[Opensim-users] how to make objects visible only to select avies

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:44:21 UTC 2012

Hello,
This is a toughie that I haven't been able to get my head around,
except that I find that this requirements pops up often in things I
want to implement.
I was wondering if others feel the need to have a function similar to
llOwnerSay .. but for objects llOwnerShow
Of course one could broaden the target category to include select
avies and not just owners.
A simple example where this could be needed is for card games, you
want specific avies to see specific cards.
I do not like the HUD approach because it really introduces a lot of
friction and breaks immersivity.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
Ramesh

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
Blog, LinkedIn, DeepSemaphore LLC, Google+ profile