[Opensim-users] Is management of OS regions/estates the same as in Second Life?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:45:08 UTC 2012

Josain, your assumption is wrong - OpenSimulator was developed entirely separately from Linden Lab's unreleased codebase.

However, management should be broadly similar since it's performed via the common viewer.  However, there are still
missing features that aren't implemented yet.

On 27/03/12 05:30, Josain Zsun wrote:

> I'm assuming they originated with the same source code, but have they diverged enough that management is noticeably
> different?
>

> --
> Thomas Levenson
> Interesting moment w. the 11 y,o. today: "I used to hate losing. Computer games taught me how to lose and keep playing."

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc