[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Sun Sep 15 16:48:05 UTC 2013

Here are some more clues:

1) When I first restart my grid, I can teleport out but it's impossible to
teleport in.  This is true both for avatars teleporting back to my grid and
for avatars from other grids teleporting in.  After a few hours, it becomes
intermittent, then finally after a few more hours teleporting seems OK.

2) Teleporting out:  I never have a problem teleporting out, but I do get an
error message:

[HOME AGENT HANDLER]: Unauthorized machine 76.191.192.250 tried to set
client ip to 76.191.192.250

3) Teleporting in: I sometimes get the Unauthorized machine message when
teleporting in, but not every time.  When teleporting in fails, I sometimes
I only get a single line in the log file:

[HOME AGENT HANDLER]: Unauthorized machine 76.191.192.250 tried to set
client ip to 76.191.192.250

I'm sure the problem is something in my config files not being set correctly
or not being set at all.  I've verified that I only use the FQDN in my
config files, never the IP address, and I've verified that all my FQDN's are
the same case.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should check next?

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com