[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Mon Sep 23 16:57:07 UTC 2013

I'm afraid that that my successful map teleport yesterday was a red herring.
Basically my grid was working as usual, with teleports into my grid being
impossible for the first several hours after a restart, then becoming
intermittent, and finally working without any problems.  It was probably in
the intermittent phase when I tried it last night.

This morning, after my grid had been running for about 21 hours, I was able
to teleport into it with no problem from both Wright Plaza and Sanctuary. I
then restarted my grid and immediately tried teleporting to it, but all
attempts failed.  One interesting clue is that the same thing happened as
when they failed yesterday: attempting to teleport from Wright Plaza gave
the error message that the destination could not be found, but attempting a
teleport from Sanctuary gave the error message that there was a problem at
the destination.

I'm continuing to work on the problem whenever I have a few moments when I
can take a break from other tasks.

If anyone else wants to test it, my grid's hypergrid address is
http://marin.us.com:8002

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga wrote
> This might be another clue.  After my grid was up for nearly 7 hours, I
> tried TP'ing back from Wright Plaza with an LM but as usual it failed.  I
> then tried R. Gunther's suggestion and used the map. This time the TP
> succeeded.
>
> I then went back to Wright Plaza and tried TP'ing back to my grid again
> with an LM, but this time it succeeded. I also succeeded with an LM from
> Sanctuary.
>
> This could mean two things:
> 1) Because the problem tends to go away after my grid has been running for
> a while, I might just have happened to run the test at a time when the
> problem was going away or becoming intermittent.
> 2) It could confirm an initialization problem in my config files and that
> the successful TP back from Wright Plaza using the map initialized things
> properly.
>
> I'll try it again immediately after I restart the system tomorrow morning.
> The problems happen most consistently in the hours immediately after a
> restart.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions!
>
> If anyone else wants to test it, my hypergrid address is
> http://marin.us.com:8002.
>
> My grid is up every day, but I frequently do testing and development
> between 5am and noon Pacific Time, so my grid is sometimes down and is
> subject to going down without notice during those hours.  I keep it up the
> rest of the time.
>
> R.Gunther wrote
>> Does HG bij map work fine. because in never use osteleport. but put the
>> right adress in map seacrh. prefferable with region in the same line

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com