[Opensim-users] affecting external changes through in-world actions

John Floren john at jfloren.net
Thu Oct 10 19:37:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm looking at opensim as a possible component of a project. Ideally,
I'd like to be able to model objects (e.g. a gate) in opensim, but
make the state of the object accessible to external components. Simply
setting a variable in an external database would be fine. Is there any
capability like this?

Basically, when the user interacts with an object such as opening a
gate, we should be able to in some fashion get a message to another
program on the server saying "hey, that gate opened".

Thanks,

john