[Opensim-users] Disappointed in Tide feature.

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:52:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would suspect that it was not designed to behave this way; and while I
don't think I would expect it to be fixed over night, I do think that if
you were to file a mantis on the topic it will eventually get looked at (if
one hasn't been filed already).

In my years of experience with the opensim developer community, one thing I
have definitely learnt (besides how to spell 'learnt' -- thanks Adam
Frisby!), is that we/they tend to respond far more positively to a cool
(dare I say lighthearted?) presentation of an issue; exhibiting a flair for
the dramatic tends to elicit something more of a 'talk to the hand'
response.

Don't forget, as good as opensim may be, it's still very much a work in
progress, and it shows greatly in the way that it has improved over time.

Look into any existing mantis issues on the subject, and by all means, be
patient -- it pays off :)

Cheers
James

http://simhost.com