[Opensim-users] Urban legends (Was :Configuring a multi-hosted grid)

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Fri Aug 22 12:47:17 UTC 2014

At 6:35 AM -0500 22/8/14, Marcus Llewellyn wrote:

>The third one is completely new to me. What I do, and I've always
>suspected that it's
>probably a bad idea but have gotten away with it so far, is to have
>multiple instances
>share an asset cache in order to speed things up.

I have all instances sharing the same asset cache. I use an
environment variable to customise port number, region file and
simulator's prompt at launch. That's a huge simplification in
organization : one bin/ folder, one set of ini's.

It should be possible to customize CacheDirectory in FlotsamCache.ini as well.

-- Jeff