[Opensim-users] Money Modules

Gwyneth Llewelyn gwyneth.llewelyn at gwynethllewelyn.net
Sun Nov 30 01:44:06 UTC 2014

As far as I know, this would require a change on the viewer side, not only on the server side, because the viewers don’t give the ‘option’ to pick a different module.

So you have as alternatives:

1) Buy money via an in-world script, i.e. an ATM device (either in-world or on a HUD) where you give multiple options. A well-designed HUD can really look like it’s part of a particular viewer (each viewer has different skins, though).
2) Set up your own money gateway, interfacing with different exchanges, and pick the ‘best’ choice for your user, which would then be presented via the money module. However, most exchanges don’t have APIs, so this might become terribly difficukt (i.e. you would need to do ’screen grabbing’ — not impossible, but tough, and you would need to change your interface every time any of those exchanges change their website).

BTW I’m a little bit confused about you mentioning the LindeX below. The LindeX will not work on OpenSimulator :)

Cheers,

	- Gwyn