[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption(InuYasha Meiji)

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:36:11 UTC 2013

The reason I brought up the file corrupt message being inaccurate, is
because when in SL, I have had SL corrupt my textures.  Those textures,
even after clearing my cash*é*, show up as a blank white texture when I
try to display it.  It wasn't like that for the many months or more it
was uploaded to SL.

In Opensim, if I have that problem crossing sims, I can look in my
inventory, find the name of it and double click.  It may be stuborn
about loading but when I finally see it, the image is there in
inventory.  Looks just like the day I uploaded it.

InuYasha.

On 2/12/2013 10:06 AM, caro t hart wrote:
> Dear InaYasha,
> Thanks for confirming that you encounter the same issue.
> As for currupted textures: I don't know, the simulator console says
> so, but...
>
> Using console command: appearance show avatarname:
> When logging in, teleporting into and after <crt><alt>r this console
> command gives a list of UUID's in the style of:
> Head UUIDnr (uploaded)
> UpperBody UUIDnr (uploaded)
> etc
> avatar baked appearance texture is OK
>
> When walking into another opensim instance (region):
> Head not set
> UpperBody not set
> etc
> avatar baked appearance texture is corrupt
>
> It seems to me that a list of textures being "not set" does not equal
> "corrupt".  I guess, ...for something to be corrupt at actually needs
> to be there. Maybe I am very wrong.
>

> Kind regards,
> Caro

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).