Chat log from the meeting on 2009-05-26

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 19:26, 3 March 2012 by MakoBot (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

Visitor List:
Nebadon Izumi
Kitto Flora
Brent Seidel
Starky Rubble
Astro Biology
Richardus Raymaker
BlueWall Slade
paulie Flomar
Fly Man
Penny Lane
Static Sprocket
Mystical Demina
Governor Hippo
M1sha Dallin
Master Dubrovna
Ideia Boa
Robert Graf
Tiffany Sicling
Marcus Llewellyn
DJ Jenns
Monk Zymurgy
tx Oh
Sherlock Reinard
Alex Wood
Philippe Debevec
Total = 25
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: we just made it
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: almost had to call this off today
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: the sim was going crazy
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: but we figured it out
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: oh.. how crazy ?
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: 4 users at 150% cpu crazy
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: whoops
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:52] Brent Seidel: That does seem a little excessive.
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: many i see grey now
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: everyone rebake
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: ctrl+alt+R
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: does someone know here why llsetpos cannot move mor ethen 10 meters ?
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: linux might be shift+ctrl+alt+R
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: it can
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[09:53] Brent Seidel: How about MacOS?
[09:53] Richardus Raymaker: it seems not to work for me
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: lol i dont know on mac
[09:53] Richardus Raymaker: try to make simple elevator
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: its the Mac ALT R maybe?
[09:53] paulie Flomar is Offline
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: whatver that special mac key is called
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: i forget
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:53] Brent Seidel: Am I wearing jeans now? If so, then ctrl+alt+R worked.
[09:53] Starky Rubble: Advanced->Character->Rebake
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: no brent
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: your grey still for me
[09:54] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon looks ok, kitto to starky is ok
[09:54] paulie Flomar is Online
[09:54] Richardus Raymaker: astro look red+grey
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[09:54] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: standard ruth for astro
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus your black from head to toe
[09:55] paulie Flomar is Offline
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: you on 2nd monitor?
[09:55] BlueWall Slade is Online
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: doh
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: there it goes
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: i see you
[09:55] Richardus Raymaker: sit pose maby
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya possible
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: looks fine now
[09:56] paulie Flomar is Online
[09:56] Youtube Video Player v1.1:
[09:56] Youtube Video Player v1.1:
[09:56] Richardus Raymaker: 150% cpu. spound like some endless nexted loop somewhere
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: its asset cache
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: its totally fubar
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: you must disable it
[09:56] Richardus Raymaker: hi paulie
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: or suffer its wrath
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[09:57] kidd piko is Offline
[09:57] paulie Flomar: hey hey
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: hola
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: i still run 9624. so maby i dont have the problem
[09:57] Starky Rubble: blu n grey Brent
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: brent looks ok
[09:57] kidd piko is Online
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: bluewall not (HI)
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: ya paulie you need a rebake
[09:57] sim core is Online
[09:57] Starky Rubble: rebake
[09:57] Brent Seidel: Remind me not to stand up again.
[09:58] sim core is Offline
[09:58] Richardus Raymaker: ductapes brent to chair
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[09:58] Brent Seidel: I hope that helps.
[09:58] Fly Man: Much better
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: sim feels good
[09:59] Richardus Raymaker: do we have grey problem now more becasue disabled cache. i have the idea it dont make much difference if its off
[10:00] Starky Rubble: we live in exciting times lol
[10:00] Kitto Flora: Are there any special ini settings to enable vehicles?
[10:00] Starky Rubble: hehe
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: just enable Meshmerizer and ODE
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: only way vehicles will work
[10:00] Kitto Flora: Ode I have
[10:00] Kitto Flora: checking mesh
[10:00] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:01] Starky Rubble: but vehicles are mostly mysterious still
[10:01] Kitto Flora: Ah it has Zeromesh
[10:01] Kitto Flora: Will that kill vehicle?
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:02] Kitto Flora: TY
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: zero mesher everythigns abox
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: not good for vehicles
[10:02] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: a phantiom box
[10:02] Kitto Flora: That unfortunate setting has lost 2 weeks of work
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: bummer
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: Charles wont be here today
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: he is in Hawaii
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: anything anyone wants to talk about?
[10:03] paulie Flomar: I'm still gray..rebaking..
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: can enabled cache grash the sim also to 0fps. i have seen that a few times the last week
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: sims crash to 0fps
[10:04] Fly Man: Hmm, we need a twitterbox in here *rofl*
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: possibly
[10:04] Kitto Flora: If that is the casue of vehicle not working, then the ini file comments are misleading.
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: its consuming all the CPU
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: so anythings possible i would think
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: might be able to relate a large # of issues asset cache
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: its hard to say
[10:05] Fly Man: Hey Mystical
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, kitto. you sid a bit strange
[10:05] Fly Man: Have a seat
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: i changed the psoes fly man
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: this couch has a variety of poses
[10:05] Fly Man: Nice
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: depending on what cushion you sit on
[10:05] Brent Seidel: Interesting.
[10:05] Kitto Flora: Whats stange about that comment?
[10:06] Brent Seidel: Does the pose include what happens when you stand?
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: he meant sit kitto i think
[10:06] paulie Flomar: How can we run the proper console to get colors back with -gui=true?
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: cant apparently
[10:06] paulie Flomar: ah. ok
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: color has been removed from that
[10:06] paulie Flomar: ok
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: GUI doesnt support colors
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: is the issue
[10:06] paulie Flomar: ah'ight
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: GUI though in our case is being used probbaly not the best term
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: GUI means non 80x25 console
[10:07] paulie Flomar: yeah.
[10:07] paulie Flomar: keeps console from crashing on resize
[10:07] Static Sprocket: If I remember correctly -gui=true, means you are putting opensim behind a 3rd party GUI, so it doesn't make sense to do any kind of fancy output
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: i hope the fix the screen bug "top" crash with opensim.
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: correct static
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: its very basic
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: aha. but i cannot add gui=true
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: maby now hypergrid is gone it works again
[10:08] paulie Flomar: could gui=true go in startup_commands.txt?
[10:08] M1sha Dallin is Online
[10:08] Mystical Demina: what is the movie that is being played?
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: its a Demo from Demoscene competitions
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: by Farbrausch
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: called Debris
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: the entire program is 177kilobytes
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: i frapsed it
[10:08] paulie Flomar: OH, btw. Cameo Beach is statically linked to Playneko, for HG testing, for now.
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: Do you know a not so bad opensim version ?
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:09] paulie Flomar: I'm running 9673. Seems ok.
[10:09] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:09] paulie Flomar: But, ummv, I guess.
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: 9658 here
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: im at 9624
[10:10] Starky Rubble: 38 here lol
[10:10] Brent Seidel: I'm running 0.6.5-release at home. No major weirdness yet.
[10:10] paulie Flomar: Neb, do we wanna share our thoughts on Linden PInes slowdown? Or is the jury still out onthat?
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats hard to say
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: what i think it is paulie
[10:10] paulie Flomar: k
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: is excessive use of linden plants
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: in general
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: they sway
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: its harsh on the GPu
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: if you look around WP
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: you might notice i removed about 200 plants
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: its improived it about 5-10fps
[10:11] paulie Flomar: I would think my 9800 could handle some swaying plants. Hey, Nvidia, gimme my moneh back! lol
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: in some cases
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: i would say its written poorly
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: not your hardware
[10:11] paulie Flomar: yeah, I'm just playin. ;)
[10:12] Static Sprocket: do the plants stop swaying if you kill wind? that could be another route you could go...
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: \i have only seen a big impact when i tested the treeplanter with 100 LL tree's
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: possibly
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:12] M1sha Dallin: I've got 1000 Linden Pines on my regions - haven't noticed a problem
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: i probably erased close to 200 plants here last night
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: its hard to tell
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: correect, it works fine on yours. min where tested on vps
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: but if you inspect the bushes around the fountain
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: you will see
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: most of it was down around the fountain
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: i have it now so facing WP from paulies sim i was getting 20-25 fps myself
[10:13] Penny Lane: Better fix the code, or the whole grid will get defoliated :-)
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: bought the best i could do withhout completely destroying the region
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: personally
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: i think this is a viewer issue
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: not related to opensim
[10:14] Penny Lane: Can the tree animation be turned off?
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think so
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: turning off wind may help
[10:14] paulie Flomar: no wind might work
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: needs to be tested
[10:14] paulie Flomar: yeah
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: it could be why we have seen a drastic drop recently too
[10:14] paulie Flomar: I'll disable wind on Cameo and see hoe it goes.
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: as the wind module was changed
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: probably within the last month or so
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: 2 months
[10:15] paulie Flomar: yeah, maybe the wind module is sendin updates
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: if you notice
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: when you turn
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: the trees shake violentlyt for a second
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: i think thats why
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: even my flexi trees do it
[10:16] Starky Rubble: or add Saguaro Cactos to thr trees list
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: they kinda fluff out when they come into view
[10:16] Brent Seidel: Does anyone know what the
[trees] section in the .ini file does?
[10:16] paulie Flomar: wind disabled on Cameo. I'll test later.
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: you can grow trees Brent
[10:16] paulie Flomar: Brent, yeah
[10:16] Kitto Flora: Which client, Nebadon?
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: its fun
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i think all Clients Kitto
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: they all suck
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:16] Static Sprocket: The default wind settings are very much as they have been, which is completely random, with updates every few seconds. Switching out from the default wind plug-in, or just setting it to zero wind values via INI should send wind updates to client with velocity of 0,0,0
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: you can create ghoas :))
[10:16] Penny Lane: I always wondered why animation is saved up when out of sight, seems odd.
[10:16] paulie Flomar: you enable it and then say trees plant from the console. YOu will see many trees start growin.
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: yes but here static
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: i have been playing with those settings
[10:17] Static Sprocket nods
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: this region is not using default wind
[10:17] Brent Seidel: Ah. That's the part that I missed. I enabled it, but didn't see anything.
[10:17] paulie Flomar: I tried the tree grower on on eof my regions. It grew LOTSA trees. HUge ones.
[10:17] M1sha Dallin: You can turn tree rendering off from the advanced menu
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya do they poof M1sha?
[10:17] Brent Seidel: I'll have to try it.
[10:17] Kitto Flora: I have noticed a strangeness with recent linden clients: They seem to queue av gesturres when the av is out of screen, and run them whenevr av gets into screen. If the same thing is happening with tree motion - its a queuing thing
[10:17] M1sha Dallin: Linden trees disappear
[10:18] Static Sprocket: depending on which plugin your using, you can just go to console and set wind speed to zero, and see if it does anything
[10:18] M1sha Dallin: neb's don't
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[10:18] Static Sprocket shrugs
[10:18] Ideia Boa: Hello all, sorry I'm late
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: if your CPU spikes up we know its linden trees
[10:18] Brent Seidel: Hello Ideia
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: sorry FPS
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: not CPU
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: my testing seemed pretty conclusive last night
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: removing bushes and trees
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: and CPU went up
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: add them back it falls
[10:19] Richardus Raymaker: fps i hope
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: just fps
[10:19] Starky Rubble: hee
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: its all client side
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: no server lag
[10:19] M1sha Dallin: Brent - I have a more controlled trees module to submit
[10:19] Brent Seidel: That could be fun to play with.
[10:19] Governor Hippo: I dont think trees or flexies are rendered until they are in camera view, so any accumulated effects of wind or gravity wont appear for a while
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: but
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: when flexis come into view
[10:20] Governor Hippo: ti happens on SL too
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: they puff out
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: and flail about wildly for a few seconds
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if its related
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems likely to me it is
[10:21] Monk Zymurgy is Online
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: nothings totally definitive yet it needs more testing
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: for sure
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: but i think its good to use linden trees with caution until were sure
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: if you guys could do some testing
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: that would be great
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: not so happy with linden tree's the look bad from distance
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think its all the trees either
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i think its only certain ones that are the main cause
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: some of the bushes and the pine trees
[10:22] Gabe Salgado is Offline
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: seem to be worst offenders
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: the oak type trees seem ok
[10:22] Governor Hippo: what is the problem you see? is it crashing or something?
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: need to watch the ferns. that i will use.
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer is Offline
[10:24] paulie Flomar: Has anyone played with the new ini system? Questions there?
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i have
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i just updated this region this morning
[10:24] Richardus Raymaker: yu mean the split option ?
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: Lbsa too
[10:24] Sabi Maus is Online
[10:24] paulie Flomar: I hear that the system is not "official" yet. But Im playin with it.
[10:24] paulie Flomar: yeah
[10:24] paulie Flomar: the includes
[10:24] paulie Flomar: thoughts?
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: works good
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: its not required though
[10:25] paulie Flomar: Once you get past the map error. :)
[10:25] Brent Seidel: I like the idea of includes, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: you can consolidate it all into 1 ini
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: if you so desire
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: just make sure your using the options in the split
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: make sure you disable asset cache
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: it seems to be a major issue
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: cause for excessive CPU
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: 4-5 times higher CPU
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: wich version requires the disabled cache ?
[10:26] Sabi Maus is Online
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: all
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: under no circumstance run asset cache right now
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: its just bad
[10:26] paulie Flomar: Neb, I have AssetCache commented out in ini. Is that enough to disable it or doe s it have to be explicitly disabled?
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: ok.
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: comment out is fine
[10:27] paulie Flomar: k
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i would comment out bucket too
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: cache bucket
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: in the GridCommon.ini
[10:27] paulie Flomar: k
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: so far though it seems to work well if everything is set proper
[10:28] paulie Flomar: the split ini?
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: gridcommon.ini thes only for gridserver ?
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: its for the simulator
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: the connection info to assets currently
[10:30] Tiffany Sicling is Online
[10:30] Sam Suell is Offline
[10:31] Richardus Raymaker: diasable assetcaching ?that line
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: and cache buckets
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: and just so everyone knows we have a upcoming cut off
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: today or tommorow sometime
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: keep checking twitter
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: your simulators will be denied access once i make the switch
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: but i'll do my best to make things go smooth for everyone
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: more likely it will occur tommorow
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: you wont be kicked off grid i dont think
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: but when you restart it wont let you on again
[10:32] Ideia Boa: nice fellow
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: you will be prompted with a red message telling you to upgrade
[10:33] Sabi Maus is Online
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: i will make binaries available before switching
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: but they wont be able to connect until the switch occurrs
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: upgrade to wich version then ?
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i'll let you know shortly before the change
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i have not decided yet
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i'll make sure there is ample notice
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: would be nice if you make the red messages with bigger font.
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: where?
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: on the loginscreen ? thats only red message i know
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: ah yes but lower rezzes it pushes stuff off the screen
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: i'll see what i can do to make it more obvious
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: lower rez monitors its already tight
[10:36] Ideia Boa: and OSGRID's frontpage
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: i wont accomidate anything below 1024x768 though
[10:36] Marcus Llewellyn: Perhaps simply making it bold would be sufficient, if it is not already.
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya i can do that
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: that might help
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: yes. i know. and on big screen you never look at it because you miss the window. its a bit out of sight :)
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: not possible to make a more wider windows on top of login screen ?
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: possible yes
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: but its alot of work
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: on a website that wont be around much longer
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: sorry bottom login screen , close to the buttons
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i think my time is better spent
[10:37] paulie Flomar is Online
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i can make news item though
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: work, yes. :( smething not what you want
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: best thing we can do is plaster it all over the place
[10:38] Ideia Boa: Neb, is it possible to put the Wiki hours in the googlecalender?
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: are ther emore changes needed, or can we use the ini from 9624 ?
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure wiki hours is still going on
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: is it?
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: wiki hour never was popular
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: like 2 people would show up
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: its hard to get people excited about editng the wiki
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: i know Mark has taken on the mantle of reworking the entire wiki
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: maybe we can coordinate with him
[10:40] Brent Seidel: There have lately been a couple of people furiously editing it.
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: so were not stepping on his toes
[10:40] Ideia Boa: It was nice that they work, there are things to discust about the wiki
[10:40] Static Sprocket: offer wiki editors preferential grid coords ;-)
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i wish i could
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: something we still have yet to work out
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: is reservations
[10:40] Ideia Boa: only 2 or 3
[10:40] monk-spikes-v2.5b: Script running
[10:40] Fly Man: Yes
[10:40] spike: Script running
[10:40] spike: 15
[10:40] Fly Man: that's definitly something you need to work on Neb ;)
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think once Elgg is inplace
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: that will be easier
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: Jamenai has been converting Wi modules for ELgg
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: he has handed off several peices to adam already
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: the map
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: and region list
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: RSS feed
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: couple other things he is working on now
[10:42] Eryn Galen is Online
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: so hopefully we can get on Elgg soon
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: still no ETA yet
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: but soon
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: hmm what else
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: so much going on
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: hows groups testing going?
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: anyone have anything they like or hate about groups so far?
[10:44] Static Sprocket: Yeah, people keep expecting it to work ;-)
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: is it not working?
[10:44] paulie Flomar: groups seems to work for me. Is the proper groups URL still groups2?
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: if your unware groups testing is back on
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:44] paulie Flomar: Is the groupd module in SVN now or do we need to update it manually when it changes?
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: everyone is welcome to rejoin groups testing again
[10:45] Static Sprocket: Use what's in opensim SVN
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:45] paulie Flomar: k
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: just add the txt above to your ini
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: replace whats there
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: you want to be relatively update too
[10:45] Static Sprocket: the flotsom site is my day to day development, and is really a bad place to get the code, unless your referred there for a specific version to test {usually from hanging out in #osgroups}
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: id say run atleast what this region is running
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: no groups is in SVN now
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: you dont need anything from the flotsam werbsite
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: to run groups on osgrid
[10:46] paulie Flomar: great
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: just add the txt above to your ini
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: and restart it
[10:46] paulie Flomar: same for search?
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: no
[10:46] paulie Flomar: k
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: search still needs modules
[10:46] paulie Flomar: ah'ight
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: to bad i can never read the version good in estate toold. the last number is always lost
[10:46] Fly Man: Yeah, nebadon
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: you run 965
[10:47] Fly Man: who does the DNS settings for the Osgrid ?
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we do
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: why?
[10:47] Fly Man:
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: for what?
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: the url?
[10:47] Fly Man: Search
[10:47] Fly Man: objects and other stuff
[10:48] paulie Flomar: RR, i saw recent committ note that says that the vesion will be truncated to 27 chars exactly in latest vesion. That should make it fit bette rin estate tools dialog, I think.
[10:48] tx Oh: the number of grey people increses
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: maby short opensimulator.
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think thats a pretty common problem tx
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure anyone quite knows why that crept back in yet
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: it seems alot of bugs that have been fixed are back again
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: ghosts
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: grey avatars
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: it started with the new assets config sofar i know
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: things that have been fixed a 1/2 dozen times already
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: keep getting put back into the code
[10:50] Penny Lane: Regression testing ......
[10:50] Monk Zymurgy: it is a good crowd here...what is the av count?
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: 21
[10:50] Penny Lane: 20
[10:50] Marcus Llewellyn: 21 people
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: if your using a radar remember to count yourself
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: i always forget to do that too
[10:51] paulie Flomar: and version will have "flavour," now. :)
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya i cant say i fully undestand the flavor thing yet
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: but im sure it will be beneficial
[10:51] Richardus Raymaker: i see 18 here
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: its onyl been in SVN a few hours though
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: map shows 21
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: lets see what console says
[10:52] Ideia Boa: 21
[10:52] Sherlock Reinard is Online
[10:52] Alex Welch is Online
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: 20
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: according to console
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: but who knows
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: these #'s are never right
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:53] tx Oh: lol
[10:54] Monk Zymurgy counts legs and divides by 2
[10:54] tx Oh: it's quiet inhere
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:54] Sherlock Reinard: haha
[10:54] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, Sherlock.
[10:54] Sherlock Reinard: hi paulie
[10:54] Richardus Raymaker: hi sherlock
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: trying to think what else is a hot topic
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: like 80 things a day change
[10:55] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hard to remember
[10:55] Richardus Raymaker: any important osgrid news ?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: if anyone has anything feel free to speank up
[10:55] Penny Lane: Neb, is there any kind of info on the Groups implementation?
[10:55] paulie Flomar: any changes / improvements to voice functionality?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: well just the cut off tommorow
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: we have downtime scheduled for the 3rd also
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: up to 6 hours
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: at 1am
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: we are upgrading asset server again
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: just the software
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: no db changes
[10:56] Kitto Flora: Seems I need some assistance to ge ta local sim running for vehicles, on Ubuntu. - after the meet, or later.
[10:56] paulie Flomar: more fragstore stuff?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: ok Kitto
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: no
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: we are ditching Cable Beach
[10:56] paulie Flomar: oh!
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: for the new asset server in SVN
[10:56] paulie Flomar: Its not fragstore based?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: you wont see any changes
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: it is
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: busy to install one here in VB, so i can test some scripts for start and stop etc.
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: SVN Asset + fragstore
[10:56] paulie Flomar: k
[10:57] Penny Lane: Ditching completely from sources?
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: from osgrid
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: cable beach is not in the opensimulator SVN
[10:57] Penny Lane: Aha
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: we are using a very customized Asset server right now
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: we are switching to the SVN version
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: short term
[10:57] Alex Welch is Offline
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: none fo the current options will last us long
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: we need something way more robust within a year
[10:57] Sherlock Reinard is Offline
[10:58] Richardus Raymaker: some change needed in the ini then ? ore is the current used asset settings ok ?
[10:58] Penny Lane: And scalable
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: no
[10:58] paulie Flomar: do we have a long term asset plan ?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: no changes in the sim
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: we are working one out
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: nothing final
[10:58] paulie Flomar: its a hard question, yeah
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: yes and an expensive one
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: if not done right
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: we need to explore all options completly
[10:58] paulie Flomar: even IF done right, heh
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: distributd loadbalanced service wont be cheap likely
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: Adam claims we will be fine until we have about 5000 concurnet connections
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: which is sooner than we think
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: it will happen faster than we want it too im sure
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: how much is the asset grown since last time.
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: almost 400k assets
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: since the conversion
[11:00] tx Oh: yes, but i wish we had 5000 concurent avi's :-)
[11:01] Master Dubrovna: What is the percentage of growth per month?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: well # of assets is goiing to be higher than actual assets
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: we hash and compare and disacard dupes
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: so if you upload something that already exists
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: it wont be stored a 2nd time
[11:01] Marcus Llewellyn: Nice.
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: just the UUID will be associated with the already existing asset
[11:02] tx Oh: clver
[11:02] Brent Seidel: That's handy
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: this buys us lots of time
[11:02] Master Dubrovna: nice
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: thats good
[11:02] paulie Flomar: so every update of a prim isnt stored as a completely seperate asset?
[11:02] Brent Seidel: What about clearing out orphans?
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: its nearly impossible for us to do that
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: being we cant view all the region databases
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: and we arent datestamping last access
[11:03] Brent Seidel: Ah.
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: to expensive
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: it would kill the asset server
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: to datstamp all these requests
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: performance would be 1/5th what it is now
[11:03] Marcus Llewellyn: Yeah... let's not do that. ;)
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: how will you keep thing clean in the futere then. like notecards. many or only used short. but the keep hanging around in asset server
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: eventually we might be able to archive less used assets
[11:04] Static Sprocket wonders about keeping local datestamp caches on the regions and having them periodically send a datestamp update list to the asset servers
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: and keep just the most reequested assets on a very high performaing box
[11:04] Mystical Demina: i would think that 90% of the assets are locat to a sim and do't need to be globally accessed so could be stored locally
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: then when dead assets are called on again
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: they will be moved from archival
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: to the main services
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: this is what lindens do
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: but thats way way off
[11:05] Penny Lane: Not sure if retreading LL's path is a good idea ...
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: yes. only Linded implemeted it very late sofar i know
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: yes its fairly new there too
[11:07] Marcus Llewellyn: You know what would be nice... some way to mark certain assets with some sort of expiry date. Some textures, for example, or only needed for a limited time. The ones created by the osDrawing functions is a good example.
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: its also very expensive what they use
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: its like 20k a license for their datastorage
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: they have over 100 now
[11:08] Tiffany Sicling: what does LL use ?
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i forget the name now
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: adam knows
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: but they have spent well over 2 million USD
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: on their asset storage system
[11:08] tx Oh: infinity storage
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: we obvioulsy need something more cost effective
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:09] Tiffany Sicling: and they probably paid for that with all the L$10 uploads
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: the scary part
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: Linden grid wasnt this large
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: as we are
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: until about ther 3-4 years
[11:09] Penny Lane: Heh. We need to find a way to store our assets in Gmail ;-))))
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: took us 2 years
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: sorta scary
[11:10] paulie Flomar: They use Silicon Mechanics boxes, I think.
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:10] Tiffany Sicling: would be nice if there was a way to store assets in the client
[11:10] paulie Flomar:
[11:10] Penny Lane: Oh, can we talk about that? Storing assets in the client?
[11:10] Starky Rubble: Ouch
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: we can but we cant do anything about it
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: we dont control the viewer
[11:10] sim core is Offline
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: nor can OpenSim devs work on viewer
[11:11] Starky Rubble: or the bandwidth
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: but sure we can talk about it :)
[11:11] Tiffany Sicling: actually, it would solve a lot of issues
[11:11] Starky Rubble: well sure...
[11:12] Kitto Flora: Security?
[11:12] Tiffany Sicling: enhances that too
[11:12] Mystical Demina: seems more could be stored locally with the sim, and only images that are existing across multiple sims or attached to avi's need to be global, seems we could cascade local stoorage into global storage and sim owners would bear more cost
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ya remember too
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: asset cache doesnt work
[11:13] Starky Rubble: unless your region neighbors one whose pipe is skinny
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: probably never has
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i think once its fixed
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: we'll see even more improvemnet than with it disabled
[11:13] Tiffany Sicling: or rather, when an av rezzes something, transfer all needed textures, scripts, etc. associated with the asset to the region, and if another takes a copy, transfer all that is needed to the client.
[11:14] Tiffany Sicling: retain creation and perms
[11:14] Penny Lane: Something here is taking me down to 0 FPS periodically, from my normal 17 FPS.
[11:14] Kitto Flora: squic?
[11:14] Kitto Flora: squid?
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: video maybe Penny?
[11:14] Penny Lane: Not on. I'll disable from panel just in case
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: k videos have been playing this whole time
[11:15] Brent Seidel: Well, I must run along.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: ok Brent
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: ya we are running long meeting today
[11:15] Brent Seidel: removes duct tape that Richardus used.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: we can keep chatting though
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i dont mind
[11:15] Kitto Flora: Does OpenSim use squid?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: region is running awesome
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: no Kitto
[11:15] Brent Seidel: Lets see how far I fly when I stand up this time. Last time I almost made it to the sandbox.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: some people have experimented
[11:15] Penny Lane: Now that I can type again .... re local storage of assets, don't forget that there are other clients, not just the LL one.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: ive not heard of many success stories with squid
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: bye brent
[11:16] Kitto Flora: On OpenSim Nebadon? Or are you caliming LL's use is flawed too?
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: no just opensim
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: i have no idea if lindens even use squid anymore
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: i heard they did at one point long while back
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: but im not sure if thats the case anymore honestly
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: im sure they are using something though
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: just not sure if its still squid
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: but in terms of OpenSIm
[11:17] Kitto Flora: ok
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ive not heard anyone say it helps
[11:17] Tiffany Sicling: brb
[11:17] Tiffany Sicling is Offline
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: most people get frustrated trying to make it work
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ive never tired
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: but
[11:17] Penny Lane: Being able to have assets on the client, which are uploaded to sim automatically (if worn) would help interop a lot. You could just arrive at a sim casually, and everyone present would automatically see what you're wearing.
[11:17] M1sha Dallin: I've tried it
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: there is a squid like app on Forge now
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: let me get you the link
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:18] M1sha Dallin: I think it helped get sculpty's rez'd a little quicker - was marginal
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i really dont know how this works
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: but i think it works like squid
[11:19] Starky Rubble: On a diffo topic it would be great if the INI example were more like what most folks use... with ODE, MM, grid, groups, etc.
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: actually
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: anyone can split it up now
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: if they want
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: use the same format
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: if you so desire you can break it up into 30 files
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: theres no limit
[11:19] Starky Rubble: yikes
[11:20] Starky Rubble: its already hard to keep up lol
[11:20] Dorothea Lundquist is Online
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not something i really recommend doing
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: but you can if you want
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:21] Penny Lane: The 0 FPS hasn't returned since I unticked the media boxes in panel. Your media must be set to something pretty odd that kills LL's client.
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: do you have Quicktime installed?
[11:21] Kharmen Spad is Online
[11:21] Penny Lane: Nope, this is Linux
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[11:21] Penny Lane: OpenAL+gstreamer
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: gstreamer
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: and video wasnt playing?
[11:21] Penny Lane: But it plays video fine in SL
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: strange
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ive used linux here
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: but its been a while
[11:23] Monk Zymurgy: my video works..ubuntu
[11:23] Arnout Sequent is Offline
[11:23] Monk Zymurgy: wish i had a faster PC though }: |
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: my video still dont work ununtu 64
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think gstreamer has issues in x64
[11:24] Penny Lane: Can you tell which gstreamer module was loaded, Monk?
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: openAL need to be disabled here = crash hippo
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: probabably have to role you own
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: in 64
[11:24] Starky Rubble: It`s been grand, folks... the sim stayed up and everthing! i have to run tho see yaz!
[11:24] Arnout Sequent is Online
[11:24] JayMaze Yao is Online
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: see ya starky
[11:25] Starky Rubble is Offline
[11:25] Penny Lane: Cyu Starky
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: great meeting though
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: im very happy with performance today
[11:25] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[11:26] Penny Lane: Is the video playing here continuously? If so I'll come back later with other client(s) to test.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: but
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: go to the movie theatre
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: its like 100m from here
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: you can ondemand most of these
[11:26] Penny Lane: Ah yeah, seen it. Good idea, cheers
[11:27] Marcus Llewellyn: Will the chat log from today's meetin' be posted somewhere? I missed most of it. Heh
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: bye starky
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: i will post it on the wiki shortly
[11:27] Marcus Llewellyn: Thanks. :)
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: i will post on IRC
[11:27] Arnout Sequent is Offline
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: or search for "office hours"
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: on the wiki
[11:28] Marcus Llewellyn nods amiably. :)
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: you just reminded me to take a screenshot for the logs
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: done
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: i'll post it soon
[11:29] paulie Flomar: goin back to cameo. bye, all. good meeting. :)
[11:29] Marcus Llewellyn: No rush on my account. lol
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: ok paulie
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming
[11:29] Penny Lane: Cyu paulie
[11:30] Ideia Boa: cu all, nice meeting
[11:30] Penny Lane: How could my pose have changed all by itself?
[11:30] tx Oh: yeah. was nice
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Penny
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: the pose changed?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: oh your standing
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: probably a bug
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: stand and sit again
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: probably fix those wierd bugs
[11:31] Penny Lane: I see myself as kneeling now, but was sitting cross-legged.
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: i would just stand and sit again
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: proabbly got confused
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: when someone else stuff
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: being that couch is 1 linkset
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: probably a bug
[11:33] Marcus Llewellyn: Half the people sitting appear to be kneeling when I arrived. Heh. Astro here is floating well above the sofa from my viewpoint as well.
[11:33] Penny Lane: Oh, talking about scripting bugs, reminds me of something that someone wrote to the Opensim group in SL overnight.
[11:33] Penny Lane: The person wrote something like "Almost every SL script has to be rewritted to work in Opensim". Is that correct?
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: kitto is floating
[11:34] Kitto Flora mditates
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: well
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: partially true Penny
[11:34] Marcus Llewellyn: I wouldn't say so, Penny from my experience. Depend son how complex the script is, and how it was written.
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: right now with the current state of LSL
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: not all scripts work as is
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: its going to take a very long time for 1:1 behavior
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: and some functions wont ever be the same
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: since lindens keep their source closes
[11:35] Marcus Llewellyn: For example, when some people do a for loop in a SL script, they don't always initialize the iterator... that works in SL, bit not here.
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: i would file mantis reports
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: for inconsistancies between here and SL with LSL
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:35] Kitto Flora: It appears to me that OS 'LSL' has a problem with tests. Result of test MUST be Boolean? Does not always ato-typecast integer to boolean?
[11:35] Penny Lane: I'm not even sure it's a worthwhile goal to chase LL's tail lights on LSL. It's such a crappy system anyway.
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: but its good we get close atleast
[11:36] Kitto Flora: So - if you have an old SL scrit that takes liberties with if(), it may not work right
[11:36] Penny Lane: Aha
[11:36] Marcus Llewellyn: There are some scope issues as well... local scopes in SL seem to be more robust than here.
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya LSL is far from complete
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: people are throwing numbers around like 90% complete
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: i disagree 100% with those statements
[11:37] Marcus Llewellyn: lol
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: LSL is far from complete
[11:37] Marcus Llewellyn: We may have 90% of the functions working to some degree... but that's not the same as having complete 90% compatibility.
[11:39] Marcus Llewellyn: Bottom line right now is... simnple scripts usually work. With more complex ones, be prepared to make edits, and possibly submit a mantis or two.
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: wpuld be nice if we hav egood working elvators :O
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: agreed
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: what about the one in the freebie garden
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: that one works great for me
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: i tried that one, need to modify it. then it did not want what i planend after that
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: you mean your elevator ? need to try it again
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: i have it boxed up
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: in a vendor box
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: its on the wall of blue boxes
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: 3 Person elevator
[11:42] M1sha Dallin: Thanks Neb - bye for now
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: i even saw someone make a hot air baloon on SeaPrior
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: using that elevator
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: will look at that again
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: by M1sha
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: see ya soon :)
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: by m1sha
[11:42] Marcus Llewellyn: Speaking of the freebie building...
[11:42] Penny Lane: Cyu M1sha
[11:42] Marcus Llewellyn: If we have a new one, should we just rez it in an area that look appropriate? Or is there a drop-off area for you to sort it?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: you can either drop it off in the feild
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: and i'll do it for you
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: i placed my directly at the wall
[11:43] M1sha Dallin is Offline
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: or you can place it in a appropriate area
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: i'm not done so i'll likely be moving stuff around more anyway
[11:43] Marcus Llewellyn: Hehe. Okay. :)
[11:44] Master Dubrovna: I have run into a problem after upgrading to 9658
[11:44] Master Dubrovna: Using Mono 2.5
[11:44] Master Dubrovna: I see this over and over
[11:44] Master Dubrovna: ERROR - OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.Ethereal Dreams
[PHYSICS]: A null reference or invalid value was found
[GDI+ statu$ at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status)
[11:45] Master Dubrovna: If I go to basic physics, all runs OK
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: are you 64 bit?
[11:45] Master Dubrovna: no
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: did you upgrade Libgdiplus too?
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: or just mono
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: there is a corresponding libgdiplus for mono 2.5
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: they should match up
[11:46] Master Dubrovna: I "thought" I upgraded both
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: could be your problem
[11:46] Master Dubrovna: OK
[11:46] Master Dubrovna: I will check
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: mke sure its not the 1.9.1 anyway
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: any 2.0.1+ plus libgdi should work
[11:46] Master Dubrovna: OK
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: tx ooh
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: your youtube script fails on about 50% of youtube videos
[11:48] tx Oh: ???
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: i just changed to as the proxy
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: and they work
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: certain videos dont play through your proxy anymore
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: but do if i change the url in your scirpt to youtubemp4
[11:48] tx Oh: hmmm... some never did
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya strange
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: youtubemp4 plays them
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: its your script though
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: just differnt proxy
[11:49] tx Oh: i check it
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[11:50] Master Dubrovna: Back to work. bye all
[11:50] tx Oh: can you give me some urls?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:50] Penny Lane: Cyu Master
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i probably had about 15 videos not play today
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: once im quite sure have played through your proxy in the past
[11:51] tx Oh: i didnt channged anything
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya strange
[11:52] tx Oh: i will see what i can do
[11:52] tx Oh: in the downntime tomorrow
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: youtube is pretty spotty at times
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: even on their website i get failurs sometimes
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: problem with youtubemp4
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: its in japan
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: and you get lag sometimes
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: videos stop
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: this ones looping over and over
[11:54] Penny Lane: That's true, the spinning animation sometimes doesn't appear at all, and sometimes it appears but no video comes down. So think they have troubles too.
[11:54] tx Oh: but the stream don't go through the proxy, it just delivers the mp4 url
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:54] tx Oh: stream comes from youtube
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: strange
[11:55] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: i have seen major differences between your proxy and youtubemp4
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: youtubemp4 always has issues finishing vidoes
[11:55] tx Oh: well.. i need to figure anyway
[11:55] tx Oh: it's one thing
[11:55] Primitive: DynamicTextureModule: Error preparing image using URL
[11:58] Kitto Flora: I heading off to k-grid, look for assistance there
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: bye kitto
[11:59] Penny Lane: Cyu Kitto
[11:59] tx Oh: huhu
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ok guys im gonna run too
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: lunch time
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: i need foooood
[11:59] Penny Lane: Good idea
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: i'll be on IRC if anyone needs me
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming today
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: great meet
[11:59] Penny Lane: Thanks for meeting Neb
[11:59] tx Oh: cool
[12:00] tx Oh whispers: thanks for all your time!
[12:00] Alex Wood: thank you
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: see ya guys :)
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi is Offline
[12:00] Penny Lane: Take care :-)
[12:00] Penny Lane: See you all, have fun :-)
[12:00] Penny Lane waves
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: HOLD ON
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: penny
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: i lost chat log
[12:01] Penny Lane: Yep?
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: can you go to
[12:01] Brent Seidel: Trees are evil
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: and paste me the chat log from meeting
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Brent Seidel
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Astro Biology
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: BlueWall Slade
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: paulie Flomar
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Penny Lane
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Static Sprocket
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Mystical Demina
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Governor Hippo
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: M1sha Dallin
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Master Dubrovna
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Ideia Boa
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Robert Graf
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tiffany Sicling
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Marcus Llewellyn
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: DJ Jenns
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1:
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Monk Zymurgy
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: tx Oh
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Sherlock Reinard
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Alex Wood
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Philippe Debevec
[12:01] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 25
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: or if anyone here has it
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: please
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: i cant beleive i forgot to copy it
[12:02] Penny Lane: Lemme give you a notecard
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: i can copy the log
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: whatever works best
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: thanks guys

Personal tools
About This Wiki