Chat log from the meeting on 2020-08-04

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[11:02] Gavin.Hird Hi Andrew
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: andrew's cat was looking :)
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: hi
[11:02] Kayaker Magic: Does anyone know what version of robust OSGrid is running? It seems to work fine with a recently built version of the region server.
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: a old onw
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: one
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: no idea the version
[11:03] Kayaker Magic: How far back can I go in Robust version and still work with a new Yeti?
[11:03] Ubit Umarov: but robust did not had many changes
[11:03] Bill Blight: why go backwards?
[11:03] Gavin.Hird db migrations
[11:04] Kayaker Magic: OK, if I go to a grid that hasn't upgraded Robust in a long time, can I still run a recent Yeti.
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: Like OSGrid is probably 0.9.1 release Robust....
[11:05] Ubit Umarov: possible
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: The DB changes were in the Region server, not in Robust
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: correct?
[11:05] Ubit Umarov: think so
[11:05] Bill Blight: since your region data is stored locally things like the new ugly sky and such should work fine on older robust
[11:06] Ubit Umarov: old robust only needs to get the new needed assets
[11:06] Bill Blight: or you will get a missing asset error , when you try to set environment
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: or just login even~
[11:07] Bill Blight: yeah
[11:07] Kayaker Magic whispers: Where can I find the list of needed assets?
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: unless you have then in cache
[11:07] Bill Blight: there was a box at llbsa right Ubit?
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: i placed a prim at lbsa with referenced to then
[11:08] Ubit Umarov: i also added it here last week
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: a hf visitor can copy/buy that prim at lbsa
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: and should get the asset
[11:10] Bill Blight: hg visitor too
[11:11] Bill Blight: :P
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: just current raibow texture is not updated
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: need to work that with dan
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: yeah hf and hg
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: the assets...
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: it is near the dancing eng
[11:12] Kayaker Magic: If I run FS 6.45 in a non-eep grid, the sky is ugly, will those assets fix that?
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: i did name this uglysky :p
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: or must I update the region to a recent Yeti to fix the sky?
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: think i already did answered that
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: and i did sent a email ages ago
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: to our mlists
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: how it will work.. guess depends what grid/regions actual software
[11:15] Bill Blight: Howdy Andrew, your cat let you out to play?
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: think the cat did the login
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Bill, :)
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: So far she hasn't started calling for me for play time.
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: well guess not many news
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: as you know fs released 6.4.5 beta
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: The code changes this past week were mostly related to Flotsam.
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: opensim is basicly only tested on that
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: well and previus eep betas
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: no idea about other viewers
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: I don't see the answer above today to all combinations: Old region, old robust, new viewer = ugly sky. Old robust+new assets+ new region + new viewer=pretty sky. Old Robust+new assets+OLD REGION CODE+new viewer = ?????????????????????????????????
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: as you know, they just ignore us now
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: you where told old robust will need new assets, and where to find them
[11:19] Gavin.Hird I'll keep ignoring you
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: duhhh
[11:19] Kayaker Magic: Yes, and will that fix ugly sky when I am using the new viewer on a 0.9.1 Snail region? Or must I also upgrade that region to Yeti?
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: well the dev what was present here, was of course excluded..
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: from that "ignore us".. he was here :)
[11:22] Bill Blight: That was kind of a given in my mind since he does come to every meeting .. but oh well
[11:24] Bill Blight: so as far as Opensim is concerned , this is a "No news is good news" week ..
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: well floatsam was nasty on high trafic regions like lbsa
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: its files expires
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: just took the entire cpu
[11:26] Bill Blight: details
[11:26] Bill Blight: this region seems to run better after I updated to the newer mono
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: that expires has always been nasty
[11:27] Bill Blight: Howdy Selby
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: access 100 000 files is not a light thing to do
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Selby.
[11:27] Selby.Evans hi everyone
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: wb Selby.Evans
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: so i did slow it down a lot
[11:28] Kayaker Magic: Selby, does your viewer have EEP?
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: takes some 40min to check lbsa now
[11:28] Selby.Evans no eep
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: ( 90000 - 100000 files )
[11:30] Bill.Blight Non eep viewer here and sky looks like it should
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Bill has turned into a cloud.
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: i improved things for WL viewers also
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: they will display several things
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: that are like they where
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: and will do parcel also
[11:31] Selby.Evans Bill looks fine in my viewer
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: ( firestorm at least )
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: of course, moon is always at oposite side of sun
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: etc
[11:32] Bill Blight: there is a test parcel out back that has ground level and diff altitude eep, of course you can only see the ground level in a non-eep viewer
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and no env per altitude
[11:32] Bill Blight: made the ground level there quite dramatic , so you can see the change
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: wl viewers and also set region env
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: only the region.. and it will be limited to what they know about
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: ok ?
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: lightshare changes wil only work on some viewers
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: like fs or dayturn
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: but i told all this already on a email
[11:35] Kayaker Magic: Bill: There are 12 combinations of robust, assets, region servers, viewers (eep or not) and the combination here is not the one I asked about.
[11:35] Bill Blight: Well there needs to be fewer combinations ... People need to quit living in the past ... (personal opinion)
[11:37] Bill Blight: oops premature TP
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: :)
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: kay you will to test some combinations
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: i will not do that for you, bc obvius reasons
[11:38] Kayaker Magic: Sure, I will go test, since I cannot get a simple yes/no for one combination here.
[11:39] Bill Blight: just maybe no one here has tested that combination .. no real reason to
[11:39] Bill Blight: could give you a BS answer
[11:39] Kayaker Magic: "I don't know" is a reasonable answer.
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: not that related to ppl here, but osgrid did a beta release
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: so some more users can play with eep region and eep viewers
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: since many can't compile from out code
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: it fight with the ini files
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: or fight..
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: if any wants :)
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: eep fs beta
[11:44] Bill Blight: On another note, my grid closed down a few days early , due to a HD failure in the server, was not going to spend the time to fix it just to shut it down ..
[11:44] Bill Blight: there is a box on the table behind me with a link to the FS beta page
[11:46] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll have to update my copy of FS after the meeting.
[11:46] Ubit Umarov: at least if does fix the crash editing/rez meshes
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: guess that was the worse but on previus
[11:47] Bill Blight: I have not had that crash with either of the new betas
[11:47] Kayaker Magic: What happened to Gavin?
[11:48] Bill Blight: He mistakenly got offended by the "ignoring us" comment about viewer devs ..
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: yeah
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: well he understand that .. tomorrow or so.. i hope :)
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: .. will..
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: btw nice env you had on that region in yr gird bill
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: or fest?
[11:51] Bill Blight: oh the fest landing .. yeah it is cool
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: think that was the fest welcome plat
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: as bill said he did set up a parcel back there
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: with own env
[11:53] Ubit Umarov: and also per altitude
[11:53] Bill Blight: nothing real fancy , just to show the changes
[11:53] Kayaker Magic: I sent someone to get the asset box from LSBA. He reports that the box has a script but no assets in it. How does it work?
[11:53] Ubit Umarov: normal HG
[11:54] Ubit Umarov: normal HG assets transfer i mean
[11:55] Ubit Umarov: sure you know ppl can buy things on other grids with hg, no?
[11:56] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, Kitely works that way. Interesting trick, I will study the script.
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: only has the references
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: of course
[11:57] Ubit Umarov: if same uuid is already present on the grid and it is bad, it must be deleted on the assets dbs
[11:57] Ubit Umarov: and a new copy of the box donr
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: wel old trick
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: thats how i update osgrid with new assets
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: as i said the rainbow one needs update, but dan needs to remove the old one first
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: ai austin did improve the red area
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: or red/near infrared area :)
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Wow. This hour went by quickly. Any last minute comments or questions?
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, hellosteevithak. Didn't see you there as you were hidden by my open chat window.
[12:02] Kayaker Magic: hehe, I had a question for Gavin!
[12:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Kayaker, ok. You will have to hold that question until next week.
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: If there isn't anything more that will conclude the meeting for today.
[12:05] Selby.Evans bye all
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Thank you all for coming. See you again next week.
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, Selby.

Personal tools
About This Wiki