[Opensim-users] Weird issue with mysqld service restarting after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Chris mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 12:37:22 UTC 2013

First thing I would do before attempting to fix the issue is make a
backup of your database; Once you've done that; check your environment
variables in System Properties > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables
and look under System Variables for Path, edit it and and see if
possibly the path to /mysql install path here/bin hasn't been removed
due to the upgrade. If it's not there then try putting that back in and
reboot your computer. If worse comes to worse I suppose you could
reinstall MySQL and then restore from your database backup if necessary
(not sure if it would get overwritten or not from a reinstall).