Chat log from the meeting on 2020-08-18

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[11:01] Leighton.Marjoram Hi Andrew
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Leighton. LTNS
[11:02] Gavin.Hird Hi Andrew
[11:02] Ada Radius: Hi Andrew
[11:02] Bill Blight: Howdy Andrew
[11:02] Leighton.Marjoram It has seemed like a long while Andrew
[11:02] Leighton.Marjoram But good to be back
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll wait a few more minutes to see who else shows up before we start.
[11:04] Ada Radius: Hey Kayaker
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Kayaker.
[11:04] Leighton.Marjoram Hello Kayaker
[11:04] Gavin.Hird Hi Kayaker
[11:04] Kayaker Magic: Hello Ada, Andrew, Leighton, et all
[11:04] Gavin.Hird build
[11:05] Bill Blight: Howdy Kay
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: Don't stop talking on my account....
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Kayaker, We were waiting for you to start us off.  ;)
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: ok, so what is now on opensim?
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: I may be typing under some difficulty today. My cat is on my lap and getting in the way of my being able to type every so often.
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: and what is new on opensim ?
[11:07] Kayaker Magic: Do the Firestorm viewer devs have an open house meeting like this?
[11:08] Bill Blight: only in SL
[11:08] Ubit Umarov: not usre if meetings like this
[11:08] Kayaker Magic: Well, I could go there I suppose...
[11:08] Bill Blight: May not want to talk about OS in SL
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: think they have no public meetings with devs
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: all i channeled by the helpers or how they call them
[11:09] Kayaker Magic: But to hear about FS issues, I think I want to go.
[11:09] Ada Radius: I just logged into SL for the first time in years, if the meetings are in the morning or early afternoon I could probably get there
[11:09] Bill Blight: They used to have a regular one in SL, but SL is completely off my radar these days
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: well never seen one
[11:09] Ada Radius: ya, it creeps me out, kind of. But it's there and people are using it
[11:10] Gavin.Hird how does it creep you out?
[11:10] Bill Blight: Anybody that thinks OS people are creepy need to go spend a few hours in SL
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: ok, so what is new on opensim?
[11:11] Gavin.Hird you tell us :-)
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: glad you ask
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: lol
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: Lots of changes again this past week.
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: hmm i don't remember
[11:12] Ada Radius: Creeps me out - trolling at some of the clubs I used to like. Empty sims everywhere I used to go
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: A couple of notecard related items.
[11:12] Gavin.Hird understand
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: Some more cache(?) expiry changes.
[11:12] Ada Radius: OS peeps are fine, almost always.
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: ok
* change llName2Key and add llRequestUserKey (not the patch on mantis 8369, now utdated). some testing needed..
[11:12] Gavin.Hird what creeps me out the most is they seem to have converted SL to a shopping hell
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: llname2key was looking to objects, if i remember..
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: thats not spec
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: llRequestUserKey was long waiting on mantis.. now added
[11:14] Gavin.Hird secondly their commit messages get more and more cryptic - sortof like Ubit's :-))
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: disabled llRayCast3
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: lets see how it works with current physics engines...
[11:15] Kayaker Magic: I found out Kitely is running ~0.9.1 with ubODE and V3 llCastRay
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: made profiles be done on a LIFO; not a FIFO
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: that means the last you ask will get priority. will be done after the current in exec
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: that should reduce the impact of the massing flood fs and other viewers may do when you open all friends list
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: well the flood is there.. but we should only wait for the one currently been done ( guess can be near 1minute in worse case )
[11:18] Gavin.Hird SL issued a crash fix for the viewer as it crashed if someone had more than 4k LMs in their inventory
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: If several people make a request at the same time it seems like it could me the first person making a request have to wait for everyone elses requests to complete first.
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: on LSL.api made all those dataserver things actually async. ie they are done by other set of threads, not the engine exec ones
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: that is all the purpose of those dataserver things, and we never had it
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: this is more relevant to Yengine...
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: but X also uses it
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: ossl is filled with wrong functions
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: that should have async processing..
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: like that silly osnotecard
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: but tons..
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: ossl just assumed all should be done by the script engine exec threads
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: well bad idead
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: i possible shoud tag all ossl obsulete and make a replacement :P
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: and obsolete
[11:23] Kayaker Magic: Can you mane them async without changing the API?
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: very hard
[11:23] Kayaker Magic: WM Ada
[11:23] Kayaker Magic: *WB
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: wb, Ada
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: even with Yengine
[11:24] Kayaker Magic: If you make them async by requiring they wait for data_server, it will break some scripts.
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, What would you think would be a possible replacement for OSSL?
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: all things that need to fetch things from web should be async
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: that is wht ll introduced that dataserver thing etc
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: well dunno.. just i see tons of things violation that
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, steevithak
[11:25] Ada Radius: ty! I forgot I was installing graphics card driver updates
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: and potencially causing stalls on the script engine
[11:26] steevithak x: hi
[11:26] Ada Radius: Hi steevithak
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: that notecard is just a easy and very silly example
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Selby.
[11:26] Selby.Evans hi ereryone
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: getting a asset here at osgrid can take time
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: same on any grid
[11:27] Gavin.Hird Hi Selby and steevithak
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: even reading from disk
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: ( even ssd)
[11:27] Ada Radius: Hi Selby
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: thats several ms
[11:27] Leighton.Marjoram Hi Selby and Steevithak
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: see?
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: well those where most the last week changes
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: ( as i said some of those name to key where working on object also.. not anymore ..
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: ( since not the spec )
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, does the LIFO change for profiles affect only the core profile module or does it also impact the add-on profile module?
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: objects should have own api
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: it is a change on core profile module
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: ok.
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: ( that can read one or 2 grid side formats, like yours )
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll have a look after the meeting to see if the change should be applied to the add on profile module.
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: think osgrid now uses core on regions, yours at grid
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: but not sure
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: guess any replacement of core is just bad
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: open all friends means on fs get 270 profiles for me
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: 263
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: Does it tell you when they were last online?
[11:33] Kayaker Magic: Aww it's so nice you have so many friends Ubit!
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: thats a expensive thing to get
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: and mostly wrong on all opensim
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: online is on another service
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: but it does tell.. something..
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: at least if target is on same region :p
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: ( and fs and other viewers, do that flood, just to show tiny icons.. )
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: Does anyone have an OS related question?
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm not seeing any one typing. This could wind up being a short meeting today.
[11:40] Bill Blight: Well Ubit did not break that much this week ..
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: Not that we have yet noticed.  ;)
[11:41] Bill Blight: true enough
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: If no one else has anything more for today I will close the meeting early.
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: you just didn't test :p
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't had time to test. I've been finalizing some changes for a release of code for work and also deep in to some 68k assembly code.
[11:42] Bill Blight: my test grid stays current
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks nods to Bill
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: ok... Going...
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: Going...
[11:43] Chat Logger: Meeting chat logging has been disabled.
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: Last and final call...
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: Gone.
[11:44] Ubit Umarov whispers: well made more changes but "useless changes"
[11:44] Chat Logger: Meeting chat logging has been enabled.
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: like replacing the ExpiringCache thing we used
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. Momentary interruption from the front door bell.
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: but a bit ligher ( i hope) one
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: by a..
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Thanks, Ubit.
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: That will do it for this week. We get to head out early today. Thank you all for coming. See you again next week.

Personal tools
About This Wiki