[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Sat Sep 21 15:18:23 UTC 2013

Tevarus, I'm using primarily Singularity, but have also had the problem with
Imprudence.

I never considered adjacent regions as a possible cause of the problem.
Should an instance not contain adjacent regions?  I've grouped four of my
instances geographically, with adjacent regions grouped together in an
instance.

The instance I use for hypergrid teleporting has three adjacent regions.
I've tried hypergrid teleporting to regions in all instances, but I got the
same error message with all of them, that it could not find my destination.

One of the instances is not hypergrid-enabled, so as a test I tried enabling
it and restarted all my instances and Robust, but I still had the problem.

Also as a test, I tried starting my grid with only one instance running.
The teleport problem still happened.

A particularly puzzling aspect is that very often the problem clears up
after my grid has been running for a few hours.  It doesn't always happen,
however, and this morning after running for 24 hours, teleports back to my
grid were still impossible.

Another oddity - and likely clue - is that I'm getting an Unauthorized
machine error message, but /only/ on successful teleports  For example, this
morning I can't teleport back to my grid but I can return by doing a
Teleport Home.  When I Teleport Home, I get the error following message:

Unauthorized machine 74.63.198.138 tried to set client ip to 76.191.192.250

The second IP is my server's.  (FYI: I'm consistently using FQDN's, not IP
addresses, in my config files.)

I only get this unauthorized machine message on successful hypergrid
teleports.  When a teleport back into my grid fails, I don't get any
messages in the instance and only one message in Robust: "[GATEKEEPER
SERVICE]: Request to get hyperlink region " followed by the region UUID of
the region I'm teleporting to.

Teravus Ovares wrote

-----