[Opensim-users] Money Modules

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:54:12 UTC 2014

Interesting idea to allow users to use different currencies. But, it become
 a headache for sellers, 'which one can should we choose' a unified
currency is need on a grid to sustain a economy, or eventually one currency
will rule over all.

Now on the back end,  tracking multiple currencies is not that hard to do
just a nightmare for the bottom line.
But still, changes have to made all over the place including in clients and
servers. The prices has to to be displayed with currency in each place.   I
seen other worlds(not based on SL) who done it and its a nightmare to
handle. But they usually use a conversion matrix for it, where  1DN$ =
12.3WooWoo = 50US$. And the client can pay any of the prices.  This is
popular with payed services where it base on cash and they sell tokens for
special things or general use.

Personally, I would trust a web browser more then a grid client to real
world currencies.

But, you can write a region module that can interface with a hud as mention
by another comment.  That would  cache the price of the  object for sell
and translate to different currencies.  It still be complicated, because
some currencies require you to go though a web based api with a browser
feed back to confirm the transaction before it can go though.

 One of the the reason we dropped our currency provider for our grid was
you had to confirm trans actions or set up a wallet with money in it.

Money, You cant play with it, For allot of people its real no matter how
fake it is.