[Opensim-users] Announcement of inventory tool (MyInventory), mostly of interest to grid operators/grid nauts

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Nov 19 22:31:03 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 1:42 PM, Snowcrash Short wrote:
> Using Robust as a basis for storing a users personal inventory and
> assets (legally licensed naturally) is asking too much of the average
> user in my personal opinion, it needs to be simpler.
> [...]
> I hope that clarifies why I have opted to stay away from writing code
> for Robust.

You seem to want to design a collection of user services that run on a
person's computer, wrapped up in a nice UI. Robust + HG user services
gives you that, without the UI. You have technical choices that affect
how the community will perceive your work. If you prefer to
redesign/reimplement from scratch instead of using what's already been
designed/implemented, that's your choice. If you prefer to use libomv,
in order to force grids to open their resources to you, instead of
giving grid operators options, that's also your choice.

Feedback doesn't seem to be registering.
One final time, good luck!

Diva