Chat log from the meeting on 2019-03-26

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created)
 
(Created)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
 
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Selby.
+
<br />[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Selby.
[11:03] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: hi everyone
+
<br />[11:03] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: hi everyone
[11:04] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Selby
+
<br />[11:04] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Selby
[11:04] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: Hey there :_)
+
<br />[11:04] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: Hey there :_)
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't know if anyone else is on their way in. We might as well get started.
+
<br />[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't know if anyone else is on their way in. We might as well get started.
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: jay rebake :)
+
<br />[11:07] Ubit Umarov: jay rebake :)
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Just as I say that, here is Leighton. :)
+
<br />[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Just as I say that, here is Leighton. :)
[11:08] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Leighton
+
<br />[11:08] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Leighton
[11:08] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: hello all gtsy
+
<br />[11:08] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: hello all gtsy
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Leighton
+
<br />[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Leighton
[11:09] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: :_) hey there Leighton
+
<br />[11:09] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: :_) hey there Leighton
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: so what opensim news do you bring today ? :)
+
<br />[11:09] Ubit Umarov: so what opensim news do you bring today ? :)
[11:09] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: waves
+
<br />[11:09] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: waves
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: jayyy rebake :p
+
<br />[11:10] Ubit Umarov: jayyy rebake :p
[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am build the Windows version of the viewer with Animesh support this week
+
<br />[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am build the Windows version of the viewer with Animesh support this week
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Only news from my end is that I am down to three OSSL functions still to be documented with sample scripts. One is slightly more complicated as it has two versions with different parameter list.
+
<br />[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Only news from my end is that I am down to three OSSL functions still to be documented with sample scripts. One is slightly more complicated as it has two versions with different parameter list.
[11:10] Bill Blight: Well I like the new ViewerObjectCache
+
<br />[11:10] Bill Blight: Well I like the new ViewerObjectCache
[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: non-RLV will most likely be done tomorrow
+
<br />[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: non-RLV will most likely be done tomorrow
[11:11] Eldovar.Lamilton @grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002 is online.
+
<br />[11:11] Eldovar.Lamilton @grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002 is online.
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: yeap VOC seems working on here and lbsa
+
<br />[11:11] Ubit Umarov: yeap VOC seems working on here and lbsa
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: working ok..
+
<br />[11:11] Ubit Umarov: working ok..
[11:11] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: what does it do?
+
<br />[11:11] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: what does it do?
[11:12] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ... compared to before I mean
+
<br />[11:12] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ... compared to before I mean
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: What is different about it?
+
<br />[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: What is different about it?
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: finaly we do try to make use of viewers objects cache
+
<br />[11:12] Ubit Umarov: finaly we do try to make use of viewers objects cache
[11:12] Bill Blight: We never actually had ViewerObjecCache before
+
<br />[11:12] Bill Blight: We never actually had ViewerObjecCache before
[11:12] Bill Blight: it never worked
+
<br />[11:12] Bill Blight: it never worked
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: yeap part of my lludp facelifing
+
<br />[11:13] Ubit Umarov: yeap part of my lludp facelifing
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Ah, ok.
+
<br />[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Ah, ok.
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: lifting?
+
<br />[11:13] Ubit Umarov: lifting?
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: ok .. my lludp code review :p
+
<br />[11:13] Ubit Umarov: ok .. my lludp code review :p
[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is the new lludp in  astate safe for testing?
+
<br />[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is the new lludp in  astate safe for testing?
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: you tell me, you are on last dev master here :)
+
<br />[11:14] Ubit Umarov: you tell me, you are on last dev master here :)
[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: sitting here
+
<br />[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: sitting here
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: but that did not kick in for you still
+
<br />[11:15] Ubit Umarov: but that did not kick in for you still
[11:15] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am sure I can do things that challenge the code in other ways :-)
+
<br />[11:15] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am sure I can do things that challenge the code in other ways :-)
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: you should now have files on viewer objects cache folder
+
<br />[11:15] Ubit Umarov: you should now have files on viewer objects cache folder
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: if your viewer does suport it
+
<br />[11:15] Ubit Umarov: if your viewer does suport it
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: the old singu i have does not for example
+
<br />[11:15] Ubit Umarov: the old singu i have does not for example
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: on next relog here, you should notice a little diference
+
<br />[11:16] Ubit Umarov: on next relog here, you should notice a little diference
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: ( or a crash ;) )
+
<br />[11:16] Ubit Umarov: ( or a crash ;) )
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: about that, there a big tradition of telling everyone to clear viewers cache
+
<br />[11:17] Ubit Umarov: about that, there a big tradition of telling everyone to clear viewers cache
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: that is bad..  viewers cache are fundamental for performance
+
<br />[11:17] Ubit Umarov: that is bad..  viewers cache are fundamental for performance
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: should one be clean when we do suspect it does have a issue
+
<br />[11:17] Ubit Umarov: should one be clean when we do suspect it does have a issue
[11:17] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are 2 entries in the objectcache folder
+
<br />[11:17] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are 2 entries in the objectcache folder
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I just said that to someone earlier today when they were talking about some textures appearing just white.
+
<br />[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I just said that to someone earlier today when they were talking about some textures appearing just white.
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: but "current opensim culture" is to keep cleaning it all the time
+
<br />[11:18] Ubit Umarov: but "current opensim culture" is to keep cleaning it all the time
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: very bad..
+
<br />[11:18] Ubit Umarov: very bad..
[11:18] Bill Blight: yes one should be the object.cache the other file is the per region cache
+
<br />[11:18] Bill Blight: yes one should be the object.cache the other file is the per region cache
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: yes each as region grid coords on name
+
<br />[11:19] Ubit Umarov: yes each as region grid coords on name
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: objects_11089_10001.slc
+
<br />[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: objects_11089_10001.slc
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: thats it
+
<br />[11:19] Ubit Umarov: thats it
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but it suspiciously small
+
<br />[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but it suspiciously small
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: objects aren't that big
+
<br />[11:19] Ubit Umarov: objects aren't that big
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: and that is compacted format
+
<br />[11:19] Ubit Umarov: and that is compacted format
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is there a separate cap for it?
+
<br />[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is there a separate cap for it?
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: basicly the lludp binary format i think
+
<br />[11:20] Ubit Umarov: basicly the lludp binary format i think
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: no pure lludp
+
<br />[11:20] Ubit Umarov: no pure lludp
[11:20] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok
+
<br />[11:20] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Is this going to help with people who use different grids? In the past using different grids with the same viewer caused issues with what you saw and cleaning viewer cache helped.
+
<br />[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Is this going to help with people who use different grids? In the past using different grids with the same viewer caused issues with what you saw and cleaning viewer cache helped.
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: but a twisted protocol
+
<br />[11:20] Ubit Umarov: but a twisted protocol
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: that we where not doing
+
<br />[11:20] Ubit Umarov: that we where not doing
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: dif grids may cause cache invalidation, on regions in same location
+
<br />[11:21] Ubit Umarov: dif grids may cause cache invalidation, on regions in same location
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: but just that
+
<br />[11:21] Ubit Umarov: but just that
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks nods
+
<br />[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: shoudl "self heal "
+
<br />[11:21] Ubit Umarov: shoudl "self heal "
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: That would be good.
+
<br />[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: That would be good.
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: well i finished the code when? yesterday? the day before?
+
<br />[11:22] Ubit Umarov: well i finished the code when? yesterday? the day before?
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: i mean code without sistematic viewer crashes[11:22] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and it has been deployed to OSG or just test regions?
+
<br />[11:22] Ubit Umarov: i mean code without sistematic viewer crashes[11:22] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and it has been deployed to OSG or just test regions?
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: last where because those particles there at arrival point
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: last where because those particles there at arrival point
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: only lbsa is running it
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: only lbsa is running it
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok, I'll stop by there then
+
<br />[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok, I'll stop by there then
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: and it is disabled by default .. there is a option to activate it
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: and it is disabled by default .. there is a option to activate it
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I don't want to update the code on xmir till the animesh merge id done
+
<br />[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I don't want to update the code on xmir till the animesh merge id done
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: until more ppl test it
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: until more ppl test it
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: you should have it all
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: you should have it all
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is*
+
<br />[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is*
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: ll has this for years now
+
<br />[11:23] Ubit Umarov: ll has this for years now
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: so you should have it all
+
<br />[11:24] Ubit Umarov: so you should have it all
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: we just made no use of it and did not had necessary protocol up
+
<br />[11:25] Ubit Umarov: we just made no use of it and did not had necessary protocol up
[11:25] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: are there any regions around with animated meshes on for testing?  So far the windows build is being tested in Aditi
+
<br />[11:25] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: are there any regions around with animated meshes on for testing?  So far the windows build is being tested in Aditi
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: yes this, lbsa etc
+
<br />[11:25] Ubit Umarov: yes this, lbsa etc
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: hmm think last osg bin has it
+
<br />[11:26] Ubit Umarov: hmm think last osg bin has it
[11:26] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: they really don't have any release notes :-)
+
<br />[11:26] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: they really don't have any release notes :-)
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: see the 2 guards back there?
+
<br />[11:26] Ubit Umarov: see the 2 guards back there?
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: or the tiny there in the middle ?
+
<br />[11:26] Ubit Umarov: or the tiny there in the middle ?
[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: not today
+
<br />[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: not today
[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: last time they showed
+
<br />[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: last time they showed
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: err not animesh.. its aniwhat :p
+
<br />[11:27] Ubit Umarov: err not animesh.. its aniwhat :p
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: well i see them dancing
+
<br />[11:27] Ubit Umarov: well i see them dancing
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: odd guards dancing
+
<br />[11:27] Ubit Umarov: odd guards dancing
[11:28] Bill Blight: they are not guards they are greeters
+
<br />[11:28] Bill Blight: they are not guards they are greeters
[11:28] Bill Blight: LOL
+
<br />[11:28] Bill Blight: LOL
[11:28] Bill Blight: :P
+
<br />[11:28] Bill Blight: :P
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: oops details
+
<br />[11:28] Ubit Umarov: oops details
[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: another thing I noticed in Aditi is that the viewer shows the shadow of attached mesh as it should , but not in OpenSim
+
<br />[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: another thing I noticed in Aditi is that the viewer shows the shadow of attached mesh as it should , but not in OpenSim
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: there where more changes on lludp encoding
+
<br />[11:29] Ubit Umarov: there where more changes on lludp encoding
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually most of it by now
+
<br />[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually most of it by now
[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: maybe there is something server side not being sent to the viewer
+
<br />[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: maybe there is something server side not being sent to the viewer
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: think we do send all there is to send
+
<br />[11:29] Ubit Umarov: think we do send all there is to send
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually not that much
+
<br />[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually not that much
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: basicly a flag
+
<br />[11:30] Ubit Umarov: basicly a flag
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: and the start/stop animations on own packets
+
<br />[11:30] Ubit Umarov: and the start/stop animations on own packets
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: nothing about shadows
+
<br />[11:31] Ubit Umarov: nothing about shadows
[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: any attached mesh should show a shadow of it
+
<br />[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: any attached mesh should show a shadow of it
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: ask viewers devs :p
+
<br />[11:31] Ubit Umarov: ask viewers devs :p
[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there code is there and it works on Aditi
+
<br />[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there code is there and it works on Aditi
[11:32] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: we'll have to figure it out
+
<br />[11:32] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: we'll have to figure it out
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: well you can see the protocal
+
<br />[11:32] Ubit Umarov: well you can see the protocal
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and protocol
+
<br />[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and protocol
[11:32] Bill Blight: well I see them, others see them with FS so obviously the right things are being sent
+
<br />[11:32] Bill Blight: well I see them, others see them with FS so obviously the right things are being sent
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and you cna debug the messages going around
+
<br />[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and you cna debug the messages going around
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: so, tell me what is missing
+
<br />[11:32] Ubit Umarov: so, tell me what is missing
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: you are logged in a s local OSG user?
+
<br />[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: you are logged in a s local OSG user?
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: yeap
+
<br />[11:33] Ubit Umarov: yeap
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and I am HG user
+
<br />[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and I am HG user
[11:33] Bill Blight: yes I shall hg over
+
<br />[11:33] Bill Blight: yes I shall hg over
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: so there is a difference
+
<br />[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: so there is a difference
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: that may impact animations been asked to wrong grid etc
+
<br />[11:34] Ubit Umarov: that may impact animations been asked to wrong grid etc
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: not shadown
+
<br />[11:34] Ubit Umarov: not shadown
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: or shadows
+
<br />[11:34] Ubit Umarov: or shadows
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: and that animation issue should be temporary  a few seconds or less
+
<br />[11:35] Ubit Umarov: and that animation issue should be temporary  a few seconds or less
[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I have always seen them before and last time they were animating properly, but today they don't show at all
+
<br />[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I have always seen them before and last time they were animating properly, but today they don't show at all
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: UNLESS using fs
+
<br />[11:35] Ubit Umarov: UNLESS using fs
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: well i did not activate viewerassets cap bc of fs
+
<br />[11:35] Ubit Umarov: well i did not activate viewerassets cap bc of fs
[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there has been no changes in the viewer code that affect it since last week, so what changed
+
<br />[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there has been no changes in the viewer code that affect it since last week, so what changed
[11:35] Bill Blight: my HG avatar sees the aniwhat
+
<br />[11:35] Bill Blight: my HG avatar sees the aniwhat
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: liru did gave a fix to FS about that
+
<br />[11:35] Ubit Umarov: liru did gave a fix to FS about that
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: need to wait for that to be release bf activate the viewerassets cap
+
<br />[11:36] Ubit Umarov: need to wait for that to be release bf activate the viewerassets cap
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: you can test it on your regions removing the coment on the caps list in opensimdefaults
+
<br />[11:36] Ubit Umarov: you can test it on your regions removing the coment on the caps list in opensimdefaults
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: if you do have that cap that is
+
<br />[11:37] Ubit Umarov: if you do have that cap that is
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: guess all viewers without it will be banned from sl if not already
+
<br />[11:37] Ubit Umarov: guess all viewers without it will be banned from sl if not already
[11:37] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: the viewer does not have any code for viewerassets
+
<br />[11:37] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: the viewer does not have any code for viewerassets
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: look better :p
+
<br />[11:37] Ubit Umarov: look better :p
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: but thats not aniwhat thing
+
<br />[11:38] Ubit Umarov: but thats not aniwhat thing
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: is all assets
+
<br />[11:38] Ubit Umarov: is all assets
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: lludp assets fetch will be removed ( if not already ) at sl
+
<br />[11:39] Ubit Umarov: lludp assets fetch will be removed ( if not already ) at sl
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: we will keep it of course
+
<br />[11:39] Ubit Umarov: we will keep it of course
[11:39] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: which is why we split the viewer code in 2016
+
<br />[11:39] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: which is why we split the viewer code in 2016
[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Kokua cannot log in to Opensim at all any more
+
<br />[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Kokua cannot log in to Opensim at all any more
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: well as i said for now disabled bc that fs bug
+
<br />[11:40] Ubit Umarov: well as i said for now disabled bc that fs bug
[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Dayturn can only log on to SL till they turn off UDP assets
+
<br />[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Dayturn can only log on to SL till they turn off UDP assets
[11:41] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: have a good day everyone :_)
+
<br />[11:41] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: have a good day everyone :_)
[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but I only need two more days for the windows version to pass all the animesh tests on Adidi :-)
+
<br />[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but I only need two more days for the windows version to pass all the animesh tests on Adidi :-)
[11:41] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: bye , JR
+
<br />[11:41] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: bye , JR
[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: bye
+
<br />[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: bye
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, JayR
+
<br />[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, JayR
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: well to test VOP you can just relog here
+
<br />[11:44] Ubit Umarov: well to test VOP you can just relog here
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: and see if there is anydif
+
<br />[11:44] Ubit Umarov: and see if there is anydif
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: VOC i mean
+
<br />[11:44] Ubit Umarov: VOC i mean
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: (objects cache )
+
<br />[11:44] Ubit Umarov: (objects cache )
[11:44] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I'll do a direct login to OSG first to eliminate the HG element
+
<br />[11:44] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I'll do a direct login to OSG first to eliminate the HG element
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: should not matter
+
<br />[11:45] Ubit Umarov: should not matter
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: think udp does not mess up regions has caps does
+
<br />[11:45] Ubit Umarov: think udp does not mess up regions has caps does
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: ..as...
+
<br />[11:45] Ubit Umarov: ..as...
[11:46] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there is other grid specific things the viewer does too, so I need to have a look at than again
+
<br />[11:46] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there is other grid specific things the viewer does too, so I need to have a look at than again
[11:49] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are files in the cache of the form like 99d02b42-9119-4708-804e-4c7d699162ae.xmir.inv.gz
+
<br />[11:49] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are files in the cache of the form like 99d02b42-9119-4708-804e-4c7d699162ae.xmir.inv.gz
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: We are about 10 minutes before the top of the hour. Any other topics for todays meeting?
+
<br />[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: We are about 10 minutes before the top of the hour. Any other topics for todays meeting?

Latest revision as of 11:46, 26 March 2019

[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Selby.
[11:03] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: hi everyone
[11:04] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Selby
[11:04] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: Hey there :_)
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't know if anyone else is on their way in. We might as well get started.
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: jay rebake :)
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Just as I say that, here is Leighton. :)
[11:08] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Hi Leighton
[11:08] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: hello all gtsy
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Leighton
[11:09] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: :_) hey there Leighton
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: so what opensim news do you bring today ? :)
[11:09] Leighton.Marjoram @grid.outandproud.life:8002: waves
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: jayyy rebake :p
[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am build the Windows version of the viewer with Animesh support this week
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Only news from my end is that I am down to three OSSL functions still to be documented with sample scripts. One is slightly more complicated as it has two versions with different parameter list.
[11:10] Bill Blight: Well I like the new ViewerObjectCache
[11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: non-RLV will most likely be done tomorrow
[11:11] Eldovar.Lamilton @grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002 is online.
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: yeap VOC seems working on here and lbsa
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: working ok..
[11:11] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: what does it do?
[11:12] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ... compared to before I mean
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: What is different about it?
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: finaly we do try to make use of viewers objects cache
[11:12] Bill Blight: We never actually had ViewerObjecCache before
[11:12] Bill Blight: it never worked
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: yeap part of my lludp facelifing
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Ah, ok.
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: lifting?
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: ok .. my lludp code review :p
[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is the new lludp in astate safe for testing?
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: you tell me, you are on last dev master here :)
[11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: sitting here
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: but that did not kick in for you still
[11:15] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am sure I can do things that challenge the code in other ways :-)
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: you should now have files on viewer objects cache folder
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: if your viewer does suport it
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: the old singu i have does not for example
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: on next relog here, you should notice a little diference
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: ( or a crash ;) )
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: about that, there a big tradition of telling everyone to clear viewers cache
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: that is bad.. viewers cache are fundamental for performance
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: should one be clean when we do suspect it does have a issue
[11:17] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are 2 entries in the objectcache folder
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I just said that to someone earlier today when they were talking about some textures appearing just white.
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: but "current opensim culture" is to keep cleaning it all the time
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: very bad..
[11:18] Bill Blight: yes one should be the object.cache the other file is the per region cache
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: yes each as region grid coords on name
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: objects_11089_10001.slc
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: thats it
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but it suspiciously small
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: objects aren't that big
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: and that is compacted format
[11:19] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is there a separate cap for it?
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: basicly the lludp binary format i think
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: no pure lludp
[11:20] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Is this going to help with people who use different grids? In the past using different grids with the same viewer caused issues with what you saw and cleaning viewer cache helped.
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: but a twisted protocol
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: that we where not doing
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: dif grids may cause cache invalidation, on regions in same location
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: but just that
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: shoudl "self heal "
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: That would be good.
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: well i finished the code when? yesterday? the day before?
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: i mean code without sistematic viewer crashes[11:22] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and it has been deployed to OSG or just test regions?
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: last where because those particles there at arrival point
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: only lbsa is running it
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: ok, I'll stop by there then
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: and it is disabled by default .. there is a option to activate it
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I don't want to update the code on xmir till the animesh merge id done
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: until more ppl test it
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: you should have it all
[11:23] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is*
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: ll has this for years now
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: so you should have it all
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: we just made no use of it and did not had necessary protocol up
[11:25] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: are there any regions around with animated meshes on for testing? So far the windows build is being tested in Aditi
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: yes this, lbsa etc
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: hmm think last osg bin has it
[11:26] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: they really don't have any release notes :-)
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: see the 2 guards back there?
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: or the tiny there in the middle ?
[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: not today
[11:27] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: last time they showed
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: err not animesh.. its aniwhat :p
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: well i see them dancing
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: odd guards dancing
[11:28] Bill Blight: they are not guards they are greeters
[11:28] Bill Blight: LOL
[11:28] Bill Blight: :P
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: oops details
[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: another thing I noticed in Aditi is that the viewer shows the shadow of attached mesh as it should , but not in OpenSim
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: there where more changes on lludp encoding
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually most of it by now
[11:29] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: maybe there is something server side not being sent to the viewer
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: think we do send all there is to send
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: actually not that much
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: basicly a flag
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: and the start/stop animations on own packets
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: nothing about shadows
[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: any attached mesh should show a shadow of it
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: ask viewers devs :p
[11:31] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there code is there and it works on Aditi
[11:32] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: we'll have to figure it out
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: well you can see the protocal
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and protocol
[11:32] Bill Blight: well I see them, others see them with FS so obviously the right things are being sent
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: and you cna debug the messages going around
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: so, tell me what is missing
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: you are logged in a s local OSG user?
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: yeap
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and I am HG user
[11:33] Bill Blight: yes I shall hg over
[11:33] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: so there is a difference
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: that may impact animations been asked to wrong grid etc
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: not shadown
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: or shadows
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: and that animation issue should be temporary a few seconds or less
[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I have always seen them before and last time they were animating properly, but today they don't show at all
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: UNLESS using fs
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: well i did not activate viewerassets cap bc of fs
[11:35] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there has been no changes in the viewer code that affect it since last week, so what changed
[11:35] Bill Blight: my HG avatar sees the aniwhat
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: liru did gave a fix to FS about that
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: need to wait for that to be release bf activate the viewerassets cap
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: you can test it on your regions removing the coment on the caps list in opensimdefaults
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: if you do have that cap that is
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: guess all viewers without it will be banned from sl if not already
[11:37] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: the viewer does not have any code for viewerassets
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: look better :p
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: but thats not aniwhat thing
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: is all assets
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: lludp assets fetch will be removed ( if not already ) at sl
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: we will keep it of course
[11:39] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: which is why we split the viewer code in 2016
[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Kokua cannot log in to Opensim at all any more
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: well as i said for now disabled bc that fs bug
[11:40] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Dayturn can only log on to SL till they turn off UDP assets
[11:41] JayR.Cela @grid.kitely.com:8002: have a good day everyone :_)
[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: but I only need two more days for the windows version to pass all the animesh tests on Adidi :-)
[11:41] Selby.Evans @grid.kitely.com:8002: bye , JR
[11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: bye
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, JayR
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: well to test VOP you can just relog here
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: and see if there is anydif
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: VOC i mean
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: (objects cache )
[11:44] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I'll do a direct login to OSG first to eliminate the HG element
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: should not matter
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: think udp does not mess up regions has caps does
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: ..as...
[11:46] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there is other grid specific things the viewer does too, so I need to have a look at than again
[11:49] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are files in the cache of the form like 99d02b42-9119-4708-804e-4c7d699162ae.xmir.inv.gz
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: We are about 10 minutes before the top of the hour. Any other topics for todays meeting?

Personal tools
General
About This Wiki