Chat log from the meeting on 2010-06-02

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 18:40, 3 March 2012 by MakoBot (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[10:03] Fu Barr: hello all:)
[10:04] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Fu.
[10:04] Fu Barr: neb - i have a friend who cant reset her avvy password
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi fu, warin, simpy ,neb
[10:04] Fu Barr: who do i see to fix that?
[10:04] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Richardus
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: k they can sent an email to
[10:04] Simpy Merryman: hi everyone
[10:05] Fu Barr:
[10:05] Fu Barr: i'll pass on the info
[10:05] Tesira Luco is Offline
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: sorry
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:05] Fu Barr: lol
[10:05] Fu Barr: okay
[10:05] Fu Barr: anything they need to put in the email other than the avvy name?
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: just explain the problem
[10:05] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:05] WhiteStar Magic is Online
[10:05] Fu Barr: okies. will do - thnx.
[10:06] Richardus Raymaker: have you seen mcortez nebdan ?
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: hello everyone
[10:06] Revolution Smythe: hey nebadon
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: not a few days/weeks
[10:06] Andrew Hellershanks: hello
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[10:06] Fu Barr: hello jcc :)
[10:06] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[10:06] WhiteStar Magic: McCortez is busy with RL
[10:07] Jack Benimble: hi, Neb
[10:07] Revolution Smythe: hey JCC
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: but he knows the group stuf
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe... I love that name "Fu Barr"
[10:07] Fu Barr: thanks Andrew :)
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: yw, Fu
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: i think also that teleport redirect is not complete. map tele
[ports are not redirected
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[10:07] WhiteStar Magic: you know, somethings over ride and need to be dealt with
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: yes whitestar.
[10:08] WhiteStar Magic: ...
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: heh lag will pan out
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: still getting a good amount of logins it seems
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey farts discreetly
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: doesn't seem too bad chat-wise
[10:09] Warin Cascabel: Jeez, who set a tire on fire?
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey immediately lags after saying that
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey grins
[10:09] WhiteStar Magic: <--- passes around teh Jug of Pepto Bismal
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not so bad, just log ins seem to tie it up for a few seconds
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: especially when they are all at once
[10:10] Hiro Protagonist: look at all teh imprudence users heh
[10:10] Warin Cascabel: Yep, might purple in here today.
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: how can you tell?
[10:10] WhiteStar Magic: Purple RULES
[10:10] Warin Cascabel: Mighty, even
[10:10] Eryn Galen: hehe
[10:10] Revolution Smythe: Imprudence has taken over!
[10:10] Greybeard Thinker: indeed it does WS
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ah crap i was using imrpduence but i crashed
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: loaded hippo hehe
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: forgot
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: huh. its so stable now imprudence
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:11] Warin Cascabel: To answer your question, Justin, Imprudence identifies the avatars' viewer in the tag with their name, if the viewer

identifies itself, and colors them (green for Emerald, purple for Imprudence)
[10:11] Jack Benimble: say, Warin.. when is the new welcom center going to be open for business?
[10:12] Warin Cascabel: When it's ready, Jack.
[10:12] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: warin: ah, cool - thanks!
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: I actually tried imprudence today but seemed to have some trouble with prim inventory updates
[10:12] Dorothea Lundquist: hello akira
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: I was trying the last beta though rather than the latest weekly
[10:12] Warin Cascabel: There is still some basic functionality that needs to be set in place in the Welcome Station - it can go live before it's 100%

finished, though.
[10:12] WhiteStar Magic: use only the weeklies
[10:12] Revolution Smythe: were you using SQLite with oepnsim master?
[10:12] Eryn Galen: hey Doro :)
[10:12] Greybeard Thinker: grab the weekly build from the blog page Justin
[10:13] Richardus Raymaker: hi eryn
[10:13] Key Gruin is Online
[10:13] Revolution Smythe: since SQLite and opensim master and prim inventory does not work
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: cool - yeah, I should try that instead
[10:13] Jack Benimble: I was there the other day.. nice job
[10:13] Richardus Raymaker: hy GB
[10:13] Greybeard Thinker: Hi RiRa
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: revolution: it does work on 0.6.9 afaik
[10:13] Richardus Raymaker: hi doro
[10:13] Dorothea Lundquist: hello all :))
[10:13] Sarah Kline: I'm stuck at -8, 265,64.. in the corner of the sim hoping i will pop back into the room in a bit )
[10:13] Revolution Smythe: and i have heard that it does not
[10:13] Eryn Galen: hey Rich :)
[10:13] Dorothea Lundquist: hello Rich :)
[10:14] Revolution Smythe: it does not with your new SQLite plugin on OpenSim master
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: I can see you here, standing on the seating
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist: heh, is this a load test or is it office hours? :3
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: revolution: hummmm - perhaps I didn't take out all my debug guff
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: damn
[10:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Good turn out today
[10:14] WhiteStar Magic: both it seems
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: anybody know if there's an open mantis for the sqlite prim inventory issue on 0.6.9?
[10:15] Dorothea Lundquist: hello Arnout :)
[10:15] McCabe Maxsted is Online
[10:15] Entering god mode, level 255
[10:15] Sarah Kline: back at last thanks white
[10:15] Entering god mode, level 255
[10:15] Arnout Sequent: Hello Dorothea
[10:15] Revolution Smythe: JCC: 0004739
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: man, I just scrolled down my opensim to-do list - that was scary
[10:16] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: its reaching newyourk justin ?
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: nearly :(
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[10:16] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[10:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Only 8 entries come up on a search in Mantis using "prim inventory". Don't see any specifically mentioning SQLite
[10:16] Eryn Galen: hi ahlia
[10:16] Revolution Smythe: the mantis # is 0004739
[10:16] Greybeard Thinker: Hey Q, Dahlia
[10:16] Revolution Smythe: just to make sure it is seem
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: revolution: alright - just assigned to myself since it's probably a simple fix - I expect I just forgot to re-enable

[10:17] Revolution Smythe: its a simple fix
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey: hopefully will be able to take a loko firday
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey: revolution: you know where the problem is?
[10:17] Eryn Galen: Penny, I see you without hair
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: hi penny
[10:18] McCabe Maxsted is Online
[10:18] Penny Lane: Heh, been hereall along, and I see my hair. :-) Hi Erin, Rich :-)
[10:18] Eryn Galen: huhu Aki
[10:19] Greybeard Thinker: I see white people
[10:19] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[10:19] Heather ORiley: I see bald people o.o
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: so what else is happening sorry im quiet got distracted by a phone call for a moment
[10:19] Dahlia Trimble: me too lol
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: OpenSim makes people's hair fall out ;)
[10:19] Warin Cascabel: I see bald people, and I see white people, but interestingly I see no bald white people.
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: in several ways
[10:20] Akira Sonoda: hello eryn and everybody :-) (no greeting necessary ... have enough lag :-)
[10:20] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:20] WhiteStar Magic: 6.9 i shaving some issues related to updating Home Position when a user sets it
[10:20] Greybeard Thinker: forgets to finish updates to viewers too
[10:20] Hiro Protagonist: heh, but I am s'posed to be bald
[10:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Is there still a problem with the updating of who is online for the friends list?
[10:20] Heather ORiley: bald is beautiful so they say :|
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:20] Penny Lane: Everyone's rezzed for me fully (Imprudence, Linux), except Andrew and Nova who are both 100% white.
[10:20] WhiteStar Magic: for info
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: penny: you're bald to me ;)
[10:20] Greybeard Thinker: same to me Penny
[10:21] Nova Ridge: i crashed and now im Ruth
[10:21] Richardus Raymaker: yes andrew, the friendslist and IM stuff are for me broken. offline IM's seems to fail many times
[10:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Everyone looks goot do me except for Dahlia who is whitish gray
[10:21] Jack Benimble: me, too
[10:21] Hiro Protagonist: lol we sound like we are administering a test for admission to teh PN
[10:21] Penny Lane: OK, I'm outvoted. Lemme try switching hair a couple of times
[10:21] Jack Benimble: that's the second time in the last few minutes
[10:21] Dahlia Trimble blushes and does a vanity rebake...
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: love the big bovver boots, Dahlia
[10:21] Jack Benimble: the viewer closes with out warning
[10:21] Eryn Galen: Friendlist is shakey for me but not fully broken. Its there sometimes and then not
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: I saw imprudence recently fixed a texture related crash
[10:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, ok. Friends seemed to be working so I'm not sure why it seems to have stopped working.
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: might have to reduce your draw distance or lower partciles maybe if its just poofing on you
[10:21] Greybeard Thinker: it gives a warning, it's called your desktop
[10:22] Eryn Galen: -*-* LOL *-*-
[10:22] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: ok shaken for friendslits yes offline IM same. its more 50/50
[10:22] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't think I've notice any issue with offline messaging
[10:22] Eryn Galen: lol
[10:22] Hiro Protagonist drums
[10:22] Warin Cascabel fifes
[10:22] Andrew Hellershanks: how do I look now, Penny. I rebaked
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: it happend yesterday with baewyn and eryn that the not recieved one
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi beatboxes
[10:22] Penny Lane: Andrew: you're full rezzed now after your rebak
[10:22] Greybeard Thinker: Andrew is baked
[10:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Better than being half-baked
[10:23] Andrew Hellershanks laughs
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: have you released another osgrid 0.6.9-post-fixes distro yet?
[10:23] Penny Lane: lol
[10:23] Greybeard Thinker: Mova stick yourself back in the oven for a few minutes
[10:23] Dahlia Trimble: Penny, Hiro, and Justin are all bald, everyone else looks ok to me
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: Better half then raw
[10:23] Sarah Kline: one freind has been online for a week now 24/24
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: actually no Justin been meaning to talk to you about that
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: there is some major noise in there
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: SOG stuff
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: all my statements about any fix for multi-prim huds on region crossing last week turned out to be completely inaccurate
[10:23] Heather ORiley: my friends list seems to work ok, i do however get odd random offline messages when im online, my toon sometimes turns into

swiss cheeze and everytime i teleport my hair changes about 4 times but other than that im good lol
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: making a spewy console mess
[10:23] Penny Lane: That's interesting. After taking my hair off, I still see my hair, but my skirt has vanished.
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: i was kind of hoping we could quiet that down a bit for a new release
[10:23] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: if you put the details in the mantis I can take a look fridya
[10:24] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: sure i havent had a chance to yet
[10:24] Fu Barr: i've been seeing group notice attachment fail miserably - is this something long standing and are we waiting for mcortez on that?
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble: nope no skirt either
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i actually have to turn log level to info or the console is useless
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: I hadn't noticed myself but my use case is quite different
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: it looks like its all SOG messages
[10:24] Andrew Hellershanks: I tried to update to r12924 in the 0.6.9-post-fixes branch the other day but robust server wouldn't connect to the db. I

was sure I had all the settings correct.
[10:24] Hiro Protagonist bruises fingers
[10:24] Greybeard Thinker: the swiss cheese effect seems common to all 1.23 code viewers
[10:24] Warin Cascabel: Group notices have not been implemented yet, as far as I know, Fu.
[10:24] Penny Lane: Actually, my hair is refusing to detach. Looks like there's a bug.
[10:25] Warin Cascabel: Attachments to them, rather
[10:25] Fu Barr: ah well that would explain the fail.
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: group notices have been working for me
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: at least, I have been reciev ing them
[10:25] Warin Cascabel: Yes, I misspoke.
[10:25] Warin Cascabel: Group notices work, but attachments to group notices do not.
[10:25] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't tried sending a group notice in a while.
[10:25] Richardus Raymaker: notices yes, group IM 80% fails the others work
[10:25] Fu Barr: notices yes, attachemnt no
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: do attachments to anything work?
[10:25] Warin Cascabel: Heh
[10:25] Richardus Raymaker: old created groups seems to work. new made ones fail with group IM for me
[10:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi all
[10:26] Fu Barr: my hair stays on most of the time...
[10:26] Eryn Galen: hi Snoopy
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: hi snoopy
[10:26] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Snoopy
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: hi snoopy
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: ah, I see penny's hair is back now
[10:26] Greybeard Thinker: hi Snoop
[10:26] Heather ORiley: I have a question about partnering, how does that go down in this world, when my husband and I tried it took us to a *le gasp*

LL website O.o
[10:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: the only kind of messaging you can really attach anything to is Group notices
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: not sure there are any other valid cases like that
[10:26] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:26] Warin Cascabel: My hair stays on mostly, but it sometimes shifts position. Sometimes it shifts position in other people's view, but looks

normal to me.
[10:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, that seems odd. I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference whether group is old or new.
[10:26] WhiteStar Magic: @ Heather Partners donn't work
[10:26] McCabe Maxsted is Online
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: heather: hmm, I wonder if that is hardcoded in the viewer
[10:26] Revolution Smythe: partners do work
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: partners?
[10:27] Greybeard Thinker: partnering is still a no go in oipensim I think Heather
[10:27] Eryn Galen: wb. Rev
[10:27] Revolution Smythe: partners do work
[10:27] Warin Cascabel: Partnering works, it just needs to be coded into the Web site.
[10:27] Penny Lane: JCC: yeah, looks like some state got lost world-side, needed re-equiping.
[10:27] Revolution Smythe: they just have to be set by admins
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: we need to make a web interface for partners
[10:27] Greybeard Thinker: ah, ty
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: how does one partner?
[10:27] Warin Cascabel: Yes, I have that planned for the 0.7 site, Nebadon.
[10:27] Revolution Smythe: its a UUID in the profile of the user
[10:27] Warin Cascabel: It's a field in the database, Justin
[10:27] McCabe Maxsted: very carefully?
[10:27] Andrew Hellershanks: Club someone on the head and drag them off by the hair?
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: ah, so not through the viewer
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: mccabe: hehe
[10:27] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[10:27] WhiteStar Magic: LOL McCabe
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: requires a set of pose balls
[10:27] Greybeard Thinker: ahoy Mac
[10:27] Eryn Galen: hey Mc :)
[10:28] Heather ORiley: lol @ Andrew
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: lol - that's what I've been doing wrong
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: oh man
[10:28] Fu Barr: who gets the divorce fees on OSgrid?
[10:28] McCabe Maxsted: ahoy all! :)
[10:28] Eryn Galen: the foundation as automatic donation?
[10:28] Heather ORiley: hello McCabe
[10:28] Revolution Smythe: hey McCabe
[10:28] Fu Barr: or was it the marriage dues - cant rememerb
[10:28] Warin Cascabel: Hello, McCabe
[10:28] Fu Barr: that actually is a good idea.
[10:29] Fu Barr: if youwant to partner t costs XX to the foundation
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: once we have a new Web Interface in place we can probabyl work on Partnering Functions
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: shouldnt be too hard
[10:29] Warin Cascabel: Dave Coyle and I have begun work on the new Web Interface; once that is in place we will be able to move to 0.7, hopefully.
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[10:29] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) 992efdc: 2010-05-30 23:57:33 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[10:29] WhiteStar Magic: @ JCC one of the issues neb & I have been fighting is region restart with login disabled till fully loaded
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: we'll just have to make a Divorce Court Plaza too
[10:29] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:30] Eryn Galen: lol
[10:30] Jack Benimble: heh heh
[10:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: good topic WhiteStart
[10:30] Heather ORiley: can I be the judge?
[10:30] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: WhiteStar* :)
[10:30] McCabe Maxsted: hahaha
[10:30] Penny Lane: Need a Woodstock Plaza too, for the less repressed :P
[10:30] Jack Benimble: cna we get Judge Judy?
[10:30] WhiteStar Magic: OpenSim Core Dev's = Judge Panel @ Divorce Court
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: whitestar: I saw melanie put in some kind of fix for that to master and 0.6.9-post-fixes
[10:30] WhiteStar Magic: Video @ NOON
[10:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: will it be possible to define a AllScriptsLoaded console script?
[10:30] Sarah Kline: i have seen one av partnered here but i dont know how they did it
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: if you spread the plaza's good you get more islands to :)
[10:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Possibly related (sort of), on a given viewer, the search results looks quite different between SL and an OS based grid.

I'd like to be able to do object searches, or at least include object results under location info. Is the different look for search a viewer thing or

is it something controlled from OS?
[10:31] Heather ORiley: that wuld be Warin
[10:31] Warin Cascabel: What would be me?
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: Justin, that fix was only partial fix
[10:31] WhiteStar Magic: OSSearch is barely operable and awaiting jump to 0.7 with teh new facilities
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: what melanie did
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: it still fails
[10:31] Heather ORiley: the one partnered av
[10:31] Heather ORiley: :)
[10:31] Warin Cascabel: Oh, right.
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: its something with Xengine I think
[10:31] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: the receiver script is just not getting the commands some times
[10:31] Revolution Smythe: XEngine has plenty of issues
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[10:32] Warin Cascabel: But I'm not the only one here. :P
[10:32] WhiteStar Magic: we really need to get that function working, it's miserable without it
[10:32] Eryn Galen: sigh, so true Rev
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: it seems worse in heavier scripted regions
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: the regions that really need regionready the most cant use it
[10:32] Heather ORiley: that my be true :p
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: what was the old behaviour and when did it break?
[10:32] Heather ORiley: may**
[10:32] WhiteStar Magic: +1 REV... it is XEngine related
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think it ever worked really
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, well... :()
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: it probably works ok in nearly empty regions
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: its when you get into teh 1000+ script range
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I think dr schofield originally did it back in the day
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: when you really need it most, thats when it brekas
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: breaks*
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes true mono can get problems if someone logs in before all scripts are loaded
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Neb big regions
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ah thats good to know, i was wondering who did it actuall
[10:33] WhiteStar Magic: on empty / light regions, it passes 80% Heavy Region Passes ONCE
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: i couldnt remember
[10:33] Andrew Hellershanks: OSSearch seems to be ok. I wouldn't mind changing it a bit to include object results but not sure how the backend and

viewer stuff interact as far as the look of the results.
[10:33] Hiro Protagonist: I'm also partnered - was the first on OSGrid (did it myself)
[10:33] Lani Global is Offline
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: its likely a threading issue
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes it is
[10:33] Heather ORiley: :)
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: not enough available threads when the message goes out
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: blocking threads
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: so it gets dropped
[10:34] Warin Cascabel: Hiro: But your partner isn't partnered. :P
[10:34] Heather ORiley: O.o
[10:34] Eryn Galen: lol Warin
[10:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: the load goes up rapidly
[10:34] Hiro Protagonist: I dont think her account even exists anymore
[10:34] Hiro Protagonist: its been that long since she logged in
[10:34] WhiteStar Magic: @ Andrew, I believe it's going all web based liek LL is now & with Viewer 2
[10:34] Heather ORiley: awwww
[10:34] Lani Global is Online
[10:34] Hiro Protagonist: besides, tis really no matter as we are married in RL *shrugs*
[10:34] Warin Cascabel: True. :)
[10:34] Heather ORiley: hehe
[10:34] Heather ORiley: thats awesome
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: there is a load peak immediately before scripts start loading; then usually mono starts having problems during startups
[10:35] WhiteStar Magic: NEB did you Mantis teh RegionStart ?
[10:35] Key Gruin is Offline
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: any idea if mono has implemented thread priority yet?
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i have not yet WhiteStar
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: dont know
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i can tell you OpenSim Does not run on Mono Trunk
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: but definitively it is a peak of thread usage
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i was trying to get it working but it just keeps failing
[10:35] Andrew Hellershanks: WhiteStar, ok. I wasn't sure if there was some code in the viewer that made things look one way in SL and differently in

an OS based grid
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: for one they have removed jscript support in mono now
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: A long time ago I looked at that as a possible solution - but at the time mono hadn't implemented any of that - not even

sure how applicable it is
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: so we had to disable jscript in opensim, but once we got past that
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ODE fails on Mono trunk also
[10:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: ah ok
[10:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: does it fail Neb?
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: you're talking the latest mono builds?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: correct todays SVN
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: opensim wont run
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: naaaaassssty
[10:36] WhiteStar Magic: Andrew, McCabe would be able to best answer the interface Q
[10:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe a bug
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: well they have removed jscript support
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: it can work again tomorrow :)
[10:37] Andrew Hellershanks: WhiteStar, ok, thanks.
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: its no longer part of mono
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: I doubt anybody was using it with opensim....
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: melanie disabled it in opensim for now
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh really?
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya me either
[10:37] Fu Barr: is it just me or is Mono really and aweful piece of code?
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya mono is pretty bad still
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: its a work in progress
[10:37] Greybeard Thinker: Mono is a bug
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: but java is still in there?
[10:37] Eryn Galen: Not just you Fu
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: its never been a final product
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: no jscript is gone from mono
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: It's too young to make a judgement
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: be that as it may, we need to remember (and reinforce for otehrs) that this is a multiplatform project, by design
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: they say there are better external modules for handling jscript
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: the CSJ2K.dll needs Mono Java support
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: so they removed support
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: ah well that sucks
[10:38] Eryn Galen: General question please: Why do we need to use Mono with Opensim?
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: we need to find a solution to that then
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: cause mono has dropped it
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: Eryn: for linux
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: and mac
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: jscript?
[10:38] Fu Barr: because the underlying libs use it and opensim itself is written in C#
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh oh
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: no Java
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: not Java Script
[10:38] Eryn Galen: Drop Linux? ;-)
[10:38] Greybeard Thinker: lol
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: no, drop windows
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: c2j2kl.dll is self contained
[10:38] Penny Lane: Drop Eryn ;-)
[10:39] Hiro Protagonist: not for all the tea in china
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: they did write it in Java 1999/2000
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: mmmm, Mono Java - I rather doubt that exists :)
[10:39] WhiteStar Magic: :P RiRa
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: it shouldnt be reliant on anything from mono or opensim really
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: well I did compile it with Mono
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: and it is Java
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: i mean the final product
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: the source might be
[10:39] WhiteStar Magic: I have Heavy Servers like Wright with traffic up for DAYS
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: but the dll shouldnt be
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: manm I'm wrong - it does exist
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: we'll see though, but its off to a bad start for now
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: the OMV ppl did add Mono development scripts
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: going to need some adjustments im sure
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: it is easy to compile with it
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: you just tried the latest mono svn recently?
[10:40] Eryn Galen: Penny: I was asking a question.. Dropping a person is not an answer
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: today Justin
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: and yesterday several machines
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: 32 and 64 bit
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: when was the last time you tried it before that?
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: cant get anythign started
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: hmm svn its been months honestly
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ive been sticking to releases lately
[10:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: btw did anybody experience any problems with my texture rezzing bug fix?
[10:41] Penny Lane: Eryn: your question was good, but your "Drop Linux? ;-)" suggested was a joke, as indicated by your wink. And so was mine :-)
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, maybe its a transient problem. They might appreciate the debug info though
[10:41] Hiro Protagonist: Eryn that is a question that will only be answered with fire here
[10:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: do all textures rez, finally?
[10:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: .
[10:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: if not I will close these tickets
[10:41] UUID Speaker: Baewyn Celara: d84f8fbb-f7fa-d8b9-c1bd-125146e32909
[10:41] Warin Cascabel: Avatar textures don't, sometimes
[10:41] Warin Cascabel: but I think that's a viewer issue
[10:41] Revolution Smythe: and JCC, IAR support is broken with opensim master
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: that is a 1.22 / 1.23 viewer incompatibility
[10:42] Warin Cascabel: I see far more difficulty in avatar texture rezzing in Imprudence than in Hippo.
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: thats a different topic
[10:42] Warin Cascabel: Yes.
[10:42] Revolution Smythe: XInventory does not like how you have the creator UUID
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: btw 1.23 still has issues
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: only snoopy have a little bit corrupted textures skin in imprudence
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: media and voice settings cannot be changed with 1.23 viewers
[10:42] Eryn Galen: Hiro: It might be thought of as bad here, but I have heard nothing but trouble in connection with Mono. Is there no alternative?
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: besides a white nova
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: and huge textures still have problems with 1.23
[10:42] Revolution Smythe: .net is an alternative :P
[10:43] Warin Cascabel: There isn't, Eryn. If you want to run OpenSim on Linux, you need Mono.
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: revolution:mfff, ok
[10:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: looks like some different data transfer for huge textures
[10:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: or flow control
[10:43] Revolution Smythe: i have a fix for that as well
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:43] Penny Lane: Eryn: the longer answer is that if Opensim were to go Window-only, it would in short order be rewritten in a portable language (or

a fork would lose the MS dependencies). Neither alternative is good for Opensim's future.
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: how can .net be alternativ rev ?
[10:43] McCabe Maxsted hopes that will improve soon, warin.... we finaly have fixes for rainbow textures and bumpmap objects crashing. Sti need to do

a lot of testing though
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I was in the course of re-enabling the iar tests so I'm sure I will find out in due course
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: what mono version are people having issues with?
[10:43] Warin Cascabel: Great to hear, McCabe.
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: Penny, windows is not so good available on servers and more expensive. so windows is a bad choice anyway.
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: McCabe any clues on the audio track issue in video streams?
[10:44] Eryn Galen: Not true Rich
[10:44] Hiro Protagonist: there are no bad operating system choices - there are only those you make
[10:44] Andrew Hellershanks: Snoopy, I've been seing problems related to voice chat for a while too.
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: well, windows is difficult to use .. thats a fact :P
[10:44] Hiro Protagonist: you may choose poorly, but that is -you- not the operating system
[10:44] Greybeard Thinker: ??
[10:44] Penny Lane: Rich: well I don't want to go pro one or the other. I'm just saying that portability is good for Opensim's future.
[10:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Andrew
[10:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.23 viewers have some compatibility issues with opensim
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: thats right penny
[10:45] Hiro Protagonist: personally, I dont like windows - and that is a profound understatement
[10:45] Hiro Protagonist: but I use it
[10:45] Eryn Galen: Penny: agreed
[10:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.22 is still the best
[10:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: but that is old
[10:45] Dahlia Trimble: I like windows but it has it's annoyances
[10:45] Eryn Galen: Fact Rich: over 80 Percent of PCs are windows operating system
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: Desktops yes, servers no
[10:45] Penny Lane: Eryn: another statistic: 90% of everything is crap.
[10:46] Greybeard Thinker: latest Imprudence weekly is 1.23 based and it's pretty damned good
[10:46] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: :))
[10:46] Hiro Protagonist: being a statistic, that is almost certainly either a lie or a damnned lie
[10:46] Eryn Galen: Penny: including Opensim?
[10:46] Warin Cascabel: Argument from numbers is a logical fallacy. After all, what do trillions of flies eat?
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: there is no right and wrong there really
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: does anybody know the protocol differences between 1.22 and 1.23 SL viewers? they have not been implemented in opensim

propertly till now
[10:46] WhiteStar Magic: this is not an Operating System discussion is it ?
[10:46] Hiro Protagonist: Eryn, you are bordering on disruptive
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: heh ok well lets not get off track with operating systems just use what works best for you
[10:46] WhiteStar Magic: opensim YES ??
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: its personal choice
[10:46] Warin Cascabel: Agreed, Nebadon.
[10:46] Revolution Smythe: Hiro: how is Eryn being disruptive?
[10:46] Revolution Smythe: it is her opinion
[10:47] Greybeard Thinker: hmmmm
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: this meeting isnt about discussing what Operating System is better
[10:47] Hiro Protagonist: this is not a platofrm for free expression of opionions
[10:47] Richardus Raymaker: at least some dev, mono or opensim seems to have some more homework
[10:47] Hiro Protagonist: this is an opensiom office hours meeting
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe better not :)
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: whatever you choose is what you choose cause it works best for you
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: BeOS FTW!
[10:47] Warin Cascabel: Anyway, back to OpenSim... has anyone running version 0.7 encountered a situation where logging in produces a handful of

"Ignoring a repeated UseCircuitCode" messages, then the client disconnects with the message "We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem

with your internet connection or the servers" ?
[10:47] Revolution Smythe: well Hiro, there are lots of other people talking about operating systems and mono as well
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we are testing them all to try to make it work best
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: lets all use PC-DOS
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: ;)
[10:47] Penny Lane: Opensim is in alpha, undergoing deep heart surgery, and will be so for quite a while yet. Criticising it because of some perceived

flakiness (whether related to Mono or not) just doesn't make sense.
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: telling people to change OS when we are here to try to make things work better isnt an option
[10:48] Revolution Smythe: we can critize opensim if we wish
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: we need to make OpenSim work good everywhere
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: Revolution: -you- are borddering on being disruptive
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: the vast majority of problems are to do with opensim rather than the os, so it's a rather pointless discussion
[10:48] Dahlia Trimble: only problem I've had with 0.7 lately is it doesnt want to save scripts when using sqlite on windows
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: let it go.
[10:48] Revolution Smythe: Dahlia: thats a prim inventory issue with the new SQLite plugin
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: Warin: yes, I have seen that too
[10:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: did anybody hear my 1.22/1.23 question? that is a serious opensim topic
[10:49] Warin Cascabel: Do you know what the solution is, Hiro?
[10:49] Dahlia Trimble: so it's not jsut scripts?
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: if there is a particular issue thats effecting one operating system or another lets talk about it, but debating what is better,

leave it for after this emeting
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: what was it?
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: we even do not support 1.23 properly yet
[10:49] Warin Cascabel: I don't know the protocol differences, Snoopy, sorry.
[10:49] Penny Lane rewinds for Snoopy's Q
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: Warin, I think we had it sorted, but all our 0.7 stuff is pure testing, so I'm afraid I dont recall what the solution was
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: well with 1.23 viewers media and voice settings cannot be changed
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: I havent logged in to the box in a couple weeks
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: and huge textures do not load completely - really huge ones
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: with 1.22 that's ok
[10:49] Warin Cascabel: Hiro: If you do recall it, please let me know - I can't get logged in either in standalone mode or connected to a simian

[10:50] Warin Cascabel: An 0.6.9-post-fixes installation on the same box gives me no trouble.
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: i will try a standalone later too
[10:50] Dahlia Trimble: anyonw know of a mantis for the sqlite prim inventory issue?
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: see if i can get it working
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: so there are some differences between 1.22 and 1.33
[10:50] Hiro Protagonist: I'm digging in my head Warin I'll let you know if I turn anything up
[10:50] Revolution Smythe: dahlia: there is one
[10:50] Warin Cascabel: Thanks, Hiro.
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: and 1.33 does not work properly yet
[10:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia, someone pointed to 4739 earlier
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.23 I mean
[10:50] McCabe Maxsted: I figured out why 1.23 can't change voice settings
[10:50] McCabe Maxsted: but the media surprises me
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes McCable
[10:51] McCabe Maxsted: does it not work on the latest imprudence weekly, if anyone's tried it?
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: McCabe was it changing to PG MATURE ADULT?
[10:51] Fu Barr: snoopy: media and volume settings seem to work fine on my hippo .6.3 - i was scripting llSetParcelMedia and all that - works fine -

or me not understanding your W.
[10:51] McCabe Maxsted: no
[10:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I assigned 4739 to myself but if anybody wants to fix/patch it in the meantime please feel free :)
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: to get sim audio?
[10:51] McCabe Maxsted: it was region info not being sent
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes in all viewers based on 1.23 these things do not work
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: i noticed when i changed Imprudence to PG MATURE ADULT i got all sound back
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: accept the video track
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: did you use About Land?
[10:51] McCabe Maxsted: opensim ony sends the voice enabled info for the parcel, but 1.23-based viewers detect it using the region
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: Media tab?
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[10:52] Key Gruin is Online
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: is that the difference McCabe?
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: atleast your finding something
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: parcel versus region?
[10:52] McCabe Maxsted: yup
[10:52] Revolution Smythe is Online
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: but you can always define the voice area as parcel or region
[10:53] McCabe Maxsted isn't sure what's going on there on the opensim end, but that's the viewer part
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: I installed Meerkat viewer 0.3 RC2 (10) and it has an audio track on my videos
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure if the source is around anymore for meerkat though
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: how does that work hm
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: i cant run hippo 0.6.3
[10:53] Simpy Merryman is Offline
[10:53] Andrew Hellershanks: McCabe, I'm finding that but even when I go to a parcel where the estate says voice chat is enabled, I'm not getting

voice a lot of the time.
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: Andrew try for example voice on Samsara
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: or here
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: textures also have issues
[10:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Snoopy, what is Samsara?
[10:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: huge ones
[10:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.22 loads them properly, but they stay blurred on 1.23 viewers
[10:54] Fu Barr: andrew: ehhh sin;t voice a pronlem in all cases - untill mumble gets implemented?
[10:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, probably
[10:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: my shopping region - it has voice enabled
[10:54] Eryn Galen: wb. Rev
[10:54] Revolution Smythe: ty
[10:54] greyhat newman: as the latest version a problem
[10:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: Freeswitch
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: you crashing on those lag spikes Rev?
[10:54] Fu Barr: snoopy: via freeswitch?
[10:54] Greybeard Thinker: hiyagain rev
[10:54] greyhat newman: or is it my setu up ?
[10:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: yep Fu
[10:54] Revolution Smythe: yep nebadon
[10:54] McCabe Maxsted wonders if that's because the estate window is getting bad information or not
[10:55] Fu Barr: we tried setting up freeswitch we gave up - simply didn;t want to work
[10:55] Andrew Hellershanks: I've gone through setting up Freeswitch per the instructions I've found but it still doesn't give me voice in most

[10:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: really Fu?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya i noticed everytime you crash there is a corresponding lag spike
[10:55] Fu Barr: yeah me with andrew on this one - - freeswitch is beyond painful
[10:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: did you follow the instructions on
[10:55] McCabe Maxsted hasn't tried voice on OS. I'd love to add mumble one of these days
[10:55] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, I haven't been able to tell if the problem is due to OS bug(s) or config issue.
[10:55] Eryn Galen: Is it possible that Estate and about Land have different info?
[10:55] WhiteStar Magic: Can't wait till Mumble can be supported in Viewers
[10:55] McCabe Maxsted: yeah they do
[10:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: new freeswitch versions need these authentication settings
[10:55] Andrew Hellershanks: Or possibly a view thing as well.
[10:56] Fu Barr: we tried on dedicated boxes, on boxes in and out of firewalls we checked the logs 600 times.
[10:56] Fu Barr: we couln't figure it out
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, Snoopy, which version of OS were you using. I've been trying with 1.0.4.
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: my viewer has a mumble voice module hehe
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: but we still test it
[10:56] Andrew Hellershanks: mumble voice module?
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: ubuntu 9.10
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: yep
[10:56] McCabe Maxsted: about land mostly finds parcel settings, but it also tries to check if the region overrides 'em. If part of about land isn't

working, it's a sign that the region info isn't there uslaly
[10:56] Nova Ridge: can all references to sl in ini be removed soon?
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: we have it running on some standalones
[10:57] Fu Barr: opensim version .6.9-post-fixes
[10:57] Andrew Hellershanks: mumble as in you don't want to say what it is, or that is what its called?
[10:57] McCabe Maxsted: *usually. Lord, can't type this morning, haha
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: with speaker indication
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: join the club
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: more info will follow soon
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: probably next week
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: cant wait to see Snoopy
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: yep
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: our Vivox account stopped working
[10:57] Fu Barr: yeah mumble integration for opensim will be stellar
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: and they have not returned any of our emails
[10:58] Penny Lane gives McCabe a Typing+5 skills cookie
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: so we really still dont know whats going on there
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: but id honestly rather be done with Vivox at this point
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: and using something open
[10:58] Fu Barr: yeah
[10:58] McCabe Maxsted: omnomnom...
[10:58] Penny Lane chuckles
[10:58] Penny Lane: Neb++
[10:58] Snoopy Pfeffer: well it needs a replacement for SLVoice.exe
[10:58] Fu Barr: freeswtich needs to go back to being a pbx, and vivox well thanks but no thanks
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya i havent even bothered with freeswitch
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: not enough control
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: cant tell whos talking
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: its a nightmare
[10:59] Andrew Hellershanks: ah... there is something called mumble in sourceforge. Perhaps I'll see if that makes any difference.
[10:59] Heather ORiley: that could be dangerous
[10:59] Greybeard Thinker: that's why its free Neb
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: especailly when the "breather" arrives
[10:59] Heather ORiley: lol
[10:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: we want to add some automatic switching between the different voice implementations
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: lol -the "breather!"
[10:59] Heather ORiley: the mic eater
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: otherwise you need different viewer for each voice implementation
[10:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: wow much lag
[10:59] Fu Barr: eh... if mumble 'just works' why the need for switching?
[11:00] WhiteStar Magic:
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya, memory usage is getting up there glad we were able to make the full hour though
[11:00] Warin Cascabel: Because not all regions might implement mumble, Fu.
[11:00] Warin Cascabel: Some might choose something different.
[11:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: well here are regions without voice, some with vivox, otherse with freeswitch and in the future some with mumble
[11:00] Fu Barr: ned - dont say stuff like that... you just give greybeard more anti -mono ammo :))
[11:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: and you want to move arround and simply use voice
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:00] Greybeard Thinker: hmmmm?
[11:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: independent how it is implemented
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey farts noisily
[11:01] Fu Barr: warin: well then 'gently' operuade those regions to move to mumble once it's out there and stable.
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: with this kind of load your pushing the boundries of both sides of the coin
[11:01] Heather ORiley: O.o
[11:01] Heather ORiley: that might be worse than the breather Justin! lol
[11:02] Fu Barr: justing you are regular like clockwork... :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:02] Eryn Galen: I think if you put a recommendation for mumble out there, a lot would follow that rather than try something else Neb
[11:02] Warin Cascabel: That might be doable for a closed grid, Fu, but pretty much impossible to enforce here.
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: at least it's not audio :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ya at this point im not chasing after vivox
[11:02] Heather ORiley: true it was an e-fart
[11:02] Fu Barr: fair enough. switching it is then
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: my goal is to test Snoopys Mumble module
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: heather: lol
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: and if it works we'll promote it
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: they will offer voice - just voice - for about US$ per month and region hehe
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: actually, I did do that in real-life as well, for synchronicity's sake
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: but theres still a lot of testing to do
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: sure Neb
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: bbiab
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: Vivox is far too expensive
[11:02] Greybeard Thinker: a single homolugated implemention in opensim and viewers would be the ideal
[11:03] Heather ORiley: LOL - at least we didnt see particles O.o
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: muble already poosible for grid ?
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: after testing
[11:03] WhiteStar Magic: you can also run your own voice server if you wish with Mumble
[11:03] Fu Barr: ewwwwww :(
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya not only expensive, but they dont seem to be getting back to anyone
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: not to us
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: not to people asking about pricing
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I'm sure you can get particle farters on the LL grid
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Snoopy, I'll be interested to try Mumble if it makes it easier to get Voice working in a grid.
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes they only care for big customers
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: bbiab... RL calling.
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: my guess is they have abandoned Opensim as a profit center
[11:03] Heather ORiley: I dont doubt that lol
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: like SL and other big games companies
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: they would probably jsut rather not deal with it
[11:03] Heather ORiley: on that grid you should be able to fart Lindens
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: sure
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: we work on it hard
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: it needs a certain quaility
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: No need to go to the LL grid, Justin; Oddball's got one here.
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: and some additional features
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: voice is great and all, but its still not real popular
[11:04] Heather ORiley: lol
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: otherwise you all just send us many trouble reports hehe
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: is no one was actually talking on it
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i can tell you one reason Vivox probably shut us off
[11:04] Greybeard Thinker: +Neb
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: we had it on for 1 full year
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i honestly dont think anyone was using it
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes many dont like voice
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: what is strange
[11:04] Hiro Protagonist: time for me to fly folks
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: Why would Vivox care if anyone used it or not, as long as they got paid?
[11:05] Hiro Protagonist waves
[11:05] Warin Cascabel: Bye, Hiro
[11:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: but business customers need it
[11:05] Lani Global: skype voice works
[11:05] Greybeard Thinker: those that do are usually a bit on the doofus side I've found
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: we werent paying them Warin
[11:05] Qandy Saw: i do like voice - i thnink its Important
[11:05] Warin Cascabel: Oh.
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: they were evaluating us
[11:05] WhiteStar Magic: Bye Hiro
[11:05] Warin Cascabel: Well, then.
[11:05] Eryn Galen: bye Hiro
[11:05] Heather ORiley: Bye Hiro nice to meet you
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: no doubt
[11:05] McCabe Maxsted: take care Hiro :)
[11:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Hiro
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: why it was free
[11:05] Hiro Protagonist is Offline
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: warin: wow - must be apopular item then
[11:05] Warin Cascabel: Educational users are also in favor of voice.
[11:05] Fu Barr: bye hiro
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: we had a gratis 20,000 user Vivox account
[11:05] Fu Barr: yeah RL users like voice.
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: that they just shut off without warning
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: and have not returned our emails since
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: that's not very professional at all
[11:05] Lani Global: doesn't skype now have an app we could interface with?
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya not at all
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: but i care not
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: their loss
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: not ours
[11:06] Revolution Smythe: Lani: realxtend had a skype plugin at one point
[11:06] Revolution Smythe: intheir old viewer
[11:06] Lani Global: yeah.
[11:06] McCabe Maxsted: I remember that
[11:06] Lani Global: might be a solution
[11:06] McCabe Maxsted: doesn't skype have an 8 user limit though on group calls?
[11:06] Revolution Smythe: no
[11:07] Revolution Smythe: ive had over 10 before
[11:07] Revolution Smythe: unless its a new restriction anyway
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: realxtend were talking about mumble integration at one poitn but no idea where that is
[11:07] greyhat newman: well sl as limt of 25
[11:07] McCabe Maxsted is probably thinking of an old version
[11:07] Revolution Smythe: realxtend has a mumble module
[11:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: they have it running
[11:07] Revolution Smythe: its built in with naali and taiga
[11:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: in their latest Naali version
[11:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: but compiling Naali is "fun" hehe
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: works well?
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: voice, its one chicken farm. with chat you can read back and its easyer to udnerstand or use translator. last thinbg dont

work with voice
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: I could not try it yet
[11:08] Revolution Smythe: Naali was easy to compile
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya fun is a good term
[11:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: they have horrible dependencies
[11:08] Lani Global: problem with skype audio would be that the "conference starter" provides all the bandwidth for everyone
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i had QT issues in Win7 x64
[11:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: compiling opensim is a piece of cake compared to Naali
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i really need to try again though
[11:08] Fu Barr is amazed how you guys keep up with everything out there... how you you juggle the time between building/codeing and following

[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: skype want advertising some way in skype
[11:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:08] Warin Cascabel: Simple, Fu, put the cricket game on a different monitor.
[11:08] Greybeard Thinker: we don't like cricket as much?
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: I cling on by my fingernails
[11:09] Fu Barr: dont like cricket?
[11:09] Lani Global: video on a prim.
[11:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: cricket needs to much time ;)
[11:09] Fu Barr: pfff impossible
[11:09] Warin Cascabel: Only if you're trying to understand it, Snoopy. :)
[11:09] Greybeard Thinker: never did like cricket sorry
[11:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe I try too much hehe
[11:09] Eryn Galen: hey Little Sis
[11:09] Fu Barr: on that happy note of time contraints... actually i want to do a small spammette here...
[11:10] Fu Barr: have set up a region for speedbuilds
[11:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: Lani Global found a bug: we can create link sets with Linden plants, what should not be allowed
[11:10] Fu Barr: i see there's anotice here for the sunday 10 am thing - but hear it's defunct
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: thats a bug?
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hehe aww
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: i use that alot
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:10] Revolution Smythe: thats not really a bug
[11:10] Lani Global: i consider it a feature.
[11:10] WhiteStar Magic: it's a Feature Snoopy
[11:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: because normal prims in that link set switch between visible/invisible if that link set is moved
[11:10] Eryn Galen: +1 White
[11:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: there is a viewer problem
[11:10] Warin Cascabel: You want to run speedbuilds, Fu, please go ahead.
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya it does make for interesting linksets for sure
[11:10] Fu Barr: i do
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: they can be hard to move
[11:10] Greybeard Thinker: I fooled around with lbsa71's Linden treehack some time back, that was fun
[11:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: it would be a feature if the viewer could do that
[11:11] Fu Barr: i'm just not sure what a good time slot is - any suggestions?
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, I need to go do some work. Bye folks
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i actually have linden plants linked toggehter here on Wright Plaza
[11:11] Revolution Smythe: bye JCC
[11:11] Fu Barr: bye JCC :)
[11:11] Eryn Galen: bye Justin
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ok Justin, thanks for coming
[11:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: it is funny that in SL silently such link sets are not created
[11:11] Greybeard Thinker: seeya Justin
[11:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Justin
[11:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: without an error message
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: man these hours keep getting shorter
[11:11] WhiteStar Magic: Take Care JCC
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: but just plants Neb
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: add normal prims
[11:12] Lani Global: linden plants have a unique place in our environment!
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe just such mixes are a bad idea
[11:12] McCabe Maxsted: so that's a feature not a bug? and probably not going to change anytime soon?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hmm i'll have to try it out
[11:12] Revolution Smythe: the server doesn't care what you link together
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes do that
[11:12] McCabe Maxsted: the viewer has different rules for linden plants, which is why I ask
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure i linked to real prims
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: the normal prims behave funny hehe
[11:12] Revolution Smythe: so its not a problem server side at all
[11:12] Greybeard Thinker: I know Linden plants near region borders cause mucho lag here
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i have seen people with tree hair though
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:13] Revolution Smythe: lol
[11:13] WhiteStar Magic: why not be able to link them, makes sense to have the ability, must be anotehr erason why not
[11:13] Lani Global: i like it.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: another thing though
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: btw the SL 1.23 viewer does not allow to select the kind of plant, what is very strange
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: if we are going by LL protocol
[11:13] Lani Global: i make pancaked layers of region levels with them
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: you actually can not rez LL plants on land you dont own
[11:13] Greybeard Thinker: better to hack them ans make them into a "normal" scriptable prim
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: you just can rez one kind of tree and one kind of grass
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: if you want to get all technical about it :P
[11:14] McCabe Maxsted: the viewer counts linden plants as only one prim, too
[11:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: heehe
[11:14] Heather ORiley: i have a question that might be racey, but is there way to get *MY* builds from secondlife into OSG? without having to totally

rebuild them and upload all the textures again individually? I tried Meerkat for the export /import thing but it hates me
[11:14] Sarah Kline: i could make a fern skirt
[11:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe SL drops these plants
[11:14] Eryn Galen: hehe Sarah
[11:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: it is strange that that selection box did disabppear
[11:14] McCabe Maxsted: someone could make a sim full of linden plants and abuse the prim system
[11:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: disappear*
[11:14] Lani Global: you can separately control the motion of linden plants viewing in wind
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: LL plants are nice. if you stay under it. drom distance im not so happy with it
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Lani :)
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:15] Lani Global: hi snoopy....
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: thanks for finding that bug
[11:15] WhiteStar Magic: LOL Try the Tree Module, It's a Blast and can wipe outt a region
[11:15] Greybeard Thinker: no Linden plants at all on our regionjs
[11:15] Revolution Smythe: its not a bug
[11:15] Warin Cascabel: Heather, the best option is probably Second Inventory; Imprudence does do import/export, but I heard something about image

exporting being disabled - but McCabe can certainly tell you if that's true or not.
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: Interesting to hear that people aren't (?) using voice much. I'm getting some comments that people want voice.
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: try prims and trees as link set Revolution
[11:15] Lani Global: i like using voice
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: hi lani
[11:15] Fu Barr: ehhh me used meerkat and imprudence with great succes when needed.
[11:16] Fu Barr: for import export that is
[11:16] Eryn Galen: People dont use voice because hardly any region has it
[11:16] Fu Barr: just one bit tip...
[11:16] Revolution Smythe: not a server side bug, just depends on whether you want to follow how Sl does everything
[11:16] Warin Cascabel: Viewer-based import/export doesn't do prim contents, though.
[11:16] McCabe Maxsted: yeah. Due to the TPV, we disabled image export from SL for versions 1.3 b3 and up
[11:16] Eryn Galen: New users keep asking for voice though
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: osgrid residents often even do not ask for voice
[11:16] Warin Cascabel: Thanks, McCabe.
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: standalones need it
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Eryn, that seems to be what I'm seeing.
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think the public voice is less popular
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: but if people had voice on their own private nooks
[11:16] Lani Global: voice seems to be a lot more popular with the younger people
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: thats what they really want
[11:16] Eryn Galen: Snoopy: OSgrid residents are used to no voice being around
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: Heather, Second Inventory isyour best bet. You can use a viewer with import/export but they usually don't handle prim

[11:17] Greybeard Thinker: some of us don't want it in our regions at all
[11:17] Heather ORiley: is that a program that you have to purchase?
[11:17] WhiteStar Magic: Only Kicker with Texture Upload on Viewer, is that it's teh UUIID and not teh Texture Name
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: McGabe no texture export anymore. so photots textures etc cannot be savd and edit. oh that will people love in sl
[11:17] Greybeard Thinker: points to self
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: ohh ???
[11:17] WhiteStar Magic: It's a PAIN to sort them out
[11:17] Fu Barr: big PAIN
[11:17] McCabe Maxsted: just for textured prims. You can still do File > Save As
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: Heather, yes it is. Its about L$6000 for the single avatar version and about twice that for multi-avatar version.
[11:17] Warin Cascabel: Usually when I find a poulous SL sim that isn't merely inhabited by bots, it's people standing around chatting over voice.
[11:17] Lani Global: hippo works good for export from SL of your own creations with your own textures and import to osg
[11:17] McCabe Maxsted: actually, the next feature on my todo list is a bulk texture exporter
[11:18] WhiteStar Magic: I was Talking about XML Export/Import
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: Heather,
[11:18] Lani Global: yes, xml
[11:18] Heather ORiley: eh its not worth 6K linden to me, actually its not even worth signing back into second life LOL ill just rebuild new creations

[11:18] Heather ORiley: i woul rather donate to OSG
[11:18] Fu Barr: yay!!! Heather get's a Prize for Fabness!
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:19] McCabe Maxsted: I can't legally tell you that you can exported textured prims with an imprudence version that's below 1.3 b3, mind you
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Heather, I bought the single avatar version using money I earned in SL so, in a way, it didn't cost me anything. It has

been useful to copy some things to an OS grid
[11:19] Warin Cascabel: Heh
[11:19] Greybeard Thinker: same Andrew
[11:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: well exporting from SL is nearly not possible anymore
[11:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: you need to be the creator of every single piece of your objects
[11:20] Greybeard Thinker: Eryn and I build on our home sims and use SI to restore to this grid
[11:20] Lani Global: export will strip any nonself textures
[11:20] McCabe Maxsted: does SI do creator checks?
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Snoopy, they are trying to restrict it to things you made yourself to avoid copyright issues.
[11:20] Greybeard Thinker: yes
[11:20] Warin Cascabel: It does, McCabe.
[11:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: if you use one full perm texture you bought, you cannot export it anymore
[11:20] McCabe Maxsted: ah good to know
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: i think this days since new TOS SI is not usefull or at least gives you problems. not tried it anymore. what happend if 1

texture is not on your creator name ?
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: right snoopy, thats what i mean
[11:20] Warin Cascabel: Haven't used it in months.
[11:20] Lani Global: it replaces it with plywood textrure
[11:20] Heather ORiley: i believe as long as it is full permission it doesnt matter
[11:20] Lani Global: if it is not your own texture, you get plywood
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: SI is supposed to be coming out with a release that fits with the new SL TOS (if they haven't already)
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: i dont see any need for SI, not anymore.
[11:21] Penny Lane: Ignore SL, they're holding everything back. Make your stuff here and import it to SL if you must, not the other way.
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: well content developers should better develop new things in opensim worlds
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: after that you import it into SL and sell it
[11:21] Eryn Galen: Heather: SI will not backup anything that is not fully yours
[11:21] Penny Lane: Snoopy++
[11:21] Eryn Galen: not from SL
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: this way you really keep your IP rights
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: Heater, sofar i know viewers and software may not export objects that have other name as creator
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: LL does not really guarantee IP rights
[11:21] Heather ORiley: well they were my creations, but honestly i can come up with bigger and better things in a less volatile world lol
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: read their legal clauses
[11:21] Fu Barr wonders how to import his future 30k mega castle into SL...
[11:21] Greybeard Thinker: they do, but only theirs
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: they differ much from what they say all the time
[11:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: LL says all belong to us.
[11:22] Fu Barr: 30k prim that is...
[11:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Fu that might be tricky
[11:22] Lani Global: ll now has barred all the stuff that people gave to public domain there, from being exported
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, that would be a problem as SL doesn't handle more than 15k prims
[11:22] Sarah Kline: it will cost you a lot in texture uploads lol
[11:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Lani
[11:22] Penny Lane: LL denies IP rights --- if you import a Creative Commons asset for example, they deny anyone else the right to export it.
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, they also won't handle the mega prims you might use in your castle
[11:22] McCabe Maxsted: yeah, it sucks. Especially if you used megaprims in your build that you didn't create
[11:22] Lani Global: yes, the megaprims got me.
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:23] Fu Barr: oh my... well it just sounds like the Linden Grid is just a pile of useless....
[11:23] Eryn Galen: hehe
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ya even 10.1 is a mega prim
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:23] Fu Barr: who knew...
[11:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: Fu maybe you can order a special deluxe region from LL that support 30'000 prims: setup costs US$ 5000, monthly costs US$ 1000
[11:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe ;)
[11:23] Warin Cascabel: What a bargain!
[11:23] Greybeard Thinker: lol
[11:23] Penny Lane: lol
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: whooo. <drops from chair>
[11:23] Fu Barr: come on guys, the linden grid is fast becoming irrelevant to us on the other grids... i recon the less said about it the better
[11:24] Greybeard Thinker: the what grid?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: hey you could always build your entire sim out of temp rezzers
[11:24] Fu Barr: exactly
[11:24] Lani Global: a lot of people get their first taste of virtual world there, and then later appear here with an SL 2.0 viewer
[11:24] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:24] Heather ORiley: lol
[11:24] Eryn Galen: I would love to get more independent from there in Opensim
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: LL is just good enough for some bla bla bla bla
[11:24] Heather ORiley: lol @ temp rezzers
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:24] Warin Cascabel: Actually, I found a visit to SL last night to be very instructive on just how much we've surpassed them in a number of ways.
[11:24] Warin Cascabel: Such as sculpted-prim meshing, which they don't do at all.
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: call it Blinky Town
[11:24] Eryn Galen: hehe Warin
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: lol
[11:24] Heather ORiley: *slaps you* for logging into SL! lol
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: :)
[11:24] McCabe Maxsted: <3 opensim sculpties
[11:24] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Neb
[11:25] Lani Global: i love sculpted prim meshing collision surfaces... fantastic
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: hehe i miss temp rezzers
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: well the meshes will be a big thing in SL soon
[11:25] Marga String: hi all
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: opensim sculpties are so nice. the sl ones are so frustrating. if you can stay on it
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Fu, SL gets people interested in grids. Then you can show them what can be done in an OS based one.
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: you miss lag rezzers?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: the amazing amount of effor to squeeze in a few more prims
[11:25] Fu Barr: hewwo Marga
[11:25] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Marga
[11:25] Greybeard Thinker: hi Marg
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: but probably then they will force ppl to use the new viewer only
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: for aboslutely no other reason than you could
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: the "I need twice as many clicks" 2.x viewer
[11:26] Greybeard Thinker: lol
[11:26] McCabe Maxsted: by the way, this was mentioned earlier in our irc channel and in #opensim, but we'd really like to support some sort of

slurl-type system for os grids
[11:26] Eryn Galen: Never even tried it... Since I dont go "there"
[11:26] Marga String: emergency meeting?
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: dahlia, the lag rezzers you dont feel it. still to much lag many time sby default
[11:26] Lani Global: what about Z space parcelling? do you think we can ever have it in os?
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: I did Eryn
[11:26] Patrice Coulon is Online
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: lag is a fuature for sl
[11:26] Penny Lane: Like they "forced" people to use V2 because of Media on a Prim? Except that nobody remotely sane uses V2, haha :-)
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: for some weeks
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: now I am back using the old version
[11:26] Fu Barr: would sunday 1200 GMT be a good time for the speedbuild events?
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.23
[11:26] Lani Global: z space is a lot bigger than xy
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: .
[11:26] Lani Global: and it makes more sense for partitioning for skybox users
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: well today we also have lag here
[11:27] Fu Barr: oops so it's lag not me crashing -
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya but its free lag!!
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: everyone grab a handfull
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: McCabe please call it OSlurl
[11:27] Eryn Galen: lol Neb
[11:27] Dahlia Trimble: SL or OpenSim, if you want more lag, temp rezzers is a good way to get it
[11:27] Eryn Galen: OSurl, then
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm OsUrl
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: McCabe, osurl?
[11:27] Lani Global: so,parcel a Z space...
[11:27] Penny Lane feels generous and shares her free lag with everybody
[11:27] McCabe Maxsted: well new world grid has this defined already:
[11:27] Lani Global: level from 1000m to 2000m could be one parcel
[11:27] Greybeard Thinker: ty Penny
[11:28] Penny Lane grins
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: btw I saw that there are still memory leaks in the physics engine ODE
[11:28] Greybeard Thinker: I seemed to be missing out on the lag
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: did anybody else also experience that?
[11:28] Warin Cascabel: What, memory leaks?
[11:28] Lani Global: yes a big freeze lag
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: if physics are used very intensively that matters
[11:28] Warin Cascabel: Oh, that
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: how do you know it's in ODE?
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: possible Snoopy
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: well I saw that physics were used very much
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: ive noticed my racer isnt working to well lately
[11:29] Lani Global: <<<<test case for phys engine
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: but smaller less primmy ones were not as bad
[11:29] McCabe Maxsted likes the format, but I don't know who's doing what where with regards to the problem
[11:29] Eryn Galen: hehe Lani
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: and that did cause memory increase
[11:29] Fu Barr: right 1200 GMT it is. will put it in the events calender
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: ah ok
[11:29] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) 992efdc: 2010-05-30 23:57:33 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, what happened to your racer?
[11:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: build some tunnel using a hollow prim and let a vehicle move in that tunnel all the time
[11:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: then you see memory leaking
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: not sure exactly, but it seems really laggy anymore
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: oh
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: i just moved my server from windows to linux though
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: so i took a pretty big performance hit
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: mono is killing me at the moment
[11:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe it is the handling of collisions
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: It doesn't work as well in a Linux box?
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, due to Mono.
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: well its mono
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:31] Eryn Galen: no comment Neb, or I´m disruptive
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: mono works best for me
[11:31] Greybeard Thinker: looks skywards and whistles
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ya im kind of bouncing through it right now trying to figure out where its breaking
[11:31] WhiteStar Magic: lol
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: it seems like its Xengine is the worst right now with mono
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: next would be physics
[11:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: I use Mono 2.7 r151702
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: well actually windows works best, but I dont have a windows server of my own
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: but physics is probably acting badly because of xengine
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: is my thoery
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: i tried todays mono SVN
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: opensim does not run
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ODE fails
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: opensim wont even start
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: my version if from Feb 13
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: it compiles fine
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but it just doesnt run
[11:32] Eryn Galen: hey Armin
[11:32] McCabe Maxsted: ahoy armin!
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats pretty old thats about when i probably tried it last too
[11:32] Armin Weatherwax: hi :)
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but 4 months in mono thats a lot of changes
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: hi armin
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Armin
[11:33] WhiteStar Magic: hey Armin
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: needs wider testing for sure
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes true
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: thigns are changing there
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: I have Mono but havne't run OS in standalone mode on this machine for a whilel
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: they removed jscript like i said
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: did the say why >
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: I will try the new version when I move to 0.7
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: they are probably gutting non-essentials trying to slim it up a bit
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: ?\
[11:33] Lani Global: Is there any plan to develop "Damage" better?
[11:34] control break: hello ^^
[11:34] Eryn Galen: hi control
[11:34] Greybeard Thinker: hi control
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: they claim there are much higher performing external jscript modules for mono
[11:34] Warin Cascabel: Hello, control
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: Mono is in lots of modules on my machine
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: Lani did you talk with Christy?
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: 1 less thing they gotta maintain i guess
[11:34] Lani Global: not yet
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: she uses damage
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: k
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: 42 different packages for Mono under Ubuntu 10.04
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: anyone have any games with OpenSim?
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: onOSGrid?
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: one i like to call musical plazas dahlia
[11:35] McCabe Maxsted: like singo?
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: i run around restarting all the plazas
[11:35] McCabe Maxsted: *slingo
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: Dahlia some roleplays are built at the moment
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: 35 of them are mono library packages
[11:35] McCabe Maxsted: haha neb
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: and when the music stops i cry :P
[11:35] WhiteStar Magic: LOL Neb
[11:35] control break: Dahlia I have two casual games running on OS
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: dunno, any kind of game
[11:35] Eryn Galen: lol Neb
[11:35] control break: oh, you mean RPG ?
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: I have a towers of Hanoi
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: RPG, sure
[11:36] Dahlia Trimble: or MMO like
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: OS is a game trying to make everything work ;-)
[11:37] Disconnected from in-world Voice Chat

Personal tools
About This Wiki