[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:23:06 UTC 2013

I get this problem as well with 7.4. I haven't bothered to say anything
about it because I get the same problem at times when SL is extra laggy.
It always seems to be fixed with CTRL-ALT-R. and yes, TPing to another
region then back also will fix it. I am not sure if I misunderstood, but
I don't get any corrupted textures left in my database,. Not sure if you
meant permanently corrupted or just not showing for the moment?.

InuYasha.

On 2/12/2013 7:43 AM, caro t hart wrote:
> Dear opensim users,
> As some of you I have been experiencing "cloud avatars " , and I have
> done some investigating on what possibly is going wrong. Or at least
> to understand when problems occur.
> This message is to share information and I hope that someone can give
> me hint as to what to do to tackle the problem.
> There are more types of avatar issues, this one deals only with
> the problem that sometimes others cannot see the avatar, but the
> avatar can see himself.
>
> I am running opensim 0.7.4 in grid mode.
> There are number of single region simulators in a row (A .. D)
> and one with 4 adjacent-regions in 1 simulator (M1..M4).
> All testing have been done with 2 standard avatars(Av1, Av2), made
> with the inbuild editor without using imported textures of any kind.
> With the appearance troubleshooting wiki in hand I see the following
> happening:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqeEhPXYSvVrdE1LeVljR3FGQjRVSHo3Q0NYb0p2aWc&output=html
>
> When the region reports avatar textures corrupt the appearance show
> avatar name gives a list with all UUID's not set.
> This test has been done with Zen viewer, Firestorm viewer and
> Imprudence. All give identical results in the console and "cloudstate"
> of the avatar in the viewer.
>
> As far as I can tell:
> • walking from one simulator into another the "receiving" simulator
> either does not get of does not handle avatar textures which leads to
> "corrupt textures"
> • as long as the corrupted textures avatar is in viewing range it will
> be visible as normal
> • teleporting into a region recovers the situation as does hitting
> <crt><alt>r
>
> At the moment I am at a loss as to how to deal with this issue, so it
> would be a great help to know:
> •does anyone of you have the same problem?
> •does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Caro 't Hart
> Email: caro.thart at macaris.nl <mailto:caro.thart at macaris.nl>
>
> Macaris vof
> Web: www.macaris.nl

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).