[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 74, Issue 36

dz dz at bitzend.net
Tue Oct 29 07:02:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM, <opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de>wrote:

>    5. Re: Has the 'stand up' bug in opensim been fixed?
>       (Justin Clark-Casey)
>    6. Re: Has the 'stand up' bug in opensim been fixed?
>       (Michael Emory Cerquoni)
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:45:22 +0000
> From: Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
>
> There will almost certainly have been no change with ODE.  I don't know
> what the situation is like in BulletSim.
>
> From: Michael Emory Cerquoni <nebadon2025 at gmail.com>
>
> Do you get the same results if the prim your sitting on is the root prim vs
> a child prim in a linkset? I know there are issues with sitting and
> standing from linksets if its not the root prim you are setting on

The accepted current solution to this is to make the seats phantom..
When people stand, the physics engine doesnt "squirt" them out of the prim
with the sit pos set, but they wind up standing IN the chair.

The last testing I did was on BulletSim physics about 2 months ago.
I could replicate the "popping out of a chair" when sitting on a root prim.
The phantom solution fixed that issue.

When I sit on a linked prim, standing seems to send me flying toward the
root prim.
The greater the distance between the root prim and the "seat",  The
faster/farther you move.
I have been able to "throw myself" through walls this way.