[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Sat Sep 14 16:23:00 UTC 2013

Shaun, thanks for checking, and thanks for creating the new Blamgate.

You posted the message at about the time I was working on my grid, so it was
probably down when you tried it.  I'm still building the grid, so I ask my
users not to log on in the morning (5am-8am weekdays, 5am-noon weekends,
Pacific Time) so I can bring it down for development and testing.

The problem began occurring at about the time I switched from single
instance to multiple instances, so this morning I created a single instance
version to test, but I still had the same teleport in problem.

Next I'll try restoring one of my earlier single instance versions as a
test, but I'll be spending today doing volunteer work in RL, so I won't be
able to work on it again until tomorrow or Monday.

The one important clue I have so far is that it always happens when the grid
has just been restarted, but later becomes intermittent, with teleports into
the grid sometimes being possible and other times not being possible.  This
is making me suspect the cause is a variable not being initialized properly
and/or sometimes being reset to an improper value.

Teleports from the grid and Teleport Home always work.  It's only teleports
into the grid that intermittently don't work.

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com