[Opensim-users] region problems on standalone FIXED

Ethan Grammatikidis eekee57 at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 12 00:03:50 UTC 2014

I found the problem.  The short version is I too quickly dismissed the
possibility of megaregion being enabled.  I searched for this, but the
setting isn't called "MegaRegion" and Diva's config files are hardly
commented, so I only found the setting in OpenSim's default files,
where it's off.  I kinda hated Diva for a moment, but I could have
been more careful the first time around.

Yesterday I was too tired to do anything productive and my net wasn't
working, so I fired up my little grid despite its faults to take a
look at what I'd built.  Flying around, there was a bump where there
should have been a region crossing.  I thought "That's odd, that's
what I'd expect for a megaregion, not a var region." I thought it
couldn't be true, but I thought I'd check just in case.  I searched
the ini files again, with the same results as before.  I almost gave
up there, but I decided to search for CombineContiguousRegions, just
in case.  There was one more result:

config-include/DivaPreferences.ini:14: CombineContiguousRegions=true

There are very few comments in that file.  If you'll pardon me saying
it, "ARGH!" :D

I made the change (in MyWorld.ini, as you're supposed to on Diva),
logged in, and was greeted with all the surrounding sims rezzing
normally.  Yay!  Everything is where I left it, including all the
changes I made in Elandia while it was broken.  (I didn't dare edit
anything in the other sims.) Sim crossings work.  Teleports work.
That one test prim was still at Y=333 "in" Elandia, but as soon as I
moved it, it made the transition to Nachtus with no fuss.

I'm feeling quite liberated now I've got my little grid back.  ^_^