[Opensim-users] OpenSim.ini and external email

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:34:00 UTC 2014

Assuming that this is actually completely functional, one would need an
SMTP service running on port 25 at the address specified in the
SMTP_SERVER_HOSTNAME line (or alternatively, the fully qualified DNS name
of a server running such a service on port 25).

The login/password would be for accessing the SMTP service; this can be
fairly simple or fairly complicated depending on how the SMTP service is
configured.

This is not really a great place to get into deep explanations of SMTP
services, but that's the nuts and bolts of what you need. If you want to
tackle setting up such a service, google up 'sendmail' and have a good read
:)

Cheers
James

http://osgrid.org/