[Opensim-users] trouble with new osgrid region

Serendipity Seraph seren.seraph at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 07:27:33 UTC 2013

I do notice that frame rate is a lot less variable run on a "real server",
in this case a Mac Pro in my home office.  But the VPS was tempting for its
much higher network speed compared to my home 30 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up.

I am curious what server sizes and set ups people generally find good
enough for say up to 40 avatars on a region and up to 40K prims.    The Mac
Pro is overkill in memory and compute power but I wonder about bandwidth
needed.

- s