[Opensim-users] OpenSim.ini and external email

The Pierce Family thepierces-rwpt at charter.net
Fri Jul 11 17:01:17 UTC 2014

I have had great success to this point to get 0.8 up and running. The only
things lacking right now of high importance are: (1) an economy, and (2)
external email capability for servers.

What I am currently getting for a message is: "DefaultEmailModule Exception:
Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:25"

My port 25 is open on the primary computer (I am running 4 systems, with
primary running robust, initial OpenSim instance, and MySQL) on TCP as well
as UDP.

I have the following OpenSim.ini (extraction of the [SMTP] part and
email/passwords have been removed):

[SMTP]

    ;; The SMTP server enabled the email module to send email to external

    ;; destinations.

    ;# {enabled} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule} {Enable SMTP
service?} {true false} false

    ;; Enable sending email via SMTP

    enabled = true

    ;# {internal_object_host} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {Host name to treat as internal (object to object) email?} {}
lsl.opensim.local

    internal_object_host = lsl.opensim.local

    ;# {host_domain_header_from} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {From address to use in the sent email header?} {} 127.0.0.1

    host_domain_header_from = "127.0.0.1"

    ;# {email_pause_time} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {Period in seconds to delay after an email is sent.} {} 20

    email_pause_time = 20

    ;# {email_max_size} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {Maximum total size of email in bytes.} {} 4096

    email_max_size = 4096

    ;# {SMTP_SERVER_HOSTNAME} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {SMTP server name?} {} 127.0.0.1

     SMTP_SERVER_HOSTNAME = "127.0.0.1"

    ;# {SMTP_SERVER_PORT} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {SMTP server name?} {SMTP server port?} {} 25

    SMTP_SERVER_PORT = 25

    ;# {SMTP_SERVER_LOGIN} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {SMTP server user name?} {}

    SMTP_SERVER_LOGIN = "ihavereplaced this"

    ;# {SMTP_SERVER_PASSWORD} {[Startup]emailmodule:DefaultEmailModule
enabled:true} {SMTP server password} {}

    SMTP_SERVER_PASSWORD = "ihavereplacedthis"

;; end of [SMTP] module

So now for my questions:

(1)    What IP should be in the SMTP_SERVER_HOSTNAME line?

(2)    Should the login and password be the same as my regular personal
mail?

Looking forward to a resolve here. I have checked other forums for an
answer, but nothing can get as good as the OpenSim Users group.