[Opensim-users] NPC and internal Animations

satguru p srivastava ssatguru at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 6 01:48:58 UTC 2012

Garmin,

Thanks for pointing out the BVH files.
121 files!!
A bit of a pain uploading  them :)
You also loose the per bone priorites which you get with
internal/default animations.
Also I am assuming that user loaded animations are not as efficient as
internal ones. Right?

I am still curious why the internal animations do not play.
As far as I know all animations run on client side.
The triggers for animation can come from client side (example when a
users presses a key to make the avatar walk)
or from server side  (example when if it is being called from script).
NPCs animations are triggered from scripts.
How is this different from Avatar animations being triggered from scripts ?

Thanks
Sat