[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption(InuYasha Meiji)

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:42:28 UTC 2013

The word "corrupt" is perhaps rather unfortunate here.

The "appearance show" command checks to see if each uploaded baked texture is present for the avatar and if it is, it
runs it through JPEG2000 decoding.

If any required baked texture is either missing or fails JPEG2000 decoding, then the appearance is reported as 'corrupt'.

When the viewer teleports to another sim, the baked textures are missing (because opensimulator does not place these
temporary textures in the asset store by default) and usually this triggers the viewer to reupload them.  However, for
some reason this may not be happening in this case.

On 12/02/13 15:06, caro t hart wrote:
> Dear InaYasha,
> Thanks for confirming that you encounter the same issue.
> As for currupted textures: I don't know, the simulator console says so, but...
>
> Using console command: appearance show avatarname:
> When logging in, teleporting into and after <crt><alt>r this console command gives a list of UUID's in the style of:
> Head UUIDnr (uploaded)
> UpperBody UUIDnr (uploaded)
> etc
> avatar baked appearance texture is OK
>
> When walking into another opensim instance (region):
> Head not set
> UpperBody not set
> etc
> avatar baked appearance texture is corrupt
>
> It seems to me that a list of textures being "not set" does not equal "corrupt".  I guess, ...for something to be
> corrupt at actually needs to be there. Maybe I am very wrong.
>

> Kind regards,
> Caro

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting