[Opensim-users] Weird issue with mysqld service restarting after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:30:48 UTC 2013

After a Windows 8.1 upgrade on an OpenSim server that uses MySQL
Server 5.6 (CE) the service was not restarting.  On diging around I
have identified the problem to be the path to the mysqld command...
it seems to have lost the "/bin" part in the path!  No idea how that
could happen.

Before I take drastic action to try to fix that and risk messing up
what was a well working installation, I wonder if anyone else has
seen this or knows of a simple fix?  I am a bit reluctant to go
around messing about in the registry!