[Opensim-users] are NPCs not supposed to be temporary?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:52:56 UTC 2012

Agreed, persistence is the correct word, not temporary. Sorry.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM, GarminKawaguichi <
garmin.kawaguichi at magalaxie.com> wrote:

>  NPCs vanish when the *simulator* is turned off. So all depends if it's
> the simulator or the viewer you mentionned.
>
> A note about *temporary*: this word is already used for prims where it
> indicates that the lifetime of the prim is limited to about 1 minute;
> without imposing anything, it would be preferable to speak of persistence /
> non-persistence of NPCs based on an event (here stopping the simulator).
>
> GCI
>
> Le 19/11/2012 21:20, Dr Ramesh Ramloll a écrit :
>
> Hello,
> I just came across an unexpected behavior. Whenever I would create NPCs
> and then log out, then back in, the NPCs would have been cleared as
> expected. However, the last couple of times, when I logged back in, the
> NPCs were still there. Am I too tired or something... trying to understand
> how.
> Ramesh

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>
, DeepSemaphore LLC <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+