[Opensim-users] bin/OpenSim.db-journal file begin written and deleted many times

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:43:12 UTC 2014

As I shutdown a region simulator, I see a lot of flashing of an open
window showing the directory listing for the bin directory.

This seems to indicate that a 5K file called "OpenSim.db-journal" is
being created and immediately deleted a LOT of times as the
OpenSim.db file (for SQLIte data base) is changed. At least that's
what I assume is happening.  A translate scene command on a region
with only 600 objects seemed to take nearly half an hour to complete
on an otherwise unloaded region yesterday for example, and this
flashing wad happening throughout until the system finished its "shutdown".

This seems to be enabled  by the default level of debugging and I
wonder if this could this be a source of a slow down in using OpenSim?

Can anyone shed light on what is happening here and if the default
logging might itself be a cause of why such operations take such a log time?