[Opensim-users] Unable to login using master?

Chris mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 06:55:26 UTC 2014

Git bisect says 3e5bc75f89998e9b1bba5e7e5f4042e883afb522 is the first
bad commit ( Remove the 32 bit launchers as discussed at OpenSimulator
Office Hour ... ). That seemed a bit strange to me at first until it hit
me that I've always been using OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe because I had
been having some issues in the past running OpenSim.exe (issues with
OpenSim crashing on load; not with login). So I copied over the 32 bit
launchers from the shared directory, ran it, and could log in just fine.

So I figured something must have happened elsewhere and I ran git bisect
again testing solely OpenSim.exe and came up with a different commit:
fbdf507e98fc0e456b45d1e9200f343dceaecd5b

*Git Bisect Output:**
*
fbdf507e98fc0e456b45d1e9200f343dceaecd5b is the first bad commit
commit fbdf507e98fc0e456b45d1e9200f343dceaecd5b
Author: Justin Clark-Casey (justincc) <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
Date:   Tue Aug 12 01:45:15 2014 +0100

     Update libomv libraries with those built from commit 2208379.

     This is to resolve some issues for pCampbot, chiefly with
capability connect
ion and inbound handling.

:040000 040000 badf3e1b7fa561c0a310c6c6802da91fa7bc8566
f98aba1851f1913325fd5d2d
f0783a6a26ba5d9c M      bin

On 10/20/2014 6:05 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> I just checked with current master (94250b6) on both Linux (Mono
> 3.2.8) and Windows with no problem on login.
>
> I agree with Dahlia, this is highly reminiscent of the system picking
> up some mismatching DLLs.  Could you pinpoint the commit on which this
> stared to happen for you?
>
> On 20/10/14 21:29, Chris wrote:
>> Hmm... I'm not sure. This was a fresh pull from git and newly
>> compiled. I also made sure to start over with new copies
>> of the appropriate .ini files for configuration (as opposed to
>> copying existing ones from a previous install) I've
>> actually done fresh installation from scratch for a few different
>> commits over the past week with the same results.
>>
>> On 10/20/2014 2:58 PM, Dahlia Trimble wrote:
>>> Just a guess but maybe your installation is messed up with some old
>>> .dll files or some missing assets. I'd probably
>>> try a fresh installation from scratch.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Chris <mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:mewtwo0641 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hello all,
>>>
>>>     While attempting to test the latest master (commit 94250b6) I
>>> have found that I'm not able to log in and an
>>>     exception is printed out in the console. In the viewer I get an
>>> error message that says "Login Failed. Error
>>>     generating Login Response". I've tried login with several
>>> different viewers including Phoenix, Firestorm, and
>>>     Singularity but same results for all.
>>>
>>>     I also get what appears to be a related exception when using the
>>> create user command.
>>>
>>>     Is anyone else seeing this as well?
>>>
>>>     *Exception on login:
>>>
>>>     *13:55:30 - [LLOGIN SERVICE]: Exception processing login for
>>> Test User: System.Ty
>>>     peInitializationException: The type initializer for
>>> 'OpenMetaverse.AppearanceMan
>>>     ager' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value
>>> does not fall wit
>>>     hin the expected range.
>>>        at
>>> System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.InitializeArray(Array
>>> array
>>>     , RuntimeFieldHandle fldHandle)
>>>        at OpenMetaverse.AppearanceManager..cctor()
>>> c:\Users\ad
>>> min\Desktop\opensim-94250b6\OpenSim\Services\Interfaces\IAvatarService.cs:line