller and database interface into a DHD, etc. etc.)
[13:21]  kidd piko: ok.... Warin .. in real terms, what do you see the "Interface" of the API looking like???
[13:23]  Warin Cascabel: Well, primarily a link message implementation, with specific numbers for the integer parameter indicating what function to perform
[13:23]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: sorry I missed a couple of meetings but where would the off-world DB be located ?
[13:23]  kidd piko: http://basekix.rollin.com
[13:23]  Warin Cascabel: And for scripts that are in separate objects, a minimal chat or osMessageObject() interface to convert the link messages into chat, and vice versa.
[13:24]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: thanks kidd
[13:24]  Warin Cascabel: If you'd like, I can go get the most recent version of my gate, which has the two main scripts fully commented, so you can see an example of how I implemented it there.
[13:24]  eaglefx Binder: i tried to make this list like it came from the DB, would give a good overview on click
[13:24]  eaglefx Binder: http://sunredbeach.com/opensim/hgs.html
[13:25]  Tiffany Sicling: Menu/DB Prim: Hey TP unit, please activate destination destination_region, landing_point, lookat and let me know when they transport.
[13:25]  Tiffany Sicling: somethng like that ?
[13:25]  kidd piko: Warin, 2 questions ...
[13:25]  kidd piko: which functions did you have in mind?
[13:26]  Warin Cascabel: Yes, Tiffany, pretty much.
[13:26]  kidd piko: "primarily a link message implementation, with specific numbers for the integer parameter indicating what function to perform"
[13:26]  Tiffany Sicling: Menu/DB: timeout, please reset yourself.
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: Well, for example, here's the definitions for the comands from the controller script to the dialing script:
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: integer DIAL_STRING = 1001; // param1 contains 7-9 characters in the glyph "alphabet", a vertical bar, and a destination
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel:  (in the form region|x|y|z|lookatx|lookaty|lookatz)
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: integer SHUTDOWN_GATE = 1002; // Shut down the gate (delete event horizon; turn off chevrons)
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: integer INCOMING_MSG = 1003; // Incoming wormhole; turn on all chevrons and open the event horizon
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: integer QUICK_DIAL = 1004; // Like DIAL_STRING, only it simply creates the wormhole (no glyph/chevron action)
[13:27]  Warin Cascabel: integer OPEN_LAST_DEST = 1005; // Immediately opens wormhole to previous destination
[13:28]  Warin Cascabel: integer GET_EXIT_POINT = 1006; // Calculate the exit point (1m in front of center opening)
[13:28]  Warin Cascabel: integer RESET_SCRIPTS = 1007; // Reset all scripts in Stargate
[13:28]  Warin Cascabel: The controller script sends link messages with those numbers in the integer parameter, and any accompanying data in the string and/or key parameters.
[13:29]  Warin Cascabel: And then the dialing string, if necessary, sends data back via link messages, in the range 2001-2005 (currently) to indicate what type of message it's sending back.
[13:29]  Warin Cascabel: Now, if I wanted the controller in a DHD instead, I'd just have a script in each object which would translate link messages to chat messages, and vice-versa, so the scripts could still talk to each other.
[13:30]  Warin Cascabel: And what I'm envisioning, is instead of the controller reading data from a notecard, being able to talk to a database interface which retrieves the data and sends it to the controller
[13:30]  kidd piko: ok, i follow
[13:30]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: will all this messaging work outside OSGrid, like in a standalone grid ?
[13:30]  Warin Cascabel: which then implements its interface... well, however: dialogs, "touch screens" using dynamic text, opens up a Web page which will send back data via XML-RPC, etc.
[13:30]  Richardus Raymaker: brb
[13:30]  Warin Cascabel: Yes, Bruce, it should.
[13:31]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: great
[13:31]  kidd piko: very nice
[13:31]  kidd piko: i read you load and clear
[13:31]  Warin Cascabel: OK
[13:32]  Tiffany Sicling: This is the nicest gate I've ever seen in SL/OS :)
[13:32]  Warin Cascabel: Just a proposal, mind you - but I think it would make for maximum flexibility.
[13:32]  Warin Cascabel: Thanks, Tiffany. :)
[13:32]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: It is the best gate lol
[13:33]  Warin Cascabel: Also, then just the database portions can be locked away/obfuscated/whatever, while still permitting the control interface, etc. to be modified the owner.
[13:33]  Tiffany Sicling: But whether the target HG device is a gate or not, it would be cool to have some kind of API that would make utilizing the menu/DB controller work with it.
[13:33]  kidd piko: ok, as far as messaging, what llFunction did you have in mind?
[13:34]  kidd piko: or osFunction
[13:34]  Warin Cascabel: Well, use llLinkMessage() for internal messages.
[13:35]  Warin Cascabel: osMessageObject() is more efficient and secure for object-to-object communication, but it requires enabling it in OpenSim.exe. Standard chat, like llSay() would work too (that's what the current implementation of my gate uses to communicate with the event horizon)
[13:35]  Tiffany Sicling: osMessageObject() seems to have a queue
[13:36]  Warin Cascabel: Yes - and if you message a rezzed object before its script has compiled, it gets the message once it does compile.
[13:36]  Warin Cascabel: Which is NOT the case with chat.
[13:36]  Warin Cascabel: But, easy enough to provide both kinds of scripts.
[13:37]  Warin Cascabel: The drawback of each is that they need to know how to talk to the other - the other object's UUID in the case of osMessageObject(), or the channel to communicate on in the case of chat (which you would want to be fairly random for each gate to eliminate crosstalk if you have two in the same location).
[13:37]  kidd piko: at least the core function would need to be Rezz&Ready ... with minimal (if any) special settings
[13:38]  Warin Cascabel: I agree.
[13:38]  kidd piko: so that would mean llSay for core functionality
[13:38]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: yep
[13:39]  Warin Cascabel: Right. And easy enough to write a "registration" function so that the objects can negotiate a channel to communicate upon.
[13:39]  kidd piko: ok, so Warin, you have already coder you gate for llSay, correct?
[13:39]  Warin Cascabel: Correct.
[13:39]  BlueWall Slade is Offline
[13:39]  Tiffany Sicling: I have already been asked questions, "Can I have just a standard gate for within my grid for region to region transport? Something not on the network? Just a point to point one destination like you have between Dradis and Nibiru?
[13:40]  Tiffany Sicling: but also praised for the networked gates too
[13:40]  Warin Cascabel: Tiffany: should be easy enough to make the controller script work local-only if desired.
[13:40]  kidd piko: ok, if we were going to move forwad with this, i would say that the first thing that we would need to do is determine what functionality in your gate is considered the core functionality (related to HG) .. then i can write the interfaces from my end
[13:40]  Warin Cascabel: OK.
[13:40]  Richardus Raymaker: b
[13:41]  Warin Cascabel: I'll write up a description of a potential implementation, and we can hash out the particulars.
[13:41]  eaglefx Binder: okay great, we have 2 new things
[13:41]  eaglefx Binder: Andreas as joined the Team, welcome Andreas
[13:41]  kidd piko: sounds good Warin. looking forward to it :)
[13:42]  Warin Cascabel: Welcome, Andreas.
[13:42]  Tiffany Sicling: Andreas is our newest member :)
[13:42]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: Welcome, Andreas
[13:42]  eaglefx Binder: and Andreas has made a cool logo, and a Website which is hosted on http://hypergrids.org
[13:42]  Tiffany Sicling: Glad to have you aboard :)
[13:42]  kidd piko: umm, Bruce, can you help us test the something real quick ??
[13:42]  Andreas mueller: ty :)
[13:42]  Warin Cascabel: Be right back.
[13:42]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: sure kidd
[13:43]  eaglefx Binder: i think we should work towards make a box that we can hand over and rezz the gate in a simple form, to make grids come to DB.
[13:43]  kidd piko: can you add one of your HG regions to the Db via the like that i gave you??
[13:43]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: oh sure no problem
[13:43]  kidd piko: it will be a great test... if it is positive, then we should be able to access your info from this gate immediately
[13:44]  Tiffany Sicling: as far as the gates are concerned...
[13:44]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: scrolling back to find the link
[13:44]  Tiffany Sicling: this gate is not on a permanent hold, but undergoing more tests.
[13:44]  kidd piko: http://basekix.rollin.com
[13:45]  eaglefx Binder: and secondly we (Tiffany) made a HyperGrid Team Group ;) inworld
[13:45]  Tiffany Sicling: this gate is no functionality except the event horizon and menu/DB script.
[13:45]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: found it
[13:45]  eaglefx Binder: u should invite the rest to have the tag
[13:45]  Tiffany Sicling: Warin is in the group and Richard was invited
[13:45]  eaglefx Binder: okis
[13:45]  Tiffany Sicling: did you get your invite, Richardus ?
[13:46]  Richardus Raymaker: i must be in the group to.
[13:46]  Warin Cascabel: Yes, I see Richardus in the list of members.
[13:46]  Tiffany Sicling: I am not sure if Bruce can be invited since he's over on a HG ?
[13:46]  Tiffany Sicling: but I'll try :)
[13:46]  Warin Cascabel: If it fails, at least that's some data to give to mcortez. :)
[13:46]  eaglefx Binder: I created a group too just for he commercial to it, like Hypergrids.org
[13:47]  eaglefx Binder: i might better transfer that to you Andreas ;)
[13:47]  Tiffany Sicling: invitation sent, but it might be sending to his OSG UUID
[13:47]  Andreas mueller: group?
[13:47]  eaglefx Binder: yes
[13:48]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: kidd need some clarification for fields 1 and 4 on that form
[13:48]  Tiffany Sicling: Richardus, did you get an invite ?
[13:48]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: by region you mean one sim on a grid ?
[13:48]  Warin Cascabel: Richardus is already a member, Tiffany
[13:48]  kidd piko: "Short region name" is the name that will show up on the button on the Gate
[13:49]  Richardus Raymaker: for what ? im already in the group from the one you sended at start
[13:49]  Tiffany Sicling: Not in "HyperGrid Team"
[13:49]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: ok the grid is called "Iti Motu Islands" the HG region ppl land is called Motu Aruo
[13:49]  Richardus Raymaker: Hypergrid team
[13:49]  Tiffany Sicling: okay, I did a refresh, he's there :)
[13:49]  Warin Cascabel: I see Richardus listed in Hypergrid Team.
[13:49]  Warin Cascabel: Ah, OK :)
[13:50]  Richardus Raymaker: ok thats group 3. only 22 free. lol
[13:50]  kidd piko: #4 (Prim hover name) is a longer name that people can use a Hover text on a prim
[13:50]  eaglefx Binder: thats one for the webbie as well
[13:50]  Tiffany Sicling: Warin, kidd, Richardus, Andreas, Tiffany and eaglefx are in it
[13:50]  Tiffany Sicling: Bruce has pending invite, I might have to send again
[13:50]  Richardus Raymaker: thats strange. it looks like i lost a group from some other place. maby it comes only back in that region.
[13:51]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: Tiff invite will not work for me
[13:51]  Andreas mueller: yes
[13:51]  Richardus Raymaker: groups are still local sofar i know
[13:51]  Bri Hasp is Offline
[13:52]  Warin Cascabel: If someone's set up groups and pointed it somewhere other than mcortez's server, it won't show up here.
[13:52]  Richardus Raymaker: ok.
[13:52]  Warin Cascabel: BlueWall has been telling people to install the PHP/MySQL components on their own servers, which has the effect of completely fracturing groups
[13:52]  Richardus Raymaker: but.. good point. you not run quick out of groups.
[13:53]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: ok I put "Motu Aruo" (less than 10) in fields 1, 3, and 4 of the form
[13:53]  BlueWall Slade is Offline
[13:53]  Richardus Raymaker: ohh. 100 groups as max.
[13:53]  kidd piko: excellent!!!
[13:53]  kidd piko: test positive
[13:53]  Warin Cascabel: In Hippo, yes. Someone using the official LL client is limited to 25, I believe.
[13:54]  kidd piko: it's in the network now
[13:54]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: good
[13:54]  kidd piko: all of the gates on HG regions now have a link to Motu Arou
[13:54]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: hope it will not crash the server lol
[13:54]  kidd piko: heheee
[13:55]  Tiffany Sicling: RL thing here, I gotta run, but Iwill be on later this evening
[13:55]  Tiffany Sicling: Please take a look at the example gates in the R&D lab
[13:55]  eaglefx Binder: okay drive safe ;)
[13:55]  Richardus Raymaker: bye tiffany..
[13:55]  Andreas mueller: bye
[13:55]  Tiffany Sicling: thanks all :)
[13:55]  Richardus Raymaker: i need to install something with kidd
[13:55]  kidd piko: take care !! ttyl
[13:55]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: now the test is to see if you guys from OSGrid can TP to Motu Aruo using the gate and then back the other way
[13:55]  Tiffany Sicling is Offline
[13:55]  eaglefx Binder: Ok
[13:56]  kidd piko: jsut a second ....
[13:56]  kidd piko: i want to point one more thing out .....
[13:56]  kidd piko: if you look in the menu, you will see that there is a Busy choice
[13:56]  eaglefx Binder: okay great i think we have covered a great deal, anyone have something they dont want posted on the wiki in order of chat log?
[13:57]  kidd piko: busy lists the busiest regions over the past 6 hours
[13:57]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: that is a nice touch kidd
[13:57]  kidd piko: so after Eagle HGs.. then Motu Auro should show up in the Busy list also
[13:57]  Richardus Raymaker: oh:)
[13:58]  eaglefx Binder: heh
[13:58]  kidd piko: you want to give it a try Eagle??
[13:58]  eaglefx Binder: sure
[13:58]  eaglefx Binder: where to?
[13:58]  eaglefx Binder: is it on the gate here
[13:58]  kidd piko: Hypergrid:Maotu Auro
[13:58]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: Motu Aruo
[13:58]  eaglefx Binder: yes ofcause
[13:59]  kidd piko: HyperGrid/All/Motu Auro
[13:59]  robert omegamu is Offline
[13:59]  eaglefx Binder: only thing we didnt really get fixed on is make that bux for new grids/people !
[13:59]  eaglefx Binder: Andreas can you show the logo in here?
[13:59]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: console "Hyperlink request > Sending map imaje jpeg
[13:59]  Andreas mueller: sure
[14:00]  Andreas mueller: just a second
[14:00]  eaglefx Binder: Andreas made a cool logo
[14:00]  eaglefx Binder: and i was thinking we could use that on a Tshirt as well
[14:00]  Richardus Raymaker: wow
[14:00]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: no further HG messages in console
[14:01]  Warin Cascabel: Very nice, Andreas.
[14:01]  eaglefx Binder: say wen ready i wann amake a snapshot
[14:02]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: I also think the picture slider is cool
[14:02]  eaglefx Binder: yes
[14:02]  Andreas mueller: yay thats driving me crazy :)
[14:02]  eaglefx Binder: we need to make the webbie a bit simpler than the joomla is by default tho
[14:02]  Andreas mueller: the shadow box wont work on ie and ff
[14:02]  Andreas mueller: in the brower here it works
[14:02]  eaglefx Binder: it it rezzed now?
[14:03]  Andreas mueller gave you hg3.
[14:03]  Andreas mueller: bruce may it work if i give you the logo?
[14:03]  Bruce.Patton @metaversesims.net:9000: ok sorry RL calling, will be back later today, good meeting, thanks to all, bye bye :-)
[14:04]  Andreas mueller: by bruce
[14:04]  eaglefx Binder: bye fopr now
[14:04]  kidd piko: take it easy, Bruce
[14:04]  eaglefx Binder: Okay great
[14:04]  Richardus Raymaker: bye
[14:04]  eaglefx Binder: ok got it
[14:05]  Andreas mueller: so i clean up :)
[14:05]  eaglefx Binder: so does anyone have skills to make a t-shirt
[14:05]  Andreas mueller: you have the logo with alpha
[14:05]  eaglefx Binder: wit that logo?
[14:05]  Warin Cascabel: Sure, T-shirts are easy.
[14:05]  eaglefx Binder: ok cool
[14:05]  eaglefx Binder: i never did
[14:05]  Richardus Raymaker: a shirts is not difficult if you think easy. :O
[14:06]  Richardus Raymaker: it that i dont have my system ready for it.
[14:06]  Warin Cascabel: What color T-shirt would you like?
[14:06]  eaglefx Binder: well i think we need to make one and a box with gat notecard lm, and stuff so people cna get started on a HG or grid
[14:06]  eaglefx Binder: black i think will be best
[14:06]  eaglefx Binder: not sure really
[14:06]  Warin Cascabel: OK, gimme a couple of minutes.
[14:06]  eaglefx Binder: i was thinking the logo sits on back and front
[14:06]  Andreas mueller: so how do we start to fill up the website?
[14:06]  eaglefx Binder: yes that was my next thing
[14:07]  eaglefx Binder: i dont know the joomla
[14:07]  eaglefx Binder: but i think we need to keep it aa little simpler that the joomla is by default
[14:07]  Warin Cascabel: Back may look kind of fugly; it tends to stretch with certain appearance slider settings.
[14:07]  Andreas mueller: yes i didnt do any configuration only the optic
[14:07]  Richardus Raymaker: with a white t-shirt its not difficult to make one.
[14:08]  Andreas mueller: i can make the typo again and wee all take a look on this
[14:08]  eaglefx Binder: i was thinking a little like kidds shirt
[14:08]  Andreas mueller: i think we should leave the wiki on the opensim server so its for all viewable
[14:08]  eaglefx Binder: buit with hypergrid logo
[14:09]  eaglefx Binder: can we make a box together after then kidd?
[14:09]  Andreas mueller: its really easy make a shirt :)
[14:09]  eaglefx Binder: so we gt that done?
[14:09]  eaglefx Binder: Ok
[14:09]  eaglefx Binder: do it then .. hehe
[14:09]  eaglefx Binder: lol
[14:10]  Andreas mueller: ive made lots of clothings in sl :)
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: okay cool
[14:10]  Andreas mueller: its only using photoshop
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: can you do it?
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: that would be cool
[14:10]  Andreas mueller: warin is doing it i think
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: or if someone can
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: Ok
[14:10]  eaglefx Binder: kidd u here
[14:11]  eaglefx Binder: i guess she is in another region ;)
[14:11]  kidd piko: excuse me ????
[14:11]  eaglefx Binder: hehe
[14:11]  Richardus Raymaker: RL region maby ?
[14:11]  eaglefx Binder: well i think we can stick our heads together and make that box?
[14:12]  eaglefx Binder: can a prim take shape after the Logo?
[14:12]  eaglefx Binder: or wel we can just put the logo on the box
[14:12]  Andreas mueller: i make a box
[14:12]  Andreas mueller: for what purpose?
[14:12]  eaglefx Binder: as a prim with the content
[14:13]  Andreas mueller: what content?
[14:13]  Andreas mueller: the shirt?
[14:13]  eaglefx Binder: liek this, a gate(simple) nbotecard, shirt, lm's e.t.c.
[14:13]  eaglefx Binder: thats the purose
[14:13]  Andreas mueller: so a what is hypergate box?
[14:13]  eaglefx Binder: purpose
[14:14]  eaglefx Binder: it is like we jump to a grid, and meet a person, giive them the box
[14:14]  eaglefx Binder: and they can get the gate up running to connect.
[14:14]  Andreas mueller: ok
[14:14]  Andreas mueller: just some minutes
[14:15]  eaglefx Binder: so when we have made it all members get a copyt they can copy on to 3 persion and so on
[14:15]  eaglefx Binder: kidd you know which gate we could put in ?
[14:15]  Stargate HG2 v0.15 RC1: Preparing HyperGrid Teleport to: metaversesims.net:9000
[14:16]  eaglefx Binder: i would like to jump around and test that
[14:16]  eaglefx Binder: ha she left ;)
[14:16]  Richardus Raymaker: where's kidd ?
[14:16]  eaglefx Binder: HG'ed
[14:17]  Warin Cascabel: Bah, for some reason it won't let me drop the T-shirt into this box. Okay, who wants it?
[14:17]  eaglefx Binder: send it to me i will drive it through
[14:17]  Warin Cascabel gave you HyperGrid Project T-Shirt.
[14:18]  eaglefx Binder: ouch u might need to make it copy
[14:18]  Warin Cascabel: I set it fully permissive.
[14:18]  eaglefx Binder: hmm
[14:18]  eaglefx Binder: wierd
[14:18]  Warin Cascabel: Modify, copy and transfer are all checked, at least in the copy in my inventory.
[14:18]  eaglefx Binder: not here it ended as no copy no modify
[14:18]  Warin Cascabel: Odd.
[14:19]  eaglefx Binder: Oh Cool
[14:19]  eaglefx Binder: thats great
[14:19]  Warin Cascabel: OK, try clicking the box then. This time I could copy into it.
[14:20]  eaglefx Binder: hmm wierd
[14:21]  Andreas mueller: HYPERGRID WELCOME BOX?
[14:21]  Warin Cascabel: What's going on, eaglefx?
[14:21]  eaglefx Binder: just the object not comes
[14:21]  Richardus Raymaker: i have the t-shirt. bu8t its put in a folder primitive
[14:22]  Warin Cascabel: Yeah, that happens when you buy out of a prim that is set to give contents.
[14:22]  eaglefx Binder: it is ok i have i tnow
[14:22]  Warin Cascabel: it gets put in a folder named the same as the object it came from.
[14:22]  eaglefx Binder: and it is full
[14:22]  Richardus Raymaker: osgrid , is already going well to make a messy inventory :O
[14:22]  Andreas mueller: do we have a slogen?
[14:22]  eaglefx Binder: i can have a chat, with tiffany about the gate and those laters then
[14:23]  eaglefx Binder: na not really
[14:23]  kidd piko is Online
[14:23]  Warin Cascabel: How about "Where Do You Want To Go Today?"
[14:23]  Warin Cascabel: No, wait, that one's taken.
[14:23]  Andreas mueller: lol
[14:23]  eaglefx Binder: thanks for the build of the shirt Warin thats cool
[14:23]  Warin Cascabel: Quite welcome.
[14:23]  Andreas mueller: what about ... "anotherkind of jurney"
[14:23]  eaglefx Binder: hehe
[14:23]  Richardus Raymaker: ill go back to my place for now
[14:24]  Warin Cascabel: Bye, Richardus
[14:24]  Richardus Raymaker: meeting takes a bit loonger then planned
[14:24]  eaglefx Binder: it is spelled diffrent tho
[14:24]  eaglefx Binder: yes
[14:24]  Richardus Raymaker: kidd is gone. so maby see here later
[14:24]  eaglefx Binder: yes see u ric
[14:24]  Warin Cascabel: I've never attended a meeting, in RL, SL or OSGrid, that actually wrapped up when it was supposed to...
[14:24]  eaglefx Binder: hehe
[14:24]  Andreas mueller: :)
[14:24]  eaglefx Binder: no to much text comes around
[14:25]  eaglefx Binder: but okay i think we can finish now, thanks for comming, we might wrap it up laters i will update the wiki
[14:25]  Warin Cascabel: OK, have fun.

Meeting ended.

Personal tools
About This Wiki