[Opensim-users] Urban legends (Was :Configuring a multi-hosted grid)

Marcus Llewellyn marcus.llewellyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:35:57 UTC 2014

I always use numeric IPs, with the exception of the external host in
Regions.ini because I'm behind a NAT.

I do use different ports for simulators and regions, but only because I
find it less confusing from an organization standpoint.

The third one is completely new to me. What I do, and I've always suspected
that it's probably a bad idea but have gotten away with it so far, is to
have multiple instances share an asset cache in order to speed things up.