[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:51:31 UTC 2013

As the problem is intermittent, I would strongly suspect a network issue of some kind.  Afaik, there's no OpenSimulator
config setting that could trigger this kind of behaviour.  I'm not a complete expert on the inner workings of inbound
Hypergrid connections but I would be very surprised if there's anything that could trigger this kind of thing.

On 15/09/13 17:48, EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga wrote:
> Here are some more clues:
>
> 1) When I first restart my grid, I can teleport out but it's impossible to
> teleport in.  This is true both for avatars teleporting back to my grid and
> for avatars from other grids teleporting in.  After a few hours, it becomes
> intermittent, then finally after a few more hours teleporting seems OK.
>
> 2) Teleporting out:  I never have a problem teleporting out, but I do get an
> error message:
>
> [HOME AGENT HANDLER]: Unauthorized machine 76.191.192.250 tried to set
> client ip to 76.191.192.250
>
> 3) Teleporting in: I sometimes get the Unauthorized machine message when
> teleporting in, but not every time.  When teleporting in fails, I sometimes
> I only get a single line in the log file:
>
> [HOME AGENT HANDLER]: Unauthorized machine 76.191.192.250 tried to set
> client ip to 76.191.192.250
>

> I'm sure the problem is something in my config files not being set correctly
> or not being set at all.  I've verified that I only use the FQDN in my
> config files, never the IP address, and I've verified that all my FQDN's are
> the same case.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should check next?
>

> -----
>   Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
>   Writer, instructor, former software engineer
>   Northern California
>   ErikBainbridge.com
>   VirtualMarin.com

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)