[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Tue Sep 24 16:26:27 UTC 2013

R. Gunther, you made an excellent suggestion, though it took me until this
morning to see it.

After restarting my region six times this morning to test the teleporting
problem, I seem finally to have a solid clue.  As usual, LM teleports into
my grid failed after every restart.  This morning however I found two things
that got teleports working OK:

1) Doing a map teleport using my domain name (marin.us.com:8002) clears up
the problem.  It doesn't matter whether the map teleport is done by an
avatar registered on my grid or from another grid.  After anyone teleports
into my grid using the map, the teleport problem seems to clear up.

2) I've been doing map teleports with the "http://" included, but this is a
problem.  This morning I found that at least for teleporting back to my
grid, it frequently results in failed teleports.

Until this morning, EVERY time I restarted my grid, teleports into it would
be impossible for several hours.  This morning, after discovering the
"http://" issue, the teleport problem cleared up completely after I did a
single map teleport.  It happened on four consecutive restarts of my grid.

Now I just have to figure out why teleports into my grid are impossible
until someone does a map teleport.  It feels like an initialization problem
to me.

Thank you R. Gunther.

R.Gunther wrote
> Does HG bij map work fine. because in never use osteleport. but put the
> right adress in map seacrh. prefferable with region in the same line

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com