[Opensim-users] NPC and internal Animations

Gudule Lapointe gudule at spekuloos.be
Tue Mar 6 03:08:22 UTC 2012

I am not quite sure about the detailed protocol between server and client for animation, so I would be happy if someone smarter on this field can confirm or correct...

What I am sure is
	- client can play the animation if it's included in the client software or sent by the server
	- script can send the animation only if it's inside the prim where the script resides.
That is: first steps needed to animate an avatar

After the avatar has confirmed and accepted the animation, there is a protocol, which is certainly more complicate, to deploy this animation to other viewers, (exchange of UUID / animations, updates on moves, whatever…). But it would occur only once the avatar has confirmed it can handle the animation

So, it sounds logical to me that the avatar can be animated only if it's own client owns the animation.

--
http://www.speculoos.net/
secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/