[Opensim-users] Weird issue with mysqld service restarting after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:27:27 UTC 2013

>From: Chris <mewtwo0641 at gmail.com>
>
>First thing I would do before attempting to fix the issue is make a
>backup of your database; Once you've done that; check your environment
>variables in System Properties > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables
>and look under System Variables for Path, edit it and and see if
>possibly the path to /mysql install path here/bin hasn't been removed
>due to the upgrade. If it's not there then try putting that back in and
>reboot your computer. If worse comes to worse I suppose you could
>reinstall MySQL and then restore from your database backup if necessary
>(not sure if it would get overwritten or not from a reinstall).

Thanks Chris... the path environment variable was okay and the usual
mysql and mysqld commands were being found.  It was the "MySQL"
service registration that had in it a faulty path to the myslyd
executable with the /bin stripped out, and indeed the parameter to
the --default-path removed!   Since the services area in the Task
Manager does not let you alter the executable I had to resort to
changing the registry.  But a simple change there to make it the same
as all my other MySQL 5.6 entries and it all worked again
fine.  Really peculiar upgrade issue!