[Opensim-users] rendering meshies

Ovi Chris Rouly maelzel at ieee.org
Wed Mar 28 10:33:14 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

We've been totally unable to use meshies in our Sims so far this semester.
Well, with the exception of one, "plain vanilla," 0.7.2 MAC laptop install.
The MAC is the only machine (and a laptop at that) that we have that can
demonstrate meshies.  None of our other three machines can even come close.

After the folks praised "plain vanilla" installs recently, I tried a 0.7.3
"plain vanilla" with SQLite install on our main classroom PC.  Still no joy.

Depending on viewer (SL 1/2/3), we can see everything else but meshies.
Meshies, on the other hand, are rendered along a continuum ranging from
absolutely nothing (yet physics tells us something is there) to "shards of
floating glass interconnected by random lines."  I know it sounds strange
but that's how one student has described their meshy rendering.

Do you, or any of the folks reading this have any ideas, Config settings, or
tips on where I may have gone wrong?  ODE is turned on.  Does Bullet play
any role in this?  The meshie lines are all otherwise set true.  I'm
stumped!

I'd be grateful for some advice.

Chris