[Opensim-users] invisible mesh upload question

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:17:36 UTC 2012

Sarah, exactly what versions of OpenSimulator are we talking about here?  I did make a bug fix recently (master 1c0f3a1,
2012-03-20) for race condition in meshing when running more than one region in a simulator, but this should make later
revisions better rather than anything worse.

Other than that, this area of code has not changed recently.

On 23/03/12 21:18, Sarah Wise wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm encountering a problem uploading meshes to an OpenSim instance.
> The meshes were built in Google Sketchup 8, and I've tested them on
> another version of OpenSim and found that they perform as expected.
> However, on this new version, when I upload a mesh and give it a
> physics shape defined by the .dae, the uploaded mesh is not rendered.
> It is visibly present in the minimap, and is also visible when I turn
> on metadata rendering and render physics shapes. I've uploaded
> screenshots of both the rendered view
> (http://www.css.gmu.edu/swise/rendering.png) and the physics shape
> view (http://www.css.gmu.edu/swise/physicsShapes.png).
>
> I would deeply appreciate any insight into what's going on here. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
> Sarah

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog