[Opensim-users] Maptiles working in standalone, not working in grid

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Sun Jul 13 11:32:34 UTC 2014

At 12:59 PM +0200 13/7/14, R.Gunther wrote:

>With Diva it seems to work to, my idea is that the maptiles need
>to be on some webserver that can be accessed from the outside.

http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/Status-of-Map-Tiles-on-HyperGrid-Travels-td7580139.html

Since the viewers started using a map image server whose URL is given at
login, once a person goes outside the login grid, the map images don't
work. This is potentially fixable in the same way that all other HG
services work (by server-side peering), but that's not done yet.
(Diva Canto, Fri, 14 Jun 201)

« La vieillesse est un naufrage » (meaning : old persons loose their memory).

What is sure:

- It works on OSGrid
- It works on 0.8 Release standalone

-- Jeff