[Opensim-users] Maptile Generation vs. Custom Maptiles

drWhiet drwhiet at spacefriends.de
Thu Oct 10 09:38:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

is anybody using his own maptiles (not the maptiles generated by the Region)
?

I have added the UUID of a graphic (previously uploaded to MetroGrid) in the
Regions.ini ( MaptileStaticUUID = xx-xxx),
and in the opensim.ini (  MaptileStaticUUID = xx-xxx ). I have disabled the
maptile generation via the opensim.ini
( GenerateMaptiles = false) but the viewer only displays the maptile
generated by the Region and not the one
i specified via the UUID.

Does the maptile need a specific  format (.jpg or .png) or a specific Size
(e.g 128x120 or 256x256)
Any ideas ? (I am running opensim 0.8.0 DEV version using Warp3DImageModule
with the Singularity Viewer)

Best regards,
Wordromthe Wise