[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

caro t hart caro.thart at macaris.nl
Tue Feb 12 12:43:38 UTC 2013

Dear opensim users,
As some of you I have been experiencing "cloud avatars " ,? and I
have done some investigating on what possibly is going wrong. Or at
least to understand when problems occur.
This message is to share information and I hope that someone can give
me hint as to what to do to tackle the problem.
There are more types of avatar issues, this one deals only with
the problem that sometimes others cannot see the avatar, but the
avatar can see himself.

I am running opensim 0.7.4 in grid mode.
There are number of single region simulators in a row (A .. D)
and one with 4 adjacent-regions in 1 simulator (M1..M4).
All testing have been done with 2? standard avatars(Av1, Av2), made
with the inbuild editor without using imported textures of any kind.
With the appearance troubleshooting wiki in hand I see the following
happening:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqeEhPXYSvVrdE1LeVljR3FGQjRVSHo3Q0NYb0p2aWc&output=html

When the region reports avatar textures corrupt the appearance show
avatar name gives a list with all UUID's not set.
This test has been done with Zen viewer, Firestorm viewer and
Imprudence. All give identical results in the console and "cloudstate"
of the avatar in the viewer.

As far as I can tell:
• walking from one simulator into another the "receiving" simulator
either does not get of does not handle avatar textures which leads? to
"corrupt textures"
• as long as the corrupted textures avatar is in viewing range it
will be visible as normal
• teleporting into a region recovers the situation as does hitting

At the moment I am at a loss as to how to deal with this issue, so it
would be a great help to know:
•does anyone of you have the same problem?
•does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Caro 't Hart

Email: caro.thart at macaris.nl